Smith has left the building!

Christmas Tree

I'm sure I remember Smith hitting the bar with an absolute screamer in one game. Apart form that yeah, he contributed virtually nothing, other than 3 months kicking everything that moved alongside but in the Championship.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith's career was built on a good 6 month spell for Leeds in the champions league. He's done fuck all to speak of since then. Unlucky with his injury whilst at manu, but what had he actually done before then? Poor finisher for a centre forward and incapable of passing it more than ten yards as a midfielder. Don't know how he can look himself in the mirror.

You missed out a key part of his appeal, which was that he was an ENGLISH HARD-MAN, willing to GIVE 110% in the name of glory; football was more than kicking a ball around to Alan Smith: this was LIFE AND DEATH stuff. The English football man goes weak at the knees when they witness a player who dishes out bone-crunching tackles, running around bashing and crippling the opposition. Thus Smith's value was inflated by approximately 5999999%

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

You missed out a key part of his appeal, which was that he was an ENGLISH HARD-MAN, willing to GIVE 110% in the name of glory; football was more than kicking a ball around to Alan Smith: this was LIFE AND DEATH stuff. The English football man goes weak at the knees when they witness a player who dishes out bone-crunching tackles, running around bashing and crippling the opposition. Thus Smith's value was inflated by approximately 5999999%

No such thing as 110% ! You can only give 100%

Never understood that stupid fucking football cliché.

And Smith was a headless chicken, fair enough he gave 100% but it often cost him a booking or sending off, and a booked player

who gave 100% could never give 100% after he was booked or sent off.

He was a waste of money.

When you give 100%, but then you give that extra 10% that people like Alan Smith are willing to give, then you are giving 110%. It's like 100%, but with extra effort on top of the original 100%.

How the fuck can you give more than 100% ?

If you give that bit extra then you weren't giving 100% in the first place !

110%, load of bollocks !

How the fuck can you give more than 100% ?

If you give that bit extra then you weren't giving 100% in the first place !

110%, load of bollocks !

It's a bit like giving -10% no effort. If you give 100% no effort, then you won't move at all--you will remain completely stationary. If you give 0% no effort, then it is essentially the same as giving 100% effort. But, if you go that one step further, and give -10% no effort, then you are giving even more than 0% no effort. I know it's hard to understand this advanced maths, but it is possible--look at the Chinese, they're doing this stuff in high-school.

It's a bit like giving -10% no effort. If you give 100% no effort, then you won't move at all--you will remain completely stationary. If you give 0% no effort, then it is essentially the same as giving 100% effort. But, if you go that one step further, and give -10% no effort, then you are giving even more than 0% no effort. I know it's hard to understand this advanced maths, but it is possible--look at the Chinese, they're doing this stuff in high-school.

That was a 110% brilliant reply.

0.jpg

To give 100% you'd have to give EVERYTHING YOU HAVE. Spit, vomit, faeces.....you'd have to be coughing up blood. You'd have to be left a husk of a man curled up on the pitch, shivering, drooling, unable to move a limb, at deaths door.

If anyone at the club plays like they're in that condition, its Alan Smith.

Probably best to give about 25%, conserve some energy for the next time you get the ball.

Ben Arfa gives 7%.

To give 100% you'd have to give EVERYTHING YOU HAVE. Spit, vomit, faeces.....you'd have to be coughing up blood. You'd have to be left a husk of a man curled up on the pitch, shivering, drooling, unable to move a limb, at deaths door.

If anyone at the club plays like they're in that condition, its Alan Smith.

Probably best to give about 25%, conserve some energy for the next time you get the ball.

Ben Arfa gives 7%.

I'd rather have Ben Arfa at 7% than Smith at 2,534,363,737 Fucking %

You'd have to be left a husk of a man curled up on the pitch, shivering, drooling, unable to move a limb, at deaths door.

Ketamine - Giving 100% effort 100% of the time.

You can't get 2,534,363,737%--always hated that football cliché

Good come back, although it does prove my point about the 110% bollocks.

I knew you'd fall for it.