NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

Douglas and Pieters would be class signings. Would rather keep Tiote too though, Gosling and Guthrie don't have anywhere near the same impact. Unless Abeid has suddenly become awesome

how much have u seen of pieters nurse-boy?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Douglas and Pieters would be class signings. Would rather keep Tiote too though, Gosling and Guthrie don't have anywhere near the same impact. Unless Abeid has suddenly become awesome

I don't know how much he's seen but I would guess Carr has seen a fair bit and if he thinks he's OK that works for me over and above what any football fans may say.

Never seen Douglas but I'm glad that we're looking to strengthen in that area. I think we need a strong, tall stopper alongside Coloccini but it's a bonus if he is good on the ball too.

With regards Tiote, none of the other CMs we have are in the same vein as him. He's a midfield destroyer - a tough tackling ball winner who shields the defence. Guthrie doesn't offer anywhere near the same defensively, he's more useful with the ball at his feet. Gosling to me seems to fancy himself as a Nolan or Lampard type who arrives late to the box and, to be fair, he's chipped in with a couple of goals in his brief time on the pitch and come close to another couple. I'm not sure what his strengths are really though. Abeid too doesn't seem to be a defensive minded player from the limited times I've seen him / what I've heard about him.

I almost feel that Tiotes departure is a case of when not if. I also feel as though we are lucky to have him and should enjoy him whiles he here. I dont and havent really felt like that about anyone else.

He is a fantastic pro and will never bad mouth us as Enrique did so when he does move on I wont begrudge him his move.

It would be great if we could get into Europe and the powers that be can persuade him that even more improvement will come next year and to give us another year.

Im not as convinced Tiote wll leave. It would have to be for a massive club and Im not sure Tiote is the sort of player these clubs need. They are principally looking for midfield domination not damage control.

Add to that a fee of 20 million pounds and I cant see it being such a nobrainer.

I don't know how much he's seen but I would guess Carr has seen a fair bit and if he thinks he's OK that works for me over and above what any football fans may say.

Why this blind devotion to Carr? We paid £3mill for Gabriel Obertit for fuck's sake.

Why this blind devotion to Carr? We paid £3mill for Gabriel Obertit for fuck's sake.

Carr has seen more football than anybody else in the world man.

:lol:

I don't for a minute think that Carr had anything to do with Obertan signing.

Obertan has still served a purpose throughout the season, you can understand why they wanted to inject some pace into the side. At his age having not played much at Manchester United it was always going to be hard to gauge how well he could play at the top level.

Regarding Tiote as other have stated he's perhaps a little one dimensionsal for some of the biggest clubs to come calling. I don't think that's a wise decision on their behalf though as sometimes players like that give true balance to a top side.

I don't for a minute think that Carr had anything to do with Obertan signing.

Obertan has still served a purpose throughout the season, you can understand why they wanted to inject some pace into the side. At his age having not played much at Manchester United it was always going to be hard to gauge how well he could play at the top level.

Regarding Tiote as other have stated he's perhaps a little one dimensionsal for some of the biggest clubs to come calling. I don't think that's a wise decision on their behalf though as sometimes players like that give true balance to a top side.

You're right about Obertan. Pace is always an asset to have in any team.

With regards to Tiote I don't really believe he would be out of place at a top top side. In fact every team needs a water carrier type player to break up play and help stop the opposition from constructing play. The best place to defend is from the middle of the pitch and Tiote is one of the best.

it was always going to be hard to gauge how well he could play at the top level.

After much deliberation and careful analysis I have reached a verdict: he's shite.

May I have access to your dissertation?

it was always going to be hard to gauge how well he could play at the top level.

After much deliberation and careful analysis I have reached a verdict: he's shite.

:thumbsup:

At least we know now.

Much of a muchness as Routledge, except 4 years younger, bigger and faster with quicker feet. Sounds ok when you read it, but it really isn't - not yet anyway. But still, there's a role for him in the team.

Edited by OTF

Because Carr scouts the continent.. Refer to your map Leazes, it's the place where you've scribbled 'here be arabs'. You sad miserable aspergers riddled old git.

Routledge has been the fulcrum at Swansea, single-handedly kept them in the league this season according to the facts.

Statistically speaking with three more appearances to his name Routledge can boast one additional assist over Obertan. Both have scored a solitary goal, Routledge has 4 assists Obertan 3.

Routledge has 2 yellow cards compared to Obertan's 0, probably because Routledge has a heart.

YANKS<----------------ENGLAND FOR THE ENGLISH--------------------------------------------------> ARABS --------------------------------------> PILAU FLIED LICE

-------------------------------------------------------------------EUROPEAN ARTY FARTY

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------THE BLACKS

TORTILLAS-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------EX-CONS

Leazes will scour that message, translate it into hebrew, asses its numerical value and declare you the key proponent of the modern day Zionist movement. One Kevin Medici-Rockefeller. For shame.