How do you feel about St James' now compared to in the past

ajax_andy

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always during 2/3 week breaks strangley.

Aye. I'd hoped Ashley might have stopped his 'rebranding' exercise but apparently our ground is being desecrated as we speak. Über cunt bastard.

I don't think Ashley will ever stop his re-branding exercise - Can't imagine what great idea he comes up with next the fat Prick

You'll never get back to the 80s because, as CT says, making the stadiums all-seater killed a lot of the atmosphere. Society has changed too though, you could bring back terracing but it still wouldn't be the same (not that it would ever be for the majority of fans anyway - but even if it was it wouldn't be the same).

Btw, a bloke at the Spurs match last season turned around and asked me to stop swearing. He had his two bairns with him but I wasn't even talking loudly let alone shouting. It was just a private conversation. He was completely out of order - ask Gemmill. He had a fucking southern accent to top things off. He was soft as shit as well (and I didn't threaten him or owt, I didn't even swear at him, I basically told him to have a word with himself and to shut up and watch the match). He moved for the 2nd half. That's the type of toucher you get going to the games these days tbh. Obviously not everyone is like that.

Thats the thing and exactly what I think has spoiled part of the game. I hate people swearing in front of kids, any kids not just mine. However, if I take my kids in to that environment (a match), then thats my fault. I want to take them to the game, but I know what Im exposing them to. thats why wont take either of them until they watch a full game on tv with me and know whats going on. Seen too many people with kids and the kids aren't even interested in the game and the parents expect all those around them to be quiet etc. The all seater thing wrecked it for me. I dont mind that not everyone wants to sing, but dont have a go at people that do.

Oh, and if you do, get the lyrics to the Blaydon Races right man ffs.

You'll never get back to the 80s because, as CT says, making the stadiums all-seater killed a lot of the atmosphere. Society has changed too though, you could bring back terracing but it still wouldn't be the same (not that it would ever be for the majority of fans anyway - but even if it was it wouldn't be the same).

Btw, a bloke at the Spurs match last season turned around and asked me to stop swearing. He had his two bairns with him but I wasn't even talking loudly let alone shouting. It was just a private conversation. He was completely out of order - ask Gemmill. He had a fucking southern accent to top things off. He was soft as shit as well (and I didn't threaten him or owt, I didn't even swear at him, I basically told him to have a word with himself and to shut up and watch the match). He moved for the 2nd half. That's the type of toucher you get going to the games these days tbh. Obviously not everyone is like that.

Aye it was ridiculous tbf. It wasn't even like you were shouting at the ref or owt, it was me and you in conversation with the odd swear word chucked in. Fucking knobhead. The effect your swearing would have had on his kid was significantly less damaging than having to witness his dad soil his underpants when he was told to turn back round and mind his business. :lol:

I've met alex, he's not an intimidating bloke so this chap must have been quite the nancy-boy :aye:

He was like Stone Cold Steve Austin that day tbf.

:lol: Listen to Hulk Hogan.

I've met alex, he's not an intimidating bloke so this chap must have been quite the nancy-boy :aye:

I share my birthday with Hulk Hogan; however I was 2 weeks premature & it should have been with Sean Connery (date not year incidentally)

funny-sports-pictures-hogan-knows-best.gif

• 5 years later...

Spotted in Rome city centre yesterday.

Smart lasses. In Roma tops. On segways. Trying to sell tickets to today's game to tourists.

[emoji38]

HMHM would have been clotheslining them and muttering about the state of modern football.

I own a Phone and use an App

Spotted in Rome city centre yesterday.

Smart lasses. In Roma tops. On segways. Trying to sell tickets to today's game to tourists.

[emoji38]

HMHM would have been clotheslining them and muttering about the state of modern football.

I own a Phone and use an App

I've nothing against smart Italian lasses. Bring em on! :good: