Rangers enter Administration

Christmas Tree

I can't understand how Green could honestly afford to pay their wages in the bottom division. I'd guess that he was hoping to sell half of them anyway to give the club some working capital.

Probably. Serves him right.

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: playing in front of three old blokes, a dog and a pork pie. Never mind it's Rangers, it's a fucking HONOUR

It's pretty funny like. I just don't understand how they get so up their own arse. It's like Newcastle playing a league of 11 league one clubs & going fucking mental when we win. I bet the crowds would be the same too.

I've no idea of the figures involved but they were already losing money in the SPL with the TV and prize money while not paying their NI contributions so I'd imagine that the situation would only be worse in League 2.

Aye but is part of the reason they want to move to England not because the TV and prize money is only about a million quid anyway?

I've no sympathy for Rangers because of the sectarian nonsense. Stuff like this just reinforces the notion that some of their fans live in la la land. I expect Celtic fans are no different.

I've no sympathy for Rangers because of the sectarian nonsense. Stuff like this just reinforces the notion that some of their fans live in la la land. I expect Celtic fans are no different.

correct!

Aye but is part of the reason they want to move to England not because the TV and prize money is only about a million quid anyway?

it's about £3m to win the SPL, and about £2.2m for second place - the rest of the clubs get £800k - £200k (ish) in a formula devised and rammed through by both Rangers and Celtic in the rigged 11-1 voting system in the SPL - they've bled the game dry and ensured they get the most money, the CL places year-on-year to the detriment of all other member clubs and now one of them wants our sympathy and understanding.

Article in the Glasgow Herald this morning had a rather disturbing statement.

"Charles Green last night submitted the paperwork required for the SFA to process the application by a newco Rangers for membership status, writes Richard Wilson. The documents will be studied on Monday, with the application itself not officially adjudicated on until after the club has been granted a league place."

Seems to be another bending of the rules - i.e. here's a berth in SFL1/3 even though you're not yet officially a member.

For once, they're not bending/breaking the rules, those are the proper rules, you have to have a league place to apply for SFA membership, can't get SFA without being accepted by a league, whether it's the Highland League of SPL. For a newclub, SFL rules state once a place is granted a club must get SFA affiliation, within 14 days.

In this instance the request for the paperwork was actually the SFA being "tough" they demanded the docs by cop Friday and only gave them 72 hours to come up with the paperwork.

I think it's more than that. But the big kicker will be no chance of CL football and the money involved.

I just don't see them being able to sustain that level of losses for at least four years.

Aye occasionally they play in front of 1000's in the Scottish Premier League, I can't see them wanting to turn that into 100's in grounds no stands.

I can see many chairmen of said "ground with no stands" not wanting them either tbh, despite the alleged cash bonanza, they'd have to have ground improvements (very short notice) and the policing costs would be ridiculous (there's no segregation for a start). The small clubs run on a shoestring, Brechin (whilst a really tidy little ground) has a hedge.

Sadly I DO actually think you are thick as pigshit

I know but I look down my nose at you, I don't respect anything about you, and you're a nob, so your opinion is invalid to me.

I think it's more than that. But the big kicker will be no chance of CL football and the money involved.

I just don't see them being able to sustain that level of losses for at least four years.

Ewerk they haven't been in the CL for 3 or 4 years. The lad said £3m if they win the league. That's pennies. If they can keep most of the support and a decent level of sponsorship and commercial activity, they can generate say £30m a year for now, with a far reduced wage bill, what are there other outgoings ganna be?

Ewerk they haven't been in the CL for 3 or 4 years. The lad said £3m if they win the league. That's pennies. If they can keep most of the support and a decent level of sponsorship and commercial activity, they can generate say £30m a year for now, with a far reduced wage bill, what are there other outgoings ganna be?

They were in the CL group stages in 6 out of the last 9 season, including 2 out of the last 3.

They can't operate with their current wage bill, which is what they would have if all the players transferred to the Newco. My point was that they would've sold most of their top earners if they had've actually transferred to the Newco as they can't afford to keep them.

Edit: Not to mention that they're not going to be able to charge the same ticket prices in the Scottish Third Division.

Edited by ewerk

They were in the CL group stages in 6 out of the last 9 season, including 2 out of the last 3.

They can't operate with their current wage bill, which is what they would have if all the players transferred to the Newco. My point was that they would've sold most of their top earners if they had've actually transferred to the Newco as they can't afford to keep them.

Edit: Not to mention that they're not going to be able to charge the same ticket prices in the Scottish Third Division.

We charged the same prices, but they'll have to reduce them. Your point is correct, and now they're all leaving 5k surely will be the top end of what they should be paying.

For once, they're not bending/breaking the rules, those are the proper rules, you have to have a league place to apply for SFA membership, can't get SFA without being accepted by a league, whether it's the Highland League of SPL. For a newclub, SFL rules state once a place is granted a club must get SFA affiliation, within 14 days.

In this instance the request for the paperwork was actually the SFA being "tough" they demanded the docs by cop Friday and only gave them 72 hours to come up with the paperwork.

so you agree that they aren't going to disappear and be taken over my Tesco then ?

We charged the same prices, but they'll have to reduce them. Your point is correct, and now they're all leaving 5k surely will be the top end of what they should be paying.

Good interview on the radio today from Turnbull Hutton (Raith Rovers chairman). http://soundcloud.com/celticresearch/turnbull-hutton/s-x6eb5

Clyde FC have also put out a rather verbose NO today.

As for £5k wages suggested, it may be enlightening for you to know that in SFL3 both East Stirling and Clyde pay about a tenner for the young players (+ travelling expenses) - while in SFL1 a wage of about £1.5k would be top whack for any club

Officially refused entry to the SPL.

Now what ?

Scottish 1st or 3rd seems the only two possibility's.

has got to be the 3rd division - there is undue pressure being put on the 30 SFL clubs to lever them into the 1st division but hopefully us smaller "diddy" teams (as hun fans used to call us) will do what has to be done to make sure they get in on the bottom rung

hopefully though they'll just piss off into oblivion and take their sectarian nonsense with them

no, that's not right, according to people like Toonpack, who say clubs who go into administration will just go quietly, disappear and never be heard of again.

Daily Telegraph say no Rangers could lead to social unrest in Scotland.

http://www.telegraph...ext-season.html

No, the Chief Executive of the SFA said that, the Telegraph just reported it. His position must now be untenable.

Excellent Summary of the "powers" here:

http://rangerstaxcase.wordpress.com/2012/07/02/never-a-penalty-19-2/comment-page-47/#comment-125911