January Transfer window 2012- Deadline Day Madness

Lake Bells tits

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you've came on here with a transfer rumour from a spastic who is known for nothing more than being chris moyles sidekick

seriously CT? :lol:

ye need to count to 10 before jumping on bandwagons

Back to your very, very worst form there CT.

Shame after a decent week so far.

Jeez louise fellas........... :lol:

Only reporting something spotted on twitter from an unknown (to me) Everton fan with a third of a million followers. Hardly Colin Warris stuff. :lol:

Breathe deeply fellas and step away from the caffeine.

Here you go CT, everything you need to know on David Vitty in one place

and thats how you find out hes full of crap

Well just like I was inclined to think Cisse was nowt until it actually happened, equally I'm taking the same view about Krul, Ba etc the other way. The transfer shite will rage for the rest of the window, especially with people writing whatever they fucking care to say on Twitter and people taking it as though they're the players agents.

and this is the only way to stay sane.

oh and CT? seriously man, regardless of where the rumour comes from, Leighton Baines man? really? Give your head a shake.

By the way, what fantastic PR once again for Newcastle United to hijack the ANC and show case such a big signing. It will be all the talk today and can only do us very well in the future.

While we may not have the resources of the bankrolled clubs, we appear to be once again have that big club, big player feel back which can only help ease more deals over the lines.

To think only last week we were panicking about losing Ba, not knowing the real intention was to get a class No 9 to partner him.

The only downside to all of this is having to wait four weeks to see this team take to the field.

Cant wait for the mackems.

minus Krul, if current rumours are to be believed ?

Then what ?

Interesting example, a player who cost us nothing, yet adequately replaced a player sold for £6m. That must mean he's no good right?

it's pointless talking to people like you.

People who regularly point out the gaping chasm in your argument?

I admire your tenacity to stick to the same tried and tested lines in the face of such a tsunami of factual information that contradicts them.

Every successful football club (bar those owned by sugar daddy sheikhs and russian oligarchs) are run like businesses. Arsenal have been doing it for years and have consistently achieved CL status. At times they've received bids too good to turn down - occasionally because the player wants the move (see Fabregas, Cole, Nasri) or sometimes because they were selling them at the peak of their value before a inevitable slide in form (see Henry, Viera, Overmars and Petit). What all of these players have in common is that Arsenal made profits on those players, a fraction of which went back in to player recruitment, the rest to pay for operational costs, wages and I dare say shareholder dividends.

Where FFS went wrong is that he didn't recoup any real value from his assets. So we consistently bought players at the height of their potential worth and sold them for next to nothing or actually nothing (see Robert, Speed, Martins, Owen, Cort, Dyer).

Unless you see players as assets you will always have to find extra revenue to fund new players, and eventually the well will run dry and those wonderful Champions League nights that we all loved will NEVER return.

FMA, for all his faults, has managed to get the club back in a financial position where Europe is back as a possibility.

Good points, well made but sadly wasted on Leazes

sadly, it appears that, like so many people, you and the post you quote are cherry picking the last year or so and totally ignoring the first 13 years of the previous regime as if they never happened. Even worse is that if your man ever matches even the last couple of years of his predecessors, you will be pissing your pants with excitement, in your armchair too, such is the lowering of expectations that you have encompassed and accepted.

The club has been transported back to the70's and 80's in terms of expectations under Mike Ashley. If you witnessed this period, its easy enough to see, if you didn't then be told by someone who did.

Leazes, I know this has been said a million times before, but football has moved on, even since the days of SJH and FFS.

It is not possible to compete for the league and/or the champions league by out spending people like we used to. Look how much it took for Chelsea and Man City to compete at the top of the league. You're talking hundreds of millions of pounds. We simply don't make enough money as a club and we're not lucky enough to be backed by a sovereign state.

The only way we can compete is to follow the Arsenal model (as outlined above) and for my money that's the direction we are heading in.

rubbish.

Football has always been about the team with the most money, and how well NUFC have risen to the challenge. Only 2 teams are being bankrolled, like Jack Walker who also bought the league, and it is no excuse for NUFC to sell their best players and pocket the cash, especially when they had the 14th biggest revenues in football. How much more income does a club need not to have to sell their best players and pocket the cash ?

If you really don't think that the game has moved on, and that competing at the top isn't about absolute megamoney, then your acquaintance with reality is even slimmer than I thought.

like an accountant who backed Souness to spend unlimitless funds to build his own team ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Jeez louise fellas........... :lol:

Only reporting something spotted on twitter from an unknown (to me) Everton fan with a third of a million followers. Hardly Colin Warris stuff. :lol:

Breathe deeply fellas and step away from the caffeine.

one day you will smell the coffee

Reckon you need some, rummy

reckon you need a shot of realism.

