Newcastle v Swansea

hostile_statue

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perch had a decent game.

Two of their best three chances on goal were heavily influenced by poor defending from Perch. And that's in a game where he had bugger all to do.

He didn't do anything.

Perch had a decent game.

Two of their best three chances on goal were heavily influenced by poor defending from Perch. And that's in a game where he had bugger all to do.

He didn't do anything.

I dont remember them having much. Routledge playing the ball across the box and Sinclair taking on Simpson were the only two chance on MOTD. Neither defensive errors or anything Perch could do.

Fashionable to boo players like Perch, Obertan and Shola - all while Tiote has a shocker.

Nobody played badly today, just wasn't happening for us. Thought there was lots of encouraging signs out there, as ever, though a bit wasteful second half. Perch didn't have much to do but done it well and Obertan had a very good first half IMO. I think any criticism is very harsh for those two today. Tiote looked off the pace for 20 minutes (to be expected) but looked solid afterwards. Really have missed him like. Big part of us dominating in midfield.

Perch had a decent game.

He didn't do anything.

I dont remember them having much. Routledge playing the ball across the box and Sinclair taking on Simpson were the only two chance on MOTD. Neither defensive errors or anything Perch could do.

Fashionable to boo players like Perch, Obertan and Shola - all while Tiote has a shocker.

Perch didn't have much to do and never got himself tested, Obertan showed better skill this match but he still lacks brains, and Shola was doing his usual moderate performance... I don't see why that's booing?

I thought the team played well, they just weren't able to put it in the back of the net like they should have in the first half. I find a lot of posters here amusing - how would they behave in an actual crisis like say a flood or an earthquake?

Fannies. :lol:

I thought the team played well, they just weren't able to put it in the back of the net like they should have in the first half. I find a lot of posters here amusing - how would they behave in an actual crisis like say a flood or an earthquake?

Fannies. :lol:

They'd blame, Perch, Obertan, Pardew and MA/DL

I thought today was probably Obertan's best game.

Was still poor. Several times when ball went out for throw in he just had his back to the ball - didn't want it. Has poor end product - cannot fathom why he starts over Ben Arfa who is by far our most gifted player.

Seems obertan will never shake the "shit" tag now. No player has a perfect game. Obertan did well yesterday, cabaye was more infuriating with his wasted corners but people still get on squids back. Unfortunate as it will damage rather than enhance his performances.

The points really do make a difference don't they. All in I thought that was one of the best team performances of the season. Swansea might not have much about them but we never looked in any danger from them whatsoever. We picked up points from much less convincing performances earlier in the season. Just didn't have the rub of the green yesterday.

I thought today was probably Obertan's best game.

Was still poor. Several times when ball went out for throw in he just had his back to the ball - didn't want it. Has poor end product - cannot fathom why he starts over Ben Arfa who is by far our most gifted player.

Seems obertan will never shake the "shit" tag now. No player has a perfect game. Obertan did well yesterday, cabaye was more infuriating with his wasted corners but people still get on squids back. Unfortunate as it will damage rather than enhance his performances.

Agreed 100% but that's the way of the football fan, keejerk reactions and kneejerk judgements which become "the law".

Many a player has been branded "shite" early on at a new club (Enrique and Colo for recent examples and even Ba for a short while) Obertan is only 22, plenty of time.

Our general play for the first 45 min, pressure on the ball and tempo was excellent. When it started to go wrong was when frustration started building early in the second half as it started dawning on folk that we might get shut out. A few silly things started creeping in: a few hoofs from Collo and Perch straight down the middle into the general dir of our front men (who were too far apart), rushed corners and bungled free kicks...I can't remember any corner or free kick bar the one Collo hit the post with going to any of our players.

Then when it was clear we were flat out of ideas Swansea started to get a foothold in the game and coming forawrd with a few more numbers with at times cohesive interchanging and passing that we could only dream about. Everybody was looking at Pards to do something. What followed was the most absolute bollocks substitions ever witnessed in the western hemisphere since the beginning of time.

Our general play for the first 45 min, pressure on the ball and tempo was excellent. When it started to go wrong was when frustration started building early in the second half as it started dawning on folk that we might get shut out. A few silly things started creeping in: a few hoofs from Collo and Perch straight down the middle into the general dir of our front men (who were too far apart), rushed corners and bungled free kicks...I can't remember any corner or free kick bar the one Collo hit the post with going to any of our players.

Then when it was clear we were flat out of ideas Swansea started to get a foothold in the game and coming forawrd with a few more numbers with at times cohesive interchanging and passing that we could only dream about. Everybody was looking at Pards to do something. What followed was the most absolute bollocks substitions ever witnessed in the western hemisphere since the beginning of time.

