NUFC vs QPR

Monroe Transfer

Best worked his socks off once again, tremendous from the lad.

Responding to those who say Colo hadn't anything to do - he cleared many crosses and carried the ball out of defence beautifully on a couple of occasions. Don't think you can ask for any more.

Guthrie was superb from the moment Cabaye was stretchered off ironically - another player who has improved massively under Pardew.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QPR were woeful and the first 20 mins from us was as bad as we've been all season, until Ben Arfa came on and we actually got some life into the team/crowd and played some semblance of football. And once we did, we scored an excellent goal with good build up play and top notch skill from Best.

I didn't think Wright-Phillips could get less end product to his game but he's managed it! And their finishing is just not good enough at this level and it shows. Also noticeable is that straight away Hughes has done what he always does, make his teams dirty, cynical bastards like he was as a player, hope they go down now.

Ben Arfa played well. I can't see how he deserves criticism after that display. He made 3 or 4 good runs. Gave about a dozen good passes. Sure he gives the ball away but players who's first instinct is to attack are going to give the ball away from time to time. He worked hard in defence, kept the shape, won the ball back a few times and never let his man get past him. I've come to the conclusion that some people will just never be pleased.

3 wins on the bounce!

What's the word on Cabeye? Sounds like they took him off as a precaution, hope it's nothing serious because he's key for us.

HF won't be happy Ben Arfa didn't score a wonder goal, LBGT won't be happy that he didn't start. :(

Very pleasing result considering the performance.

I was willing Ben Arfa to do well with every touch. We desperately need a player like him in the side to give us a bit of creativity but I've got to say I thought he was poor. He seems to be trying too hard, which is understandable give his lack of chances. There were some moments of class from him, a couple of tasty through balls, but overall he was frustrating. I don't think pardew is going to start him if he's not getting a look in at home to qpr and that 90 minutes won't have done his case any favours, sadly.

Thought Guthrie was class. Continued his good form from earlier in the season and hopefully he'll keep it up while tiote away.

Thought Ryan Taylor had another decent game. Looked competent in centre mid too. Every squad needs a utility man.

Perch coming on with 15 mins to go was the right move, despite what the boo boys say. Crap defender but a half decent holding midfielder to help see the game out. Pardew's used him like that a few times now to good effect.

Bet was good, a knock there is a worry. Shola did his usual thing of running out of steam after about an hour. Probably would have been subbed if Best hadn't gone off injured. Ba's absence highlights how short of quality we are up front.

Shout to Jonas too. He has his critics on here and his final ball can be frustrating but you have to tip your hat to the shift he puts in every week. He never stops running.

Edited by Dr Gloom

I was in the middle of a similar reply, Re: Gloomy on Ben Arfa, but decided its not really worth it at this point. Seems he has to score every week to stop the, 'Pardew is right to bench him' rampage of ignorance.

In no stretch of the imagination was Hatem 'poor' today Gloomy, you Wilkin's listening mug. Not 'amazing' but that was a solid performance from him.

I want Hatem starting. But he's played a lot better than that and then Pardew's still kept him on the bench.

And you can fuck right off with that Wilkins comment. :lol:

I was in the middle of a similar reply, Re: Gloomy on Ben Arfa, but decided its not really worth it at this point. Seems he has to score every week to stop the, 'Pardew is right to bench him' rampage of ignorance.

I haven't said I think he's right to bench him have I you bell.

On the tip of your tongue though. One more performance that you deem 'frustrating' (ie. doesn't score a goal) and you'll be off and running.

No, it isn't. I want him in the side. That's why it's frustrating that he hasnt put in a better performance. Pardew kept him on the bench after he played better than that so I don't see him starting next time.

I'm frustrated with Pardew for not giving him more chances and I'm frustrated with Ben Arfa for trying too hard when he does get the chance. He should be starting. The whole fuckin thing is frustrating. I fully expect to see some comments from Pardew in midweek about him having more to do more to fit fit into our style of play.

Edited by Dr Gloom

On the tip of your tongue though. One more performance that you deem 'frustrating' (ie. doesn't score a goal) and you'll be off and running.

No, it isnt. I want him in the side. That's why it's frustrating that he hasnt put in a better performance. Pardew kept him on the bench after he put in a played better than that so I don't see him starting next time.

I'm frustrated with Pardew for not giving him more chances and I'm frustrated with Ben Arfa for trying too hard when he does get the chance. He should be starting. The whole fuckin thing is frustrating. I fully expect to see some comments from Pardew in midweek about him having more to do more to fit fit into our style of play.

These two things are obviously related, though.

In no stretch of the imagination was Hatem 'poor' today Gloomy, you Wilkin's listening mug. Not 'amazing' but that was a solid performance from him.

I want Hatem starting. But he's played a lot better than that and then Pardew's still kept him on the bench.

It was a bit harsh.

It was a bit harsh.

The lowest of the low blows tbh.

Thank god that's over and I'm back in my nice warm taxi.

Atrocious game and within the first 10 minutes it looked like none of our lot were up for it on this frosty day.

Can't understand why the pitch was so frosty? Ashley skimping on the under soil heating?

Not really worth over analysing such a dire game but....

Star man for me was Jonas. Seemed to run his arse off and pop up all over the pitch. End product crap as per, but 10 out of 10 for effort.

Ben Arfa looked dangerous when he came on and totally lifted the drab performance a few notches. Still letting himself down by holding on too long but overall decent.

Amoebi also deserves a mention for one of the most inept lazy performances seen in recent times. So bad almost funny.

Best took the goal very well but overall was a pudding.

The rest really arnt worth mentioning as there performances were sub par.

While it draws moans from the crowds, Perch did what was needed and helped see the game out.

As Swansea go 2-1 up you have to be happy with 3 points. I am :)

The rest really arnt worth mentioning as there performances were sub par.

no mention any of the defenders? Santon looked class, colo was his usual coloy self