Still accusing people of holding positions that they don't and attributing quotes to ethereal "others"?

If the answer is yes, I'd perhaps hold off throwing that first stone, old boy.

like an accountant who backed Souness to spend unlimitless funds to build his own team ?

Unlimitless? Tit.

Tbf, as much as I was well fucked off even I said you have to back your manager once you appoint him. No recall anyone ever saying unlimitless though.

He made some shocking signings like, some of the worst.

The thing is, Leazes absolutely insists that the mark of a good chairman is one that backs his manager with funds. It's all he talks about on here - I mean he's probably typed it out 10 times this week alone. That and what a great chairman Shepherd was because he did this. He then ridicules people for saying that, once appointed, Souness had to be backed with funds by Shepherd (one of his key responsibilities as a great chairman).

And this inconsistency in his argument is utterly beyond his grasp. No matter how many times someone holds his hand and leads him through the very simple logic, it always ends in disappointment. Just as you're thinking that maybe this time the synapses will fire, and the appropriate logic gates will connect in his mind, it always ends in him turning round and going "omg so-called accountant!" or some such shit.

The thing is, Leazes absolutely insists that the mark of a good chairman is one that backs his manager with funds. It's all he talks about on here - I mean he's probably typed it out 10 times this week alone. That and what a great chairman Shepherd was because he did this. He then ridicules people for saying that, once appointed, Souness had to be backed with funds by Shepherd (one of his key responsibilities as a great chairman).

And this inconsistency in his argument is utterly beyond his grasp. No matter how many times someone holds his hand and leads him through the very simple logic, it always ends in disappointment. Just as you're thinking that maybe this time the synapses will fire, and the appropriate logic gates will connect in his mind, it always ends in him turning round and going "omg so-called accountant!" or some such shit.

hopefully Fish picks you up on his current quote ie

holding positions that they don't and attributing quotes to ethereal "others"

I have NEVER said anywhere, that Fred was a GREAT chairman, for one thing he never owned the club, what I have always said is that they backed their managers. This is the first requirement of any good owner/board of directors of a football club. You WILL find this, lots of times, because it is correct.

Don't hold your breath though, that the self appointed board policeman will do as he says he is doing.

i

So you've pulled me up on the one thing that's not that relevant to the point I was making, and reiterated your position to confirm the glaring inconsistency in your argument?

The policeman can move on. Nothing to see here.

This last week has been the first time I've engaged "the argument" that frankly plagues the forum.

I was under the misapprehension that perhaps I could make a difference.

No-one is going to change his mind, the best we can hope for is that it might be kept in a single thread.

This last week has been the first time I've engaged "the argument" that frankly plagues the forum.

No-one is going to change his mind, the best we can hope for is that it might be kept in a single thread.

Im hoping he gets bored with everyone slagging him and he fucks off or gets himself banned. Honestly, this place would improve tenfold if he did go. You'd still get the odd WUM but nobody could beat LM for tedium. The problem is he's stubborn as a mule. It's almost like he gets some perverse pleasure from being the butt of jokes and ridicule. He probably sees a dominatrix in his spare time.

"tell me about Shepherd one more time bitch, I dare you"

"well chum, don't forget we finished 3rd, 4th and 5th under the Halls AND Shepherd"

"WHIP CRACKS"

Mike Ashley can "change my mind". But he won't. I don't get your problem, you may be deluded or unable to see what is in front of you, but not all of us are so blinkered. Thankfully.

Im hoping he gets bored with everyone slagging him and he fucks off or gets himself banned. Honestly, this place would improve tenfold if he did go. You'd still get the odd WUM but nobody could beat LM for tedium. The problem is he's stubborn as a mule. It's almost like he gets some perverse pleasure from being the butt of jokes and ridicule. He probably sees a dominatrix in his spare time.

"tell me about Shepherd one more time bitch, I dare you"

"well chum, don't forget we finished 3rd, 4th and 5th under the Halls AND Shepherd"

"WHIP CRACKS"

what a crushing bore.

When are you going to have the balls to admit that you are now repeating what I told you years ago, that you disagreed with ?

So you've pulled me up on the one thing that's not that relevant to the point I was making, and reiterated your position to confirm the glaring inconsistency in your argument?

The policeman can move on. Nothing to see here.

wrong Gem mate.