Other clubs summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spurs are haemorrhaging talent at the moment like

I can't understand why they're trying to offload Defoe. Adebayor looks like going in, but if Defoe left (and his movement is as good as any in English football imo) they'd need maybe three strikers?! Three. Who could they potentially get? Even if they're quality again it takes months to settle. This Levy/Redknapp fall out will take them back three years, mark my words.

Is Bale going to go though? I thought he had signed a new contract recently? (Or am i totally fabricating that?)

If I was a spurs fan, Id be seriously worried. They dont seem to be linked with anyone. AVB is too stubborn a coach imo, seems really obsessed with the starting from scratch on a tabula rasa of a squad, and completely reluctant to use the utilities at hand. It cost him the job at chelski, and I can hardly imagine it endearing him to the spurs supporters.

Who have they lost this summer?

Modric

Dawson

VDV

anyone else?

Also, when Sigurdsson signed, was it while they were managerless?

I can't understand why they're trying to offload Defoe. Adebayor looks like going in, but if Defoe left (and his movement is as good as any in English football imo) they'd need maybe three strikers?! Three. Who could they potentially get? Even if they're quality again it takes months to settle. This Levy/Redknapp fall out will take them back three years, mark my words.

agreed.

They've been linked with Leandro again.

they can have all the players they want but if AVB continues his performance from Chelsea then they'll be shit. didn't see much of the match, how did they play against your lot?

Had the better of the 1st half and Defoe and Bale had some chances, but when we switched back to a 4-3-3 with Ba and Ben Arfa wide we controlled the game. Let them have possession to a point then closed ranks and broke quickly.

Don't understand why they're shipping out players without replacing them as their 1st team isn't great. They've got a few good players, Bale, Walker... but they've got some very average players too. A high line will cause them problems if they haven't the players like Modric or VDV to unlock the packed midfield.

QPR looking to sign a 'keeper is the death knell to Rob Green's career iyam

Don't understand this transfer. He's decent, but not great, certainly not good enough for Chelsea 1st team. Wigan need him, certainly more than the money they'll get for him.

just odd