January Transfer window 2012- Deadline Day Madness

Lake Bells tits

My mate who's a Watford fan quite likes him. He's apparently fairly quick and fairly reliable at that level. Could easily be a decent back up/ 4th choice. I don't really get it when people whinge about the squad being thin and then whinge when we are intersted in bolstering the squad. Especially when they've barely seen him play.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So someone calls him "quick and reliable at that level" (i.e. untested at Prem level, so might do alright), and then you decide that he's "shite" despite the quote coming from a Watford fan?

He'd join as cover (and/or for when we need some pace in defence). Him plus Williamson and Colo should probably see us through to the summer, when it's easier to buy players and we'll also know what's happening with Coloccini.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

been trying to find a Watford Forum that's active and had an opinion about losing Mariappa, but I can't find squat.

gloryhorns.co.uk

some quotes...

If it's true he derserves his chance.. Good honest player.

I would have to agree, when players give their best they deserve to go with our blessings, ala DG and HH and Tommy Smith..........plus they tend to come back if and when it doesn't work out! LB!!

Still not yet in his prime and should be worth squillions

sell. very overated.

wake up mate....he's an outstanding defender with pace, awareness and good positional sense and we will sorely miss him. Worth at least £3m in today's market......

Edited by trophyshy

Hrd to get a read on those.

mainly because it's yellow on white... ;)

Don't really fancy spending £3m on him though. Bit much for a bench warmer, iyam

Obertan is shit and thats coming out of the manure set up which is light years ahead of us in developing players. Perch is one of the worst players I've seen at Newcastle.

I'm surprised anybody can think otherwise given their performances.

Don't think Perch has done anything wrong whewn he's been brought on to kill games like.

Obertan is 22 and it's his first season at a new club in a new system, think it's harsh to completely write him off.

Mind, you've never been mone for positivty have you? You're Yorkshire aren't you?

Clearly, you don't actually watch games, do you? You seem to have very little knowledge of football. if you think there is nothing wrong with perch then there isn't really much left to say.

Obertan is shit and thats coming out of the manure set up which is light years ahead of us in developing players. Perch is one of the worst players I've seen at Newcastle.

Don't think Perch has done anything wrong whewn he's been brought on to kill games like.

Obertan is 22 and it's his first season at a new club in a new system, think it's harsh to completely write him off.

Mind, you've never been mone for positivty have you? You're Yorkshire aren't you?

Clearly, you don't actually watch games, do you? You seem to have very little knowledge of football. if you think there is nothing wrong with perch then there isn't really much left to say.

Have I said that?

Fuck me you're not sharp are you, no wonder you mope through life like the tail end of the human centipede

My mate who's a Watford fan quite likes him. He's apparently fairly quick and fairly reliable at that level. Could easily be a decent back up/ 4th choice. I don't really get it when people whinge about the squad being thin and then whinge when we are intersted in bolstering the squad. Especially when they've barely seen him play.
who said barely? people whinge about us being thin, and are right to whinge about us not bolstering it with someone better than that frankly, being thin and padding it out with shite when we should be able to sign someone decent is irritating.

You seem awfully defensive about the my 'barely seen them play' comment despite the fact that I didn't mention you at all. I'm pretty sure we have been saying recently that we essentially want some sort of stop gap until the summer when we will look to get someone better in, seems fairly reasonable to me. It's not like anyone is claiming he's the answer to pushing us into the top four. I would prefer we had some sort of cover than be forced to play a shit right back there.

Edited by RobH

Touched a nerve, eh, Nancy?

:lol: Not at all mong boy, not at all.

Just don't understand miserable people, like you.

Beaten down over the years by the Toon. You aren't, but that's because you don't watch Newcastle. So your opinions on football don't really count, do they?

Wouldn't you be better off on a boy band website?

Touched a nerve, eh, Nancy?

:lol: Not at all mong boy, not at all.

Just don't understand miserable people, like you.

Beaten down over the years by the Toon. You aren't, but that's because you don't watch Newcastle. So your opinions on football don't really count, do they?

Wouldn't you be better off on a boy band website?

:lol: You know nothing about me Eeyore, your "knowledge" of football begins by saying players are shit and we'll never win anything and ends with silence when we play well or sign a promising player. You're the very model of moaning Yorkshire prick. You've no insight, no savy and no sense of football.

Wouldn't you be better off on a rugby site, or maybe just kill yourself and end your misery?

If I was you Fishy, which thankfully I'm not, I'd give up on the comments about football. Sadly, you have no idea about the game which is becoming more and more apparent. So I'm wasting my time responding to you.

You seem to think you know a bit about me even though you are way off the mark. What have I gleaned about you? Not much. I know you are a shirtlifter..... Not that theres anything wrong with that..... and you are from London. Thats about it. Surprised you aren't a manure fan.

If I was you Fishy, which thankfully I'm not, I'd give up on the comments about football. Sadly, you have no idea about the game which is becoming more and more apparent. So I'm wasting my time responding to you.

You seem to think you know a bit about me even though you are way off the mark. What have I gleaned about you? Not much. I know you are a shirtlifter..... Not that theres anything wrong with that..... and you are from London. Thats about it. Surprised you aren't a manure fan.

Not gay, not from London and I know more about football than you. Not great at this are you sniffer old son?

That, despite being over the age of 12, you still refer to them as 'manure' says pretty much everything about you as a football fan. Your 'input' so far has been to say that players are shit and we won't win anything. You offer nothing but misanthropy to this board, you don't even do it with wit, it's just your typical Yorkshire drone.

Do fuck off, there's a good chap :cuppa:

Agreed. I think Perch has a done a good job when he has come on. Obertan will get better, he is 22!! Remember Enrique when we signed him........absolute shit.

Considering he's been supporting Newcastle for 40 odd years and goes to all the games his input on here is pretty shocking really

supporting Newcastle and going to games isn't exactly on your portfolio, so you would be better off going back to your corner.

Looks like Mariappa could be on his way then. A distinctly average signing.

We don't need high profile signings, just cover.

"cover" for a team that has no chance whatsoever of getting anywhere near the top sides and finishing 7th or 8th in the league is the ultimate ?

You're potty. :icon_lol: