Banning vs Rules

ChezGiven

ANSWER MY QUESTION!

Seriously, were you content that Jimbo left over the squabbles about banning?

I don't know the full story there. Tell me and I'll give you an answer.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have thought people crying for bans would want a say on what should constitute a banning offence though CT.

Seems not though. Preference for complaint rather than amicable solution.

Plain-as-the-nose-on-your-face forum ruination should be a banning offence.

I don't know the full story there. Tell me and I'll give you an answer.

He wanted someone banned, as there were no rules to refer to it was a debate base on subjective opinions, when the person wasn't banned he left and didn't come back.

He wanted someone banned, as there were no rules to refer to it was a debate base on subjective opinions, when the person wasn't banned he left and didn't come back.

That's a shame. Stevie needed moderating at the time though, and he responded to it. He'll readily admit that he's a better poster because of it.

Leazes has needed moderating for years. People have tried, he doesn't respond to it. Action, not inaction is the answer.

Plain-as-the-nose-on-your-face forum ruination should be a banning offence.

Some people would say being the number 2 poster in one of the worst of the LM threads (as you are) should be a banning offence. This is where I got the "2totango" suggestion from. That's plain to some people.

Not to me like. If 2 people are having a back and forth, they're both exercising free will imo. But that's why Plain-as-the-nose-on-your-face isn't a workable rule.

Would have thought people crying for bans would want a say on what should constitute a banning offence though CT.

Seems not though. Preference for complaint rather than amicable solution.

I think they have had their say time and time again however it has fell on deaf ears. Im all for him staying and letting the old stuff go but you lot have to make sure its nipped in the bud and acted upon if / when it starts.

The 2totango proposal is ridiculous. It should be easy enough to spot who is causing the problem without referring to post counts. Would JawD have been banned for trying to inject some sense and reasoned debate into recent discussions under this rule? What if the second highest poster hasn't even entered into the discussion?

How do you not see that the problem disappears when ONE poster is absent? Do you think the same would happen if I left and he stayed?

Look you've made your minds up to do nothing. If anything you've offered the problem poster increased protection by threatening anyone that takes the piss out of his stupidity.

Let's see how that works out.

Most people would agree that it is tbf

Incorrect, if most people agreed there would have been no fallouts in the past and no current disagreements about how to manage content on the forum.

How do you not see that the problem disappears when ONE poster is absent? Do you think the same would happen if I left and he stayed?

Look you've made your minds up to do nothing. If anything you've offered the problem poster increased protection by threatening anyone that takes the piss out of his stupidity.

Let's see how that works out.

Nothing has been decided and nothing in this thread suggests anything other than people discussing and offering opinion. You're imagining a plot, I merely started a thread.

What problem are you referring to? Can you spell it out for me as I have never given banning anyone a second thought in my entire time on here, never crosses my mind. Like Parky, I skim read anyway only engaging if I see something that interests me. I only notice back and forths and assume that rationality is applied on both sides, meaning both sides engagement reflects a desire to do so.

No. I'm on my phone. I'm not gonna type out for the umpteenth time what the problem is. Please don't pretend that you need someone to walk you through it, I know that you don't, but you're taking the position that if somebody can't articulate it in a way that is completely watertight, then nothing should be done about it. That's nonsense.

Like I say, its very clear what's going to happen, despite your claims that nothing has been decided. I expect it to be as successful as it always has been.

Can I just reiterate the fact that nothing has been decided yet. Taking on new moderators has meant that we now have a wider range of views and opinions of what the solution should be. Chez started this thread as an individual poster with the right to do so and not as a representative of all the moderating team.

No. I'm on my phone. I'm not gonna type out for the umpteenth time what the problem is. Please don't pretend that you need someone to walk you through it, I know that you don't, but you're taking the position that if somebody can't articulate it in a way that is completely watertight, then nothing should be done about it. That's nonsense.

Like I say, its very clear what's going to happen, despite your claims that nothing has been decided. I expect it to be as successful as it always has been.

Get over yourself. It's definitely not about making a water tight argument, it's just saying simply the behaviour that pisses you off.

Just to be clear and to really highlight that your thinking isn't quite as watertight as you think it might be, if the situation doesn't change from what it's been like for the last 8 years, in what way would judging the introduction of new moderators against this outcome be a logical thought process?

I'd say it was as illogical as 'selling your best players never works' :lol: (maybe not)

Why do you think me and HF don't agree with banning? Lack of online experience? Can't see the consequences for the forum? Can you demonstrate an appreciation of the other side of the fence in this debate? ANSWER the QUESTIONS!

Can I just reiterate the fact that nothing has been decided yet. Taking on new moderators has meant that we now have a wider range of views and opinions of what the solution should be. Chez started this thread as an individual poster with the right to do so and not as a representative of all the moderating team.

Any resemblance of the above post to anything ever written before, alive or dead, is purely coincidental and the views expressed do not represent the views of the entire moderating team, except those members of the moderating team who have every right to hold said views and may, or may not, hold said views. Furthermore, the views expressed (or not) in this post may or may not represent the views of the actual poster, of this post, in real life, because this is an internet forum FFS.

:lol: get over myself, Mr. Toontastic 2.0.

Toontastic.2.0 Change log:

- No changes, other than more moderators, including some who don't even think enough of the place to post on here.

:razz:

Any resemblance of the above post to anything ever written before, alive or dead, is purely coincidental and the views expressed do not represent the views of the entire moderating team, except those members of the moderating team who have every right to hold said views and may, or may not, hold said views. Furthermore, the views expressed (or not) in this post may or may not represent the views of the actual poster, of this post, in real life, because this is an internet forum FFS.

No need to patronise me. There's differing opinions amongst everyone and we're trying to sort it out.

:lol: get over myself, Mr. Toontastic 2.0.

Toontastic.2.0 Change log:

- No changes, other than more moderators, including some who don't even think enough of the place to post on here.

:razz:

I don't get it.

It's a shit title, I couldn't think of one which wasn't about rules. Long day yesterday.

Changing posts is childish and a very quick way to encourage division and dissolution.

He was just taking the piss, so I am too. The first one to lose their sense of humour looks like a dick. Won't be me.

No need to patronise me. There's differing opinions amongst everyone and we're trying to sort it out.

Wasn't particularly at you tbh, your final sentence just triggered the thought.

My final underlined bit was aimed at everyone.

There's something very un-toontastic about this thread. Anyway, there's no need for bannings unless someone acts like a twat (to the extent that it pisses off at least half the board's posters) for years on end. Then maybe there should be a vote to decide.

• Tom unlocked and locked this topic