England

LeazesMag

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got back from work and managed to watch the last 14 mins. Buzzing my tits off. Listened to it on the radio at work and it sounded like we played dire first half but IMHO i always thought that this was going to be the toughest game of the group. Top of the group means i can watch the next game as I'm not in work. Happy days!

People are starting to piss me off. Before a ball was kicked we were Shit and no-one would be surprised if we didn't score a point. Now we've effectively used what little talent we have to win the group without losing a game, and people complain we're shit because we haven't won every game in style. Contrary twats.

People are starting to piss me off. Before a ball was kicked we were Shit and no-one would be surprised if we didn't score a point. Now we've effectively used what little talent we have to win the group without losing a game, and people complain we're shit because we haven't won every game in style. Contrary twats.

I missed the game and am now watching on repeat. I read the BBC and Guardian reports before and expected us to be shit, the stats after 27 minutes read that they had 7 chances and we'd had none but that didn't match to what I watched. We were in control of a match away from home and restricted them to half chances and should have scored twice. Phil McNulty had them swarming all over us, sitting watching it now without the tension of not knowing the result, those reports read like utter shit. 53 minutes now and that break from us was lush, we scored too so we are dominating this half so far. Ukraine are all long shots from outside the box and little else.

A beaming Roy Hodgson told @bbc5live that finishing as group winners has exceeded all expectations. Extra 24 hours rest too ahead of Italy@Iandennisbbc

Italy played yesterday, so they get a days more rest than we do you fuckin clueless media twats :glare:

He means if we had finished runners up we would be playing 24 earlier on the Saturday.

He means if we had finished runners up we would be playing 24 earlier on the Saturday.

Yeah, but thats irrelevant to the minutely more important issue that Italy have a days more rest over England. Not that it matters too much anyway, both teams have in excess of 10 days to prepare for the game and England dont have any real injury worries. Don't think anyone can complain about the way things have gone, the team have done the business without looking like Brazil in 1970, which nobody was expecting anyway. Italy are ok, but I think we're better and have more options up front. Theyve lost Chiellini with a thigh strain as well apparently.

As someone who had grown very tired of Team England to the point of taking virtually no interest in their results, I now find myself on board once again and really hoping we do well.

That however doesnt stop me shouting at the telly when one of them doesnt pick out the blatantly easy 90 yard cross to the runner that I can see from my sofa.

My only real problem with the way we play is that we seem to need three or four touches all the time. Whenever we one touch it we look a much better side.

There's no point being too critical as most people surely realise that this is a team that is just beginning and a long way from the finished article. I think Roy might just do quite well over the coming years as he puts together a team rather than a collection of stars.

Stevie G was very good yesterday.

Yeah, but thats irrelevant to the minutely more important issue that Italy have a days more rest over England. Not that it matters too much anyway, both teams have in excess of 10 days to prepare for the game and England dont have any real injury worries. Don't think anyone can complain about the way things have gone, the team have done the business without looking like Brazil in 1970, which nobody was expecting anyway. Italy are ok, but I think we're better and have more options up front. Theyve lost Chiellini with a thigh strain as well apparently.

10 days? You might want to check your diary.

I missed the game and am now watching on repeat. I read the BBC and Guardian reports before and expected us to be shit, the stats after 27 minutes read that they had 7 chances and we'd had none but that didn't match to what I watched. We were in control of a match away from home and restricted them to half chances and should have scored twice. Phil McNulty had them swarming all over us, sitting watching it now without the tension of not knowing the result, those reports read like utter shit. 53 minutes now and that break from us was lush, we scored too so we are dominating this half so far. Ukraine are all long shots from outside the box and little else.

We were shit!!

It's silly to claim we weren't. They looked better than we did, they played better football than we did, they had more possession than we did, they had more chances than we did. We ever looked like we could win but we did by scoring a lucky goal and them having one denied that was definitely over the line. Nevertheless I'll take the win as shitty as we were, I just hope we're not as shitty against the Wops on Sunday.

they played better football than we did,

Better? More pleasing to the eye maybe, but we won and didn't look over awed throughout.

.they had more possession than we did, they had more chances than we did.

So did Swansea and Chelsea against us.

It was a game plan and it worked. I don't understand why people are expecting England to be playing dazzling football. We haven't the players to do that.

