Other clubs summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the model theyre pursuing is feasible at that level. When you're Man City it's alright -- you're winning trophies and progress every year.

But give it a year or two of not qualifying for Europe, and these highly paid mercenaries will want out.

Arsenal showing a distinct lack of AMBITION imo.

Wait a minute, sell your best players? Not spend all the cash you get from them? STILL qualify for the Champions League?? This doesnt make sense!!! :panic:

In fairness, Arsenal have shown a lack of ambition over the last few years. They shouldn't be satisfied with CL qualification, challenging for the title is where they should be.

In fairness, Arsenal have shown a lack of ambition over the last few years. They shouldn't be satisfied with CL qualification, challenging for the title is where they should be.

:lol: That post sums you up tbh.

I told you Hoillet was a merc, definite hint of the N'Zogbia about him.

He'll stumble around mid-table clubs and then become obscure.

Now this is AMBITION!

http://www1.skysport...e-on-Allen-deal

15 million? fuck me. That's insane.

EDIT: Just to compound that, it is the same amount of money City, Man Utd and Juve have all offered for Van Persie... I know that is an opening bid for them and it will rise by at least 5 million, but still...

Edited by ADP

Yup. And I thought that

a) Rodgers wasn't going tor raid Swansea for any of his former players

B) Liverplol were going to reign in their ridiculous spending? If they get Allen for £15m that's £26m they've spent on a player who had a semi-decent season in Italy and a player who looked pretty good (just not more than £10m good) in a mid-table team.

15 million? fuck me. That's insane.

EDIT: Just to compound that, it is the same amount of money City, Man Utd and Juve have all offered for Van Persie... I know that is an opening bid for them and it will rise by at least 5 million, but still...

Liverpool fans seem delighted with the link. They all seem to think he's an improvement on Henderson and what not.

Am I the only one thinking he looked good in a mid-table club and isn't actually that amazing a player?

Confused by the piss taking "AMBITION" posts. Hasn't van Persie said that's exactly why he is leaving?

Am I missing some level of meta humour or is this exactly the sort of thing we would have to look forward to when we qualify for champions league year on year without taking the extra step to challenge?