England

LeazesMag

Good excuse for not having to take multiple flights to watch a game they don't like, anyway. You can guarantee they'll have gone through the "how likely are we to get through the group and end up with egg on our faces, when we go back on our principled stance" thought process.

Sort of speaking of which, i think it was Glendenning who, during the trophy presentation for the CL, mentioned someone tweeting that George Osborne "always looks like he's just pleasured himself in his butler's face." :lol:

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after the first two friendlies with hodgson, does anyone else think theyre playin like a poor newcastle without the ben arfa type player? contain, play tight, counter, push up for set pieces, lookin forward to france game though prediction would be a loss

Andy Carroll showed what he can offer to both his club and country last night, he will come good, and England are indeed playing like an English club team as I thought they would. Nothing wrong with that if it gets results, they only need a draw in the last game and they are through. Even if they don't get it, its not the first time they haven't got out of the group and Hodgsons approach has been fully justified now.

Of course, they need to qualify for the next World Cup after this, as he's in the job longer term.

It's nice to dream about playing possession football like the best foreign teams, but the simple fact is England just don't have the players to do this and we rarely have. Play to your strengths is the name of the game. Spain [obviously] and the Germans are the teams to beat. I think Shweinsteiger [sorry if the spelling is wrong] is a great player, and Gomez is like a re-incarnation of Gerd Muller in the way he comes alive in the box.

Edited by LeazesMag

spot on across the board there leazes

I think the walcott sub will do wonders for hodgson, im sure hes fully confident in himself but the players and a lot of the media will be won over by a move like that since its the most in your face example of "good management" he could possibly have pulled off

While I and others have given Hodgson credit for the substitution, it's worth pointing out that everyone around me had been shouting for it to happen for quite a while.

Good that he did it but let's not dress it up as inspired football genius.

While I and others have given Hodgson credit for the substitution, it's worth pointing out that everyone around me had been shouting for it to happen for quite a while.

Good that he did it but let's not dress it up as inspired football genius.

nah, its not football genius, in fact most substitutions aren't, they are just a change of tac, another throw of the dice, try something different and hope it works. The starting line up is the first choice strategy and selection, if something goes wrong it is absolutely right to try something different. Yesterday it worked. Good for him, and England.

The last game is a different game, England need a draw or they will be going home, it will be a surprise if the French lose, although you never know.

Andy Carroll showed what he can offer to both his club and country last night, he will come good, and England are indeed playing like an English club team as I thought they would. Nothing wrong with that if it gets results, they only need a draw in the last game and they are through. Even if they don't get it, its not the first time they haven't got out of the group and Hodgsons approach has been fully justified now.

Of course, they need to qualify for the next World Cup after this, as he's in the job longer term.

It's nice to dream about playing possession football like the best foreign teams, but the simple fact is England just don't have the players to do this and we rarely have. Play to your strengths is the name of the game. Spain [obviously] and the Germans are the teams to beat. I think Shweinsteiger [sorry if the spelling is wrong] is a great player, and Gomez is like a re-incarnation of Gerd Muller in the way he comes alive in the box.

Completely agree about Schweinsteiger, he's a class act. Makes everything look simple, he's a brilliant playmaker.

Completely agree about Schweinsteiger, he's a class act. Makes everything look simple, he's a brilliant playmaker.

he makes everything look so easy, he's powerful, tall and those 2 through balls the other night were so simple and executed so perfectly. He is one of the best players in the world for me.

he makes everything look so easy, he's powerful, tall and those 2 through balls the other night were so simple and executed so perfectly. He is one of the best players in the world for me.

He was also the player that Keegan wanted and was promised after he agreed to sell Milner. Allegedly.

Agree on all your points and think Carroll will improve for Liverpool next season. Don't think he will be as good as he was in those months for us though and he will never become 35 million good.

Agree on all your points and think Carroll will improve for Liverpool next season. Don't think he will be as good as he was in those months for us though and he will never become 35 million good.

I don't necessarily think he won't fit into Rodgers ideas, we will have to see, but if he moves on he will go somewhere else and be a success elsewhere. If I were Rodgers I would keep him, he's far better than players like powder puff Kuyt for instance, who would fit into Rodgers ideas.

. If I were Rodgers I would keep him, he's far better than players like powder puff Kuyt for instance, who would fit into Rodgers ideas.

Kuyt signed for someone else a few weeks ago...