Better? More pleasing to the eye maybe, but we won and didn't look over awed throughout.

So did Swansea and Chelsea against us.

It was a game plan and it worked. I don't understand why people are expecting England to be playing dazzling football. We haven't the players to do that.

Like someone said, when we needed some more urgencey v Sweden we knocked it up a few levels. We are sitting too deep inviting teams onto us and its fucking awful.

Hopefully next game Hodgson will drop Welbeck & Milner for Carroll and Walcott. I would even think about dropping Young for the Ox. Young and Milner have offered us very little.

Scott Parker is a joke. He is sitting so deep and isnt coming forward and its causing Gerrard to sit deep to get the ball off him., Then nobody from the forewards are dropping deeper to get the ball and start an attack. Rooney does that but hes only played one game.

We need to hit the Italians with some pace and inject some life into our team.

Yesterday, positives for me were Steven Gerrard, I thought he was class and he can be better once Parker stops standing 2ft away from him for the full duration of the match. As soon as he is out of that comfort zone the cockney cath word gets a nose bleed.

John Terry too, I thought he played well, he grafted and passed the ball very well.

Like someone said, when we needed some more urgencey v Sweden we knocked it up a few levels. We are sitting too deep inviting teams onto us and its fucking awful.

Hopefully next game Hodgson will drop Welbeck & Milner for Carroll and Walcott. I would even think about dropping Young for the Ox. Young and Milner have offered us very little.

Scott Parker is a joke. He is sitting so deep and isnt coming forward and its causing Gerrard to sit deep to get the ball off him., Then nobody from the forewards are dropping deeper to get the ball and start an attack. Rooney does that but hes only played one game.

We need to hit the Italians with some pace and inject some life into our team.

Yesterday, positives for me were Steven Gerrard, I thought he was class and he can be better once Parker stops standing 2ft away from him for the full duration of the match. As soon as he is out of that comfort zone the cockney cath word gets a nose bleed.

John Terry too, I thought he played well, he grafted and passed the ball very well.

So despite the method we used against the two strongest teams in the group working, you'd change it to a method not too dissimilar from the method that cost us two cheap goals against the weakest side?

a few wins and everything is hunky dory, perfect, and you are world beaters. Thats the average football supporter for you.

We were shit!!

It's silly to claim we weren't. They looked better than we did, they played better football than we did, they had more possession than we did, they had more chances than we did. We ever looked like we could win but we did by scoring a lucky goal and them having one denied that was definitely over the line. Nevertheless I'll take the win as shitty as we were, I just hope we're not as shitty against the Wops on Sunday.

:lol:

That Yaremlenko looked like a very handy player.

Milner has to be dropped, he's utter pap. It's unbelievable to think that he's just won the league with Citeh when he's slow as fuck and can't put in a decent cross to save his life. Have to play Walcott or Ox on the right if we're going to get any service to the strikers against Italy.

Really looking forward to our game against them, should be a really good game and it's always great to see Pirlo play.

the only down side is if we beat Italy [and Roy Keane is spot on as always in his assessment of this and Englands chances of winning the tournament] then Germany lie in wait in the Semi Final. Germany are the team to beat.

Oh well, we have only reached the semi twice and never the Final of this competition.

So despite the method we used against the two strongest teams in the group working, you'd change it to a method not too dissimilar from the method that cost us two cheap goals against the weakest side?

Walcott came on v Sweden and we looked a whole lot dangerous with some pace on the pitch.

Carroll would of scored that goal Rooney fluffed last night with his head. Welbeck was shit last night, utter shite. I forgot he was playing until someone pointed out to him at HT.

Young did help out Cole last night which was encouraging.

Walcott came on v Sweden and we looked a whole lot dangerous with some pace on the pitch.

Carroll would of scored that goal Rooney fluffed last night with his head. Welbeck was shit last night, utter shite. I forgot he was playing until someone pointed out to him at HT.

Young did help out Cole last night which was encouraging.

But Walcott came on against Ukraine and barely featured...

Carroll may not have taken up the right position?

I disagree with the Wellbeck criticism too, I thought he worked hard, stretched their play as best he could and was a useful outlet all night.

and I thought Young was fucking atrocious, often wasting good position or opportunity by trying to take on the man repeatedly, forgoing the chance to cross or set up Cole on the overlap.

you and me seemed to have watched entirely different games :lol: