England

LeazesMag

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Though Milner is in an entirely different mould to him.

I think Johnson is too who hasn't made it into the squad.

I agree with you on Johnson. He should have been in the squad, but I can't disagree with you more on "Walcott > Chamberlain". How exactly is Walcott better?

You can already see that Chamberlain has better vision, passing, control and final ball. He's so much more technically gifted than Walcott who has about has much technical ability as me (Not much of an insult, because i'm quite decent :P). His touch is poor, his decision making is poor, everything about him other than his pace and the occasional finish, is poor.

You can already see that Chamberlain has better vision, passing, control and final ball. He's so much more technically gifted than Walcott who has about has much technical ability as me (Not much of an insult, because i'm quite decent :P). His touch is poor, his decision making is poor, everything about him other than his pace and the occasional finish, is poor.

I disagree.

It'd be an easier comparison to make if they were deployed the same but they tend not to be.

I disagree.

It'd be an easier comparison to make if they were deployed the same but they tend not to be.

Deployed how? They both play on the wing for Arsenal. Well Chamberlain can actually play more central because of his touch, control and understanding of the game, but I don't think it's that hard of a comparison to make.

Deployed how? They both play on the wing for Arsenal. Well Chamberlain can actually play more central because of his touch, control and understanding of the game, but I don't think it's that hard of a comparison to make.

Right footed winger primarily played on the left is different to one playing on the right.

In a team like arsenal that don't want crosses coming in all that much he's able to cut inside a lot, Walcott can't do that as effectively from the right and isn't a natural winger.

I think Walcott would be just as bad playing on

Right footed winger primarily played on the left is different to one playing on the right.

I don't think Walcott would suddenly gain superior technical ability if he were moved to the left.

Edited by PutDaTeamOnMyBackDoe

I think Walcott would be just as bad playing on

I don't think Walcott would suddenly gain superior technical ability if he were moved to the left.

Nor do I, I think he'd be better able to demonstrate his right foot since he'd be coming in onto it a lot more often, which aoc benefits from being able to do.

Moving Walcott too the right is basically saying "We don't want him cutting inside and trying to actually do something technical. Let's just stick him out on the right so he can try and sprint past some people"

Ormoving him to where he actually plays.

What happened to lescott?

The reason he plays there is because he's incapable of playing anywhere else on the pitch. His only asset is his pace and it's harder to use that when you're playing on the left as a right footed player.

I know a lot of people staunchly disagree, but I really rate Defoe, always have. Don't understand why Redknapp doesn't start him all the time. He's so quick and authoritative on the ball.

Side note... Henderson getting some time :glare:

I'm liking Rooney in that CF role. If we get through to the quarter finals, we'll be playing Spain...but i'd hope Rooney would be playing further back and maybe put Welbeck in front of him reuniting their Man U partnership.

I know a lot of people staunchly disagree, but I really rate Defoe, always have. Don't understand why Redknapp doesn't start him all the time. He's so quick and authoritative on the ball.

I do actually, hes a good forward for rooney or young to play behind, clever mover, good finisher.

No more games to go!

My team for France:

Hart

Jones - Jagielka - Cahill - Cole

Gerrard - Parker

Milner - Young - Chamberlain

Welbeck

And for Ukraine:

Hart

Jones - Jagielka - Cahill - Cole

Gerrard - Parker

Chamberlain - Rooney - Young