Rangers enter Administration

Christmas Tree

Oh grow up, the "wee huns" is a legacy of the fact that they were a protestant club (and is used to wind up Hearts fans because they disavow the label), sectarianism is no more a problem at Hearts than racism is at just about any club down here, you can't tar a whole support with the actions of a minority.

Why do football fans have disparaging names for other teams, not becasue it's factually correct but because it will cause offence.

As for the Neil Lennon incident, it happened to Neil Lennon because lets face it he's Neil Lennon, and tbh that's more than enough reason to ploat the bastard (even Shearer thought so).

There is still that element to Hearts though, although it shows more as anti-Celtic than pro-Rangers. One of the guys I work with used to be an Ibrox season ticket holder, and he said Hearts away was the only fixture where Rangers fans would drink with home supporters without any problems.

Not saying that's all Hearts fans though. The response from supporters at every club has been the same when it comes to the Rangers Newco.

Edited by toon_don

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is still that element to Hearts though, although it shows more as anti-Celtic than pro-Rangers. One of the guys I work with used to be an Ibrox season ticket holder, and he said Hearts away was the only fixture where Rangers fans would drink with home supporters without any problems.

It's always an "element" can't tar the majority.

Aberdeen despise Rangers but I've seen Rangers fans "on the sauce" in Aberdeen on game-day. There's places where that wouldn't/couldn't happen or there'd be hell on, away fans "pick their bars" I'd be surprised if it was the "only" place where you could have a pint in a mixed setting.

I'll ask my lad what his experience was, he's been to Hearts OF games in the last couple of years.

In my experience, Hearts hate the OF (ugly sisters/two cheeks of the same arse) because they believe they are the next biggest thing BUT are prevented from doing much because of the OF duopoly, there's way more angst about that than there is about religious divide.

That said, I worked in Edinburgh for three years (some time ago) and was quite suprised by the level of "general" bigotry that existed which had nowt to do with football.

Edited by Toonpack

Oh grow up, the "wee huns" is a legacy of the fact that they were a protestant club (and is used to wind up Hearts fans because they disavow the label), sectarianism is no more a problem at Hearts than racism is at just about any club down here, you can't tar a whole support with the actions of a minority.

Shit man, you even puled up a thread from Kickback (the biggest HMFC board) to try and prove they were sectarian, what in reality was the tone of that thread if not general condemnation.

Why do football fans have disparaging names for other teams, not because it's factually correct but because it will cause offence.

As for the Neil Lennon incident, it happened to Neil Lennon because lets face it he's Neil Lennon, and tbh that's more than enough reason to ploat the bastard (even Shearer thought so).

Toon Don answered your post before above here, perfectly. Neil Lennon is a wank, but Hearts remain a support Rangers fans get along with.

Toon Don answered your post before above here, perfectly. Neil Lennon is a wank, but Hearts remain a support Rangers fans get along with.

Aye whatever, apart from the Rangers fans I've seen (with mine own eyes - in The Monkey House for the record) in bars in Aberdeen with Aberdeen fans also "in". Wasn't rammed mind but they were there. I'm sure Aberdeen fans would love to be tagged as "getting along with Rangers fans".

Just talked to my lad, he reckons the atmosphere when either of the OF "come to town" is absolutely poisonous, he adds his Hearts mates actually hate Rangers more than they do Celtic.

There's a song he's just told me:

Hello Hello

How do you do

We Hate those boys in Royal Blue

We hate those boys in emerald green

So fuck the Pope

and fuck the Queen

There's an over 800+ page long thread on Kickback about Ranger's tribulations by the way, it positively oozes support for Rangers obviously :rolleyes:

Edited by Toonpack

http://www.thecourie...the-bigots.html

http://www.dailyreco...cf21021ffef01,0

It's not like it's an argument, Hearts fans lean to the Rangers side. Show me similar articles of sectarianism being widely reported about clubs in Scotland other than Rangers, Hearts and Celtic.

