What do you sound like?

Christmas Tree

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Is there a way of deein these of your mobile? Everyone should try and do their best accent which isn't their natural one. I can do Glasgow at least I think I can.

• 1 year later...

Come on then a bit of summertime fun. The following website lets you record your voice and copy and paste the link all in about 20 seconds.

See if anyone's brave enough to do it and then see if they sound like you imagine. :lol:

http://vocaroo.com/

Come on, someone be brave and go first :lol:

Any of our newbies want to give it a go? :)

• 2 years later...

I listened to 'Newcastle Natter' briefly the other day. Jesus Fish, it's like listening to the top gear mob talk football!

Yeah, not a lot of Geordie accents going on I'm afraid.

Fergus Craig lived in Newcastle until he was 12/13 then moved South. (His Mam and Dad genuinely joined a cult)

My accent has never been strong and has only weakened over time.

Paul Doolan grew up in East Anglia (or Lincoln I think?) but has actual proper blood ties to the club; His ancestor scored the club's first league goal.

Charlie Hunter is American gobshite. I've no idea why he supports Newcastle.

At least when Luke Benson is on the podcast he's got a proper Geordie accent.

I listened to 'Newcastle Natter' briefly the other day. Jesus Fish, it's like listening to the top gear mob talk football!

:lol:

If anyone's got ideas on how to improve it, I'm happy to hear them, honestly. End of the day it's 3 London based Newcastle fans who do it for nothing. We're all pretty busy so we've never really sat down and made a plan, or really considered the show's structure.

I appreciate this will open the door to a daunting amount of abuse and ridicule, but I'm hoping for maybe one nugget of gold in amongst the gargantuan torrent of bullshit.

Jesus how posh are you fish :lol:

By "Posh" do you mean "doesn't have a Geordie accent anymore"?

I wouldn't say I was posh, and neither would my footmen.

By "Posh" do you mean "doesn't have a Geordie accent anymore"?

I wouldn't say I was posh, and neither would my footmen.

Boris and Dave posh!

I've heard lots of exiled Geordies who have lost most of their accent but I'm guessing you probably didn't have an accent before you were exiled. ;)

My accent has never been strong and has only weakened over time.

Boris and Dave posh!

I've heard lots of exiled Geordies who have lost most of their accent but I'm guessing you probably didn't have an accent before you were exiled. ;)

Allow me to save you he effort of scrolling up the page, you must be knackered after all the dog driving.

Boris and Dave posh!

Not really, Mam is from South East London and speaks Queen's English, Dad's from Glasgow but has lived away from there for 60 odd years. Never call her Mam to her face either, it's always Mum. :lol:

Seaton Sluice isn't exactly Wallsend either.

I get a bit of an accent when I come back up and spend time with my mates, but it's never what you'd call broad. It also comes back when I'm in Yorkshire :dunno: