What do you sound like?

Christmas Tree

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Geordie accent is only marginally more convincing than Bravado Dave's. Only comes out when drunk, with Geordie mates or, weirdly, when playing footie - much to the surprise of the the lads from work I play five a side with.

I sound like an educated 100% Geordie, but working in Sunderland/London and now living in South Shields had tiny little influences on my accent. All I ever hear in the pub or anywhere down here, is daint this daint that, it's fuckin divvint! It always will be but a daint came out of my chubby lips the other day :(

I sound like Quentin Crisp.

You make Quentin Crisp sound like Tommy fuckin Vance :razz:

I sound like Miss Jean Brodie whilst she's getting rattled by the caretaker in the boiler room :good:

Edited by PaddockLad

You make Quentin Crisp sound like Tommy fuckin Vance :razz:

I sound like Miss Jean Brodie whilst she's getting rattled by the caretaker in the boiler room :good:

Yours is pretty weird. In a good way, like. You must get taken for a Scot down there.

Yours is pretty weird. In a good way, like. You must get taken for a Scot down there.

Am in NZ at the moment and these fuckers aren't sure if English is even my first language :lol: which is a bit rich from a nation who pronounce fish and chips as fush and chups... Isn't there a kiwi or two on here? Fuckin sort it out lads, it's abysmal :glare:

Am in NZ at the moment and these fuckers aren't sure if English is even my first language :lol: which is a bit rich from a nation who pronounce fish and chips as fush and chups... Isn't there a kiwi or two on here? Fuckin sort it out lads, it's abysmal :glare:

:lol: I live in NZ but Im English. I like the Kiwi accent, where else in the world is eggs pronounced eegs?

:lol: I live in NZ but Im English. I like the Kiwi accent, where else in the world is eggs pronounced eegs?

Sometimes it takes me a few seconds to tune into them...stayed with an old mate of mine in Mangonui who left the UK with his wife but is now living with a Maori girl....she couldn't understand a word I said and then taped me talking so her kids could hear someone apparently worse at speaking English than they are :lol:

Where are you mate? If it's anywhere on the North island there's a fair chance I've been there in the last month...sail for Picton on Friday

Edited by PaddockLad

I sound like an educated 100% Geordie, but working in Sunderland/London and now living in South Shields had tiny little influences on my accent. All I ever hear in the pub or anywhere down here, is daint this daint that, it's fuckin divvint! It always will be but a daint came out of my chubby lips the other day :(

:lol:

Daint worry Marra.

Ha way the lads fans.

As a fellow podcaster Fish I will listen in and secretly analyse your audio quality/mic technique/editing.

It's only mic technique I've any say over. The tech stuff is done by the company.

Oh and there's no editing :lol:

Sometimes it takes me a few seconds to tune into them...stayed with an old mate of mine in Mangonui who left the UK with his wife but is now living with a Maori girl....she couldn't understand a word I said and then taped me talking so her kids could hear someone apparently worse at speaking English than they are :lol:

Where are you mate? If it's anywhere on the North island there's a fair chance I've been there in the last month...sail for Picton on Friday

Im in Auckland, the place they love to hate in South Island. No doubt you've heard they call us JAFAs? (Just Another Fucking Aucklander) :D

You must be heading for Nelson, I assume? Or maybe the Abel Tasman park? Theres some great vineyards South of there in the Marlborough area where a lot of our good white wine comes from.....

Stevie.....massive dainty lads fan.

I've just had a 'road to Damascus" moment- Phtevie wins the award for the Longest Mackem-in-Disguise on a Rival Message Board.

Obsessed with Newcastle-check

1970s approach to 'non- english" folk-check

Rainman-like interest in people's place of birth, down to the nearest yard- check

The game's up Phtevie mate, you've had a good run since 2007, but we've finally sussed you.

;)

It's only mic technique I've any say over. The tech stuff is done by the company.

Oh and there's no editing :lol:

I listened to a little bit today and found the sound quality to be pretty good. Both of you are well spoken.

I listened to a little bit today and found the sound quality to be pretty good. Both of you are well spoken.

what's your podcast about?