Europa League 2012-13

OTF

Is that right? I think it will stay the same. Tottenham will enter the competition at the same point that Chelsea were scheduled to - that is directly into the Group Stage.

I think it was .com who emailed someone at the FA and apparently if Chelsea win the Champions League then there Europa League place they got through the FA cup ( Group Stage ) will drop down to the league.

Bear in mind that is what .com have said....Don't hold it against me!

Edited by 2bias

Does a Chelsea win change the coefficent?...

Their coefficient will be different to Tottenham, but generally they keep teams from the same league apart so it won't affect us. Both will have vastly superior coefficients to us.

It doesn't make sense to me that we could enter the competition above Tottenham (if Chelsea were to win Champions League).

Yep he's wrong, but it should be done that way, would certainly increase the interest in the competition as a whole if the winner got into the "big one".

I think some would see it as further belittling the competition, seeing as then the main prize would be qualification for the CL and not the title itself. No doubt it would make the clubs take it more seriously though.

• 2 months later...

Under a month till the draw now...keep looking on wiki to see who is playing who in the first couple rounds. Accourding to wiki our seeding for the play-off is yet to be confirmed..already worrying lol! Would be a massive let down to draw a dodgy team and not qualify.

Only Tottenham of those sides are head and shoulders better than we are.

Head and shoulders is quite a compliment to them. You never know; they could sink under that numpty AVB

am I the only one that doesnt think AVB is a shambles?

no

but then how you do in english football is the only thing that matters to some

am I the only one that doesnt think AVB is a shambles?

Very tough job at Chelsea working with a hostile dressing room where he didn't excel.

Hard to argue with his short record before that. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm going up to Newcastle sometime in August, and of course I want to come at a time where I can catch a match. I'm considering going up for the Tottenham game, but if theres a European game going on at some point, I'd consider to going to that instead/as well.

So sorry if this is an obvious question, but what are the potential dates for us to have a Europa league match? And the matchups are released in a month's time, correct?

http://www.uefa.com/...rmat/index.html

There you go. Every club, no matter where they finish, plays a playoff game

That's the old format from 2011/12, the cup winners from the top nations (+ Spurs who take Chelsea's spot) are now qualified directly to the group stage.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2013/competitionformat/index.html

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2013/accesslist/index.html