England

LeazesMag

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I think Hodgson has got a rather thankless task and little to choose from, some of the decisions are a bit poor. Midfield in particular looks pretty grim as SLP has said, but Downing is just insane - although if he can get him to be a bit more direct feeding Carroll it might pay off...

That attitude sort of illustates why hardly anybody gives a fuck about the England team now...if the players dont care, why should the fans?....Stuart Pearce turned up for every squad he was selected in after he was replaced in the team by Graham Le Saux, played in every training game, and occupied the bench for years when he could have retired. Then he cam out of retirement twice when he was asked to, once by Hoddle and once by Keegan and got more caps in a different central defensive role. He did this because he thought he was fortunate to play football for a living and he loves the country who gave him the oppurtunity to represent them. A bit more of that attitude and we'd be a lot better off and there wouldnt be such a lethargic attitude from the fans to the England set up in general.

I'd sort of like us to win it to spite players like carrick who've spit the dummy out at not being first choice.

Every player in the squad gets a medal if it's won don't they?

Although I think Hodgson has got a rather thankless task and little to choose from, some of the decisions are a bit poor. Midfield in particular looks pretty grim as SLP has said, but Downing is just insane - although if he can get him to be a bit more direct feeding Carroll it might pay off...

Would love it if Hodgson got Downing and Carroll and Gerrard playing well together, then after lifting the trophy, turns to the camera dead on, smiles his wonky smile and says "Well, Livewpool, Fuck you and youw King", flips them the V and saunters off.

What's with everyone wanting to take Crouch? Apart from being shit and a free kick giving machine he's 31. Carroll didn't have a good season, but IMO is better, certainly at the same age he's leagues ahead.

What's with everyone wanting to take Crouch? Apart from being shit and a free kick giving machine he's 31. Carroll didn't have a good season, but IMO is better, certainly at the same age he's leagues ahead.

Think its mainly down to his record of 22 goals in 42 games or something.

Closer examination of that record shows that most of them were against, how shall we say, not the greatest of opposition ;)

Edited by Sonatine

I think the manager has made some pretty woeful selections - particularly Glen Johnson and Stewart Downing - but then again that probably would have been the case whoever took the job. We'll probably see a fairly negative don't concede mentality which will probably serve us well tbh.

Similar with 31 yo Grant Holt, seemed the same people who were saying he'd earned his place over Carroll were the ones complaining that we should be using the tournament for bringing younger players into the squad.

This whole Carroll's only had a couple of good games thing, it's not like the EURO's is a 38 game season, we don't need a consistently average to quite good striker. Carroll at his best is very effective, especially with a squad like ours which isn't going to be playing carpet football, and he only needs to turn up for a handful of games.

It seems to have been the biggest games that he's played best in this season as well. He's coming in to form at the right time and I think given the chance he'll batter a few defences this summer.

I agree with most of the squad, obviously everyone has their own little preferences here and there but I can see the logic behind all of his choices (Downing stretches that a bit... but yes even him).

I'm sure post-tournament we'll hear all about how Sturridge and Adam Johnson would have been simply too mighty for any defence to handle and them not starting cost us the tournament but there you go.

Martin Kelly has been called up for the friendly against norway

Micah Richards last reported murdering passersby in central manchester

what an absolutely stupid decision

I reckon there's some issue between Richards and Terry. Wouldn't be surprised if Richards refused to join the same squad as him.

Has that been reported before or are you making assumptions?

The first two words should give you a clue.

Tell me another reason why the rb at the Premier League champions gets left out in favour of a kid from Liverpool who has played a handful of games?

Why did Capello not pick him either then?

I've already stated on here that he should be playing.

He's also out of form now and lost his place to Zabaleta if you want to be really pedantic.