Fabio Capello has resigned

Ayatollah Hermione

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The PL has the highest ratio of foreign players of any European league iirc. Not good for young English players development.

So what?!?

What difference does that make?

If the production line is a fuck up it doesn't matter what opportunity these hacks have.

Poms are the joke of football, not too far behind Italy.

Are You Being Served?

Edited by Ken

Awful fishing effort that like Ken.

Better you stick to talking about sports the convicts are half good at, like cricket. Oh, hang on....

Edited by Dr Gloom

Better you stick to sports the convicts are half good at, like cricket. Oh, hang on....

Aye :lol: Two words: Craig Moore.

Better you stick to talking about sports the convicts are half good at, like cricket. Oh, hang on....

No problem gloomy. Been away for a while, just trying to get acclimatised again. Anyhow, is it supporter or fan for you?

Spot which one was discarded by Capello:

• Striker Wayne Rooney: "Gutted Capello has quit. Good guy and top coach. Got to be English to replace him. Harry Redknapp for me."
  • Defender Rio Ferdinand: "So Capello resigns....what now...."
  • Midfielder Jack Wilshere: "People have their own judgement on Capello but for a young player who was given the chance to play for my country at such a young age he has shown great belief and trust in me so I can only thank him."
  • Right-back Kyle Walker: "Gutted to see Fabio Capello go, he put a lot of trust in me and gave me my first cap. just want to say a big thanks really."
  • Full-back Glen Johnson: "Sad news to see Capello step down. Good man and a Good manager."
  • Striker Michael Owen: "Don't know if was just me but it never felt right in the first place knowing the England manager was heading off after the Euros regardless."

Am I the only one worried about Redknapp? a coach who regularly admits that his level of tactical instruction doesn't go much further than 'go on rafa go play in the hole for me'...'gareth get chalk on your boots etc'...he came undone in the CL on a few occasions and at international level you barely get enough time with the players to forge strong relationships etc

Am I the only one worried about Redknapp? a coach who regularly admits that his level of tactical instruction doesn't go much further than 'go on rafa go play in the hole for me'...'gareth get chalk on your boots etc'...he came undone in the CL on a few occasions and at international level you barely get enough time with the players to forge strong relationships etc

That's precisely why I want him to be appointed England manager. It doesn't worry me in the slightest. :)

I'd echo your concerns tbh. Although I'm not that worried because I think we've got very little chance of success whoever the manager is. I think he'd benefit 'early doors' from 'feel good factor' though so giving it to him just before the Euros perhaps wouldn't be the worst idea. I'm not convinced Capello was as shit as he's been painted in some quarters but I do think his lack of enthusiasm worked its way in the players' minds. Without passion England are fuck all. That's not me saying passion alone is anything like enough to win international tournaments btw.

• Striker Wayne Rooney: "Gutted Capello has quit. Good guy and top coach. Got to be English to replace him. Harry Redknapp for me."
  • Midfielder Jack Wilshere: "People have their own judgement on Capello but for a young player who was given the chance to play for my country at such a young age he has shown great belief and trust in me so I can only thank him."
  • Right-back Kyle Walker: "Gutted to see Fabio Capello go, he put a lot of trust in me and gave me my first cap. just want to say a big thanks really."
  • Full-back Glen Johnson: "Sad news to see Capello step down. Good man and a Good manager."
  • Striker Michael Owen: "Don't know if was just me but it never felt right in the first place knowing the England manager was heading off after the Euros regardless."

He's back the weekend after next according to physioroom....if 'arry's appointed what price a place in the squad if he gets a hatrick v Wigan or something like that before the end of the season?

He's back the weekend after next according to physioroom....if 'arry's appointed what price a place in the squad if he gets a hatrick v Wigan or something like that before the end of the season?

hed have to play a match first 1 substitute PL appearance this season

he isnt getting near that squad