Classic Cars

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom's capri/mustang idea sounds infinitely cooler if theres anything of that nature knocking about? The old mustang is far more European looking (Old Aston Martin type), whereas the Corvette looks like it should be stuck in the ground and pointed at the moon. It's faintly ridiculous iyam.

Aye that is a helmet's car like. And it's not a classic car either. I thought you meant something like a Mustang or something muscle car-ish. That thing is awful. Age isn't relevant.

the new(er) corvettes are shit mind. Body work is all plastic and cheap. If you want a project I'd go for a proper muscle car, or even a classic Mercedes. I'm a big fan of the old two door 450SL Roadster.

American cars are shit to drive though, they are cheap enough to fettle with I guess, but they handle like boats and rattle and squeak.

If you want an investment, look to 80s german cars. Built like the proverbial vault, and engineered back when the bean counters had not yet started to interfere with costs.

Im probably buying one this summer. Already have a 190E Merc, looking to either a 190E 2.3-16 cosworth or a Bmw E28 M535/M5..

These are on the rise.

E30 M3`s are already into the stratosphere, one on ebay went for 90.000!

cost of repairs and maintenance are through the roof on old Rolls

Id go for an old british sports car of some variety if it was me. fuck knows what though

If something breaks you will have to bin it J69 :lol: Rolls and Bentley need a sovereign state budget.

What do you want though? Something that goes fast in a quick line? Handles well? Investment object? Penis enlarger ( I am suspecting the latter :lol:)

Edited by Lake Bells tits

cost of repairs and maintenance are through the roof on old Rolls

Id go for an old british sports car of some variety if it was me. fuck knows what though

There is just one problem, they are made out of plywood. Fit, finish and quality is downright laughable. Very attractive cars though, if you dont mind the running costs..

For some fun, you could do worse than an MX-5. Very chuckable cars, easy to DYI also.

For something fast, a Porsche 928S is proper fast, V8 and 300 bhp.

Cheap as chips and engine and gearbox are bulletproof. They dont rust either.

Electrics can be iffy but thats about it.

For some fun, you could do worse than an MX-5. Very chuckable cars, easy to DYI also.

For something fast, a Porsche 928S is proper fast, V8 and 300 bhp.

Cheap as chips and engine and gearbox are bulletproof. They dont rust either.

Electrics can be iffy but thats about it.

Was in a courtesy car 928 SII the other week. Such a long nose and definitely not quick but still fast - slow to rev but felt like it built speed exponentially. Overall though not fun to drive because of the size and weight of it.