NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

I'm enjoying that they're able to make the transfer window a continuation of last season's debacle. It's a reassuring centre in a tumultuous landscape. 13 managers in the Premier League have been in their posts for less than 2 years, 9 of those have been in their post for less than a year!

and yet there's Liverpool, making a hash of things, blaming others and inevitably playing the victim card again.

Caroll's not going on loan, we're selling him!

We're not selling him for that amount!

Why isn't anyone offering us loads of money for this player that we publicly offered to the world, who didn't have a good previous season?!

Newcastle are being mean and not giving us close to the massively inflate fee we paid for him!

£7m? Good, next offer should be £5m and a pack of Wine Gums.

fuck 'em :lol:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CabayeAye

They seem pretty desperate to get rid of Charlie Adam, but they payed about £6m for him and I expect they'll make a loss on that.

That's because he's a Championship standard player.

Somewhat intrigued to see what business we do in the last week of the window. Am pretty sure we'll see at least one more player in. Quietly confident we won't lose anyone too, and if we do it better be as soon as possible so we don't go into the season needing a replacement.

Really hope it's a defensive reinforcement than an offensive one. Really seeing some of the players that have gone to other clubs this Summer I have been left wondering if we were in for him and if not, why not.

Without sounding very negative I don't think anyone will come in...but I also think no one will go.

thats not negative, if anything its totally neutral

Well I wouldn't be shocked if no-one else comes in.

On the one hand our squad looks decent enough as it is, as long as we don't face an injury crisis.

On the other hand we've clearly been after a few key players in a few key positions and it'd be somewhat disappointing to have not brought them in or a plan B in if we couldn't get them (them being the likes of Debuchy).

A couple of months ago I'd have expected us to have brought in Debuchy, Douglas and Anita. Such was the strength of our links to them and the fact that it clearly wasn't just paper talk linking us to them.

Some of the "future"'players look canny and certainly good enough to offer us decent strength through cup competitions.

I think if we sign no one else and keep what we now have I'll be content but with a slight disappointment. I'd be very happy if we just signed one more player for the first team.

Pieters can play FB and CB can't he?

Would be a good option tbh.

Not sure why the club would wait till the death to announce it mind.

I think the fact he was supposedly spotted at SJP last Saturday suggests he's on his way, can't see him making it all the way out here just for his mate Tim.