:lol:

I'll be interested to hear his reasons for not bringing Ben arfa in this week. There's no tactical or fitness reason to leave him on the bench for 90 minutes in this game.

Is he married? Pardew might be pulling some alpha male shit to get in her nickers.

Edited by Happy Face

Ba had 2 top class strikes which on another day could have went in, they were real top drawer attempts, and we had a few other attempts. Our movement was quite good and we were the better side but overall we lacked the quality to break down Swansea and win the game, we are a mid table team tbh and yesterday it showed that we are weak in too many forward positions.

I quite liked Santon, and Perch played quite well but Swansea played good football on the ground and weren't able to exploit him and Colo and our lack of physical strength and height like Norwich did last week.

Edited by LeazesMag

Ba had 2 top class strikes which on another day could have went in, they were real top drawer attempts, and we had a few other attempts. Our movement was quite good and we were the better side but overall we lacked the quality to break down Swansea and win the game, we are a mid table team tbh and yesterday it showed that we are weak in too many forward positions.

I quite liked Santon, and Perch played quite well but Swansea played good football on the ground and weren't able to exploit him and Colo and our lack of physical strength and height like Norwich did last week.

Bar Ba there isn't really enough REAL quality up front. Agreed.

Wonder what Oberrun and Obatierrez stats are....;)

Aye, coming out of the match (and especially hearing some arseholes booing) and checking Twitter, it was hard to believe people were disappointed with the team performance. We battered them for 88 minutes basically, hit the post twice and if the final product had been better (as HF said, Cabaye was incredibly disappointing but nobody was groaning at every shit corner like they were when they perceived Obertan to have done something wrong). Would have liked to see Ben Arfa come on, maybe for Jonas who was a bit toothless compared to even Santon on that left hanf side. Don't blame him for bringing Shola on, has looked immense the past 2 games and gained us a point at Spurs as a sub but seems 3 good games on the bounce is too much for him.

They were outstandingly shit in possession in the first half, mind. Reminded me of when Scunthorpe came up and didn't string 2 passes together.

Wonder what Oberrun and Obatierrez stats are.... ;)

Ben Arfa could have came on mind, but he's becoming an enigma, doesn't seem to have a true position and am beginning to wonder if he has any future at the club. That sort of game yesterday is when he could be used as an impact sub particularly.

We needed a spark from somewhere as the game went on.

Aye, coming out of the match (and especially hearing some arseholes booing) and checking Twitter, it was hard to believe people were disappointed with the team performance. We battered them for 88 minutes basically, hit the post twice and if the final product had been better (as HF said, Cabaye was incredibly disappointing but nobody was groaning at every shit corner like they were when they perceived Obertan to have done something wrong). Would have liked to see Ben Arfa come on, maybe for Jonas who was a bit toothless compared to even Santon on that left hanf side. Don't blame him for bringing Shola on, has looked immense the past 2 games and gained us a point at Spurs as a sub but seems 3 good games on the bounce is too much for him.

They were outstandingly shit in possession in the first half, mind. Reminded me of when Scunthorpe came up and didn't string 2 passes together.

Tiote was rusty mind, and if he had connected with that flying challenge would have been sent off.

Think we were in control for about 70min personally and then they started coming forward a bit (they realised the could nick it) more and nearly scored tbh.

Ben Arfa could have came on mind, but he's becoming an enigma, doesn't seem to have a true position and am beginning to wonder if he has any future at the club. That sort of game yesterday is when he could be used as an impact sub particularly.

When a team sits deep they WANT YOU TO throw balls into the box from the wing. The two lines of 4 are close together and have time to deal with all that arial shit and second ball (cause it's 2 against 6).

WHAT YOU WANT is someone who sneaks between the two lines of 4 ie HBA.

What you DON'T WANT is a manager who is stubborn.

Can't recall them nearly scoring like. Krul had one catch to make all game. There was a cross fizzed across goal that none of their strikers were near and a deflected shot that went about 5 yards wide.

That ex Chelsea player just put it past the post. Krul was frozen to the spot and Collo nealy put it in himself as he was running back.

Edited by Park Life

When a team sits deep they WANT YOU TO throw balls into the box from the wing. The two lines of 4 are close together and have time to deal with all that arial shit and second ball (cause it's 2 against 6).

WHAT YOU WANT is someone who sneaks between the two lines of 4 ie HBA.

What you DON'T WANT is a manager who is stubborn.

aye, Pardew seems to be almost regimental in his fixation with 4-4-2. Not a bad thing, but there are times when you have to try something different, yesterday was a winnable game and in the end we could have lost it to a breakaway goal.