Bollocks

1st article a (singular) 19 year old man.

And sectarian chanting when Celtic sing IRA songs, what would you expect theresponse would be.

Stick to what you know, which I think is probably bad gambling on anything else you are clueless.

Newcastle racist ???

http://www.huffingto..._n_1191238.html

Edited by Toonpack

Bollocks

1st article a (singular) 19 year old man.

And sectarian chanting when Celtic sing IRA songs, what would you expect theresponse would be.

Stick to what you know, which I think is probably bad gambling on anything else you are clueless.

Newcastle racist ???

http://www.huffingto..._n_1191238.html

The fact you're even debating it shows you just do not have a clue. You're out of your depth. I've been to Edinburgh, Glasgow and all over Scotland loads of time, worked with and know many Scots. I'm no where near as old as you, but what I am is a hundred times more knowledgable about football than you. To deny there's links between Hearts and Rangers over decades, not just odd seasons, is one more time, and surely this board has had enough, to admit you're beyond clueless.

Edited by McFaul

The fact you're even debating it shows you just do not have a clue. You're out of your depth. I've been to Edinburgh, Glasgow and all over Scotland loads of time, worked with and know many Scots. I'm no where near as old as you, but what I am is a hundred times more knowledgable about football than you. To deny there's links between Hearts and Rangers over decades, not just odd seasons, is one more time, and surely this board has had enough, to admit you're beyond clueless.

Times have changed man, it's like saying Newcastle Utd are still one of the most racist crowds in the country.

I've lived/worked north of the border for over 10 years in the last 15. You reckon you've been up there loadsand they all hate the English, says it all tbh.

Anyway fuck off, let the people who know what they are talking about, get on with it.

Times have changed man, it's like saying Newcastle Utd are still one of the most racist crowds in the country.

I've lived/worked north of the border for over 10 years in the last 15. You reckon you've been up there loadsand they all hate the English, says it all tbh.

Anyway fuck off, let the people who know what they are talking about, get on with it.

you don't half spout some rubbish. Everyone who has been to Jockland knows that the vast majority hate the English.

I've worked there and still do now, also have family there. I wouldn't say the majority hated the English, but then i think their attitude to Geordies is different to that of Cockneys.

you don't half spout some rubbish. Everyone who has been to Jockland knows that the vast majority hate the English.

Been there, lived there, the Scottish on the whole dislike the English to the degree that we're known as the 'Auld Enemy', that said there's varying levels no doubt. I think what is more to the point is that there's an undercurrent in Scotland which could be down to their own national pride or the fact that the history of their country pretty much consists of battles with the English that given the choice they would choose to hate us rather than not. It's a totally different story the further south you go in England with the English people in general - you can take a Scot anywhere and they'll declare their hatred of the English, however, most English people wouldn't really have an opinion on the matter as far as the Scots are concerned, my theory being because our history consists of having far bigger fish to fry.

On a side note, I'll always remember a headline front page on the Daily Record during Euro 96 that stated 'ENGLISH SCUM RIOT!", I doubt had it been the other way round the Scottish would have been referred to as 'Scum'... to be fair though at the time I had to agree with them.

... oh, and before I get jumped on, I still have Scottish friends up there and in fact some Scottish relatives, as I said though there was always a dislike for the English - from a jokey, piss-taking dislike to an outright hatred of anything to do with English culture. It always made me laugh that my brother's missus went out of her way to buy an Argentina shirt when we played them (could have been WC98), sad really.

Edited by Armchair Pundit

That's not my experience either, but I am incredibly loveable.

You're right, that's not a credible statement.

You're right, that's not a credible statement.

5 gift vouchers off your own sister for your birthday tells us all we need to know about your loveability, mammy's boy.

Edited by Gemmill

The lad I run my business with is Scotch, I work up there a fair bit.

I think it's fair to say that generally they regard Geordies as non-English , but the Anti English sentiment is never hard to find if you want too.

