What do you sound like?

Christmas Tree

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sound like a male version of a doilum I know....my sister. You do as well, she speaks identically to you.

she's obviously belter if she sounds like me. maybe you can hook us up

She's too expensive for you. Mind you can't be as much of a mug as hubby can be like.

we'll all be daring each other to post pictures of our cocks next

Ok, me first.

220px-Rooster_portrait2.jpg

Edited by Christmas Tree

She's too expensive for you. Mind you can't be as much of a mug as hubby can be like.

too expensive for me? have you not heard how posh i am? i take lunch at the sloaney pony and tea at the ritz every day

Ok, me first.

220px-Rooster_portrait2.jpg

i always knew you were a massive cock.

To be fair, Gateshead is Durham as far as I'm concerned as is South Shields, Washington and Sunderland. Tyne and Wear should never have been created, we are historically Northumberland, and one of my proudest possessions is my Northumberland County Cup Winners medal. You can't get higher than that as a kid.

Fish..... Australian?

Told you my accent was all over the shop.

Mind, I've never been called Australian before. By the way I've no doubt that people will come on here and say I don't sound like that, but my accent changes depending on who I'm with.

Am I the only one who detects something amiss here? That is clearly not the Fish. Admins, his account has been burlglarised.

I'm not doing another one, and I'm not now posting a pic of me holding a sign saying I'm not Paul Wyn, either.

Do many Londoners think you're a Geordie before you tell them fish? People are often surprised when I tell them. But then my voice can sound even more southern depending on the circumstances. I'm not particularly proud of losing my accent but it wasn't a conscious decision to change it. It just seems to change depending on the company I'm keeping. I definitely have a work voice, and a voice for London mates that's totally different to the Geordie twang that comes on strong when back up home on the beers with old mates.

Do many Londoners think you're a Geordie before you tell them fish? People are often surprised when I tell them. But then my voice can sound even more southern depending on the circumstances. I'm not particularly proud of losing my accent but it wasn't a conscious decision to change it. It just seems to change depending on the company I'm keeping. I definitely have a work voice, and a voice for London mates that's totally different to the Geordie twang that comes on strong when back up home on the beers with old mates.

I've an accent for:

• when I'm presenting to senior management
  • when I'm speaking to 3rd parties or the coppers themselves
  • when I'm speaking to people in the office in a casual way
  • when I'm with mates from Uni or when I'm with mates from home who live in London
  • when I'm with mates from home who live in Newcastle
  • when I'm on the pull (dubbed "Bravado Dave" by mates)

None of them are conscious decisions, but I know I've got them. Like you, I'm not happy nor proud to have lost most of my accent, it's just happened over time and by being saturated in other people's accents. My Mam and Dad haven't got strong accents, but she's from London and he's from Glasgow so I don't even have a Geordie home-accent either. My sisters just sound like the Cookie Monster on loop.

Edited by The Fish