England

LeazesMag

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ImreVaradisWalkieTalkie

At least Micky Quinn was class though. If Stamp hadn't have come through at his home town club he'd never have played top flight football.

i loved micky quinn. summed up everything about 80s football i loved. mullets, muzzies, tight shorts and players that looked anything but athletes. looks at those thunder thighs man

quinnnyy.jpg

At least Micky Quinn was class though. If Stamp hadn't have come through at his home town club he'd never have played top flight football.

We've broken world transfer records, we've had genuine European stars for strikers, we've had South Americans, and I can honestly say Mick Quinn was the best finisher I've seen at Newcastle, although I think I could say Cisse in the future.

i loved micky quinn. summed up everything about 80s football i loved. mullets, muzzies, tight shorts and players that looked anything but athletes. looks at those thunder thighs man

quinnnyy.jpg

quinnnyy.jpg

He's fat, he's round, he's worth a million pound, Micky Quinn, Micky Quinn.

Mark Bright was from Oxford.......Phil Stamp is what I was called when I played Sunday mornings by a particularly cruel team mate :(

Mark Bright was from Oxford.......Phil Stamp is what I was called when I played Sunday mornings by a particularly cruel team mate :(

Nar he's a manc huckle Mark Bright.

i'll never forget his interview on metro fm after he got a hattrick in his first game. he goes "obvioulsy i was delighted to score a hattrick on me debut" pronouncing the t in debut. quality

i'll never forget his interview on metro fm after he got a hattrick in his first game. he goes "obvioulsy i was delighted to score a hattrick on me debut" pronouncing the t in debut. quality

He scored 4 though.

Great man .

"Mighty for England. Geezer for Scotland"

MQ spent a lot of his non-football time in Hanrahans on Quay apparently (mate worked behind bar back then)

he's great Micky Quinn like. Great goalscorer, loves the toon despite coming from a city with 2 other big clubs, fights our corner, top man. He came to life inside the penalty box and always hit the target or tested the goalkeeper, if he had been a yard quicker in his general movement etc, he would have played for England.

He scored 4 though.

was it, well the funny bit was him not know debut has a silent t. even as a 12 year old lad i knew he wasn't the sharpest tool in the box.

class finisher though. proper fox in the box.

was it, well the funny bit was him not know debut has a silent t. even as a 12 year old lad i knew he wasn't the sharpest tool in the box.

Are yee only 35??? Fuck me.

Loved Mick Quinn. First Number 9 hero, and you never forget your first. Still convinced I made him miss that penalty V Wolves though. Keep meaning to tweet him to apologise. In fact..

Loved Mick Quinn. First Number 9 hero, and you never forget your first. Still convinced I made him miss that penalty V Wolves though. Keep meaning to tweet him to apologise. In fact..

I can't remember his pen miss then, was that in the 1-4? I remember his miss against Bradford, the day of the McGhee wondergoal, when he put it so far over it hit the scoreboard.

I can't remember his pen miss then, was that in the 1-4? I remember his miss against Bradford, the day of the McGhee wondergoal, when he put it so far over it hit the scoreboard.

Aye, the 4-1 stuffing. Missed at the Leazes end.

Aye, the 4-1 stuffing. Missed at the Leazes end.

must admit I can't remember that either, although I might have it on video/DVD.

His book is one of the best I've read too.

well, talking about odds and betting [which we weren't] what price Spain winning the 3rd competition on the trot, or Italy ripping up the betting books again.

After the way they beat Germany, you have to take your hat off to them. Their history is littered with bouncing back after a disaster and coming up with all guns blazing, they won the World Cup under Trappatoni after a slow start, when they were not expected to, and they could win this cup now.

Some countries just have the winning approach. However hard England try, we just can't do it like Germany and Italy over a prolonged period.

I'll not be backing either side as I really can't call it. A draw is probably the most likely result imo.

And their last WC victory was under Lippi, not Trapp.

you stopped me there, because I thought you may have been right so looked it up.

http://en.wikipedia....anni_Trapattoni

Edit.

Ok. I've found it. You are right.

Edited by LeazesMag

• 3 weeks later...

via @youtube

#fcb under 11s versus #afc

Cal South State Cup Semifinal between Barcelona-USA and Arsenal FC. A clinical display of possession futbol.

2022 will be no better than 2012.

English haven't moved on from "GRAFT!"