I make a point of saying to him " Yessss! Back in Gods Country!" every time we cross back into Northumberland , but that's because I'm a cunt.

5 gift vouchers off your own sister for your birthday tells us all we need to know about your loveability, mammy's boy.

It's still my birthday and I'm still unwell. Therefore I'm delightful and you're a twat.

There's a song he's just told me:

Hello Hello

How do you do

We Hate those boys in Royal Blue

We hate those boys in emerald green

So fuck the Pope

and fuck the Queen

That's actually one of our songs - our satirical response to having to live in the shadow of these bigots in this city - a few words are wrong and these have been edited and it was essentially our take on why they always sing about queen/pope/IRA/UVF etc at the football

Hello Hello

How do you do

We hate the boys in royal blue

We hate the boys in emerald green

So fuck your Pope

and fuck your Queen

We also do a rather neat little ditty regarding the fair Mary

I know a lassie

a bonnie bonnie lassie

she's as tight as the paper on the wall

she's got legs like a spider

i'd love tae fkin ride her

Mary fae Maryhill

(there is a second verse about her ample bosoms falling out her top (where we pair jumper & hump her - but not many people know that old verse!)

We're actually a harmless non-sectarian bunch so please don't factor our old song into a hatefest/bigot debate.

Edited by topcat

Quote from the Sevco manager tonight - far from the 13 players I alluded to in a previous post it would seem they only have enough for a 5-a-side team (plus sub)

"We have a transfer embargo hanging over us but how can I operate with a transfer embargo when I only have six players?

"It's impossible and it's just madness.

"I have in the region of six first team players at pre-season training right now, two of whom were regulars last season in the SPL.

"We need to bring in the region of 10, 12 or even 14 players.

"I reckon since January we have lost close to 21 players.

"We have to start rebuilding and to do that we'll have a better chance in SFL3."

They've also moved the vote forward to Tuesday next week - hopefully common sense will prevail.

Been there, lived there, the Scottish on the whole dislike the English to the degree that we're known as the 'Auld Enemy', that said there's varying levels no doubt. I think what is more to the point is that there's an undercurrent in Scotland which could be down to their own national pride or the fact that the history of their country pretty much consists of battles with the English that given the choice they would choose to hate us rather than not. It's a totally different story the further south you go in England with the English people in general - you can take a Scot anywhere and they'll declare their hatred of the English, however, most English people wouldn't really have an opinion on the matter as far as the Scots are concerned, my theory being because our history consists of having far bigger fish to fry.

On a side note, I'll always remember a headline front page on the Daily Record during Euro 96 that stated 'ENGLISH SCUM RIOT!", I doubt had it been the other way round the Scottish would have been referred to as 'Scum'... to be fair though at the time I had to agree with them.

... oh, and before I get jumped on, I still have Scottish friends up there and in fact some Scottish relatives, as I said though there was always a dislike for the English - from a jokey, piss-taking dislike to an outright hatred of anything to do with English culture. It always made me laugh that my brother's missus went out of her way to buy an Argentina shirt when we played them (could have been WC98), sad really.

very good. A good summary. Despite what the Toonpacks etc think. Deep down, they don't really like us, but put up with us in a sort of way that you would do if your daughter married a sponging immigrant who only came to the UK for the benefits but hated the British and everything we stood for, showing it as he heckled troops coming back from invading his homeland hoping nobody he knew recognised him on the TV cameras.

very good. A good summary. Despite what the Toonpacks etc think. Deep down, they don't really like us, but put up with us in a sort of way that you would do if your daughter married a sponging immigrant who only came to the UK for the benefits but hated the British and everything we stood for, showing it as he heckled troops coming back from invading his homeland hoping nobody he knew recognised him on the TV cameras.

I've read this 3 times now and still can't quite take it all in :lol:

It is the singularly most ridiculous thing I've ever had the misfortune to read. Looking at the time of post I'm going to be charitable and put it down to drink.