Is Tony Blair a war criminal?

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://www.guardian....leveson-inquiry

It seems Tony Blair struggles to go anywhere in Britain without being subject to cries of, "war criminal!" from angry white middle-class people.

What I want to know is, do YOU believe that Tony Blair is a war criminal, and if so, can you please give an example of a war crime that he is directly responsible for?

Edited by Tom

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not convinced the wars were legal so from that pov it could be said he could face charges on that basis but as I've said before, the lefty shite about him killing a million people is bollocks.

He might be a tory cunt but he's no Mladic.

The Nuremberg Tribunal defined Crimes against Peace, in Principle VI, specifically Principle VI(a), submitted to the United Nations General Assembly, as:

(i) Planning, preparation, initiation or waging of a war of aggression or a war in violation of international treaties, agreements or assurances;

(ii) Participation in a common plan or conspiracy for the accomplishment of any of the acts mentioned under (i).

According to an independent commission of inquiry set up by the government of the Netherlands, UN resolution 1441 "cannot reasonably be interpreted as authorising individual member states to use military force to compel Iraq to comply with the Security Council's resolutions."

He sent troops to Sierra Leone and troops + bombers to Kosovo and you dont hear a lot of complaints about those. I dont think the findings of the Macpherson report will either clear or condemn him either, it will be a textbook fudge iyam.

Ok, so far:

NJS - No

PL - No

HF - Yes, the entire war is a crime

CT - I don't read

I never said yes.

That would be for a court to decide based upon evidence which I've not been privy to.

well, the argument for going to going to war in iraq was based on a lie. and the kofi annan at the time said it was illegal. it defied the global consensus - there was so reason to go to war but they did it anyway.

i suspect blair knew that all along. he bangs on about doing the right thing but i'm convinced it was more about being bush's bitch in order to preserve the "special relationship".

I don't really know enough to have a major opinion on it but this is my rough feeling:

Was the war legal? No

If you do something illegal and it is proved you did it then are you a criminal? Yes

So I guess until it's proved that he did go to war illegally by a court of law then he's not a war criminal, even if most people believe he did do so.

Probably a terrible attitude to have but I pretty much couldn't care less about most things like this anymore. If he is, I'll greet the papers with an 'Oh dear', if he isn't I'll greet the paper with an 'Oh'. Then turn to the back and read the transfer rumours and get on with my life.

May be having a mid-life crisis.

Blair is an ex student namby pamby leftie softie who saw the light when he grew up, and his wife is an ugly do gooder, but i agree whether that makes him a war criminal or not is something I just don't care about either way, anything that attempts to show we aren't a pushover for terrorists and are prepared to stand up to the real scumbags of the world is OK by me.

The real issue I have with Blair and his ugly wife is opening the immigration door as wide as they did to any old fucker who wanted to come into the country and sponge, including telling me I have to accept people attempting to impose their beliefs onto me and calling me a racist for objecting to it.

Edited by LeazesMag

Despite HF's definition, I think theres a different between starting a possibly illegal war and being guilty of genocide which I think is a clearer definition of "war criminal" - possibly semantics - but like I said it's not as if Blair has his own Srebinica.

Despite HF's definition, I think theres a different between starting a possibly illegal war and being guilty of genocide which I think is a clearer definition of "war criminal" - possibly semantics - but like I said it's not as if Blair has his own Srebinica.

A dossier released by Iraq Body Count, a project of the UK non-governmental non-violent and disarmament organization Oxford Research Group, attributed approximately 6,616 civilian deaths to the actions of US-led forces during the "invasion phase", including the shock-and-awe bombing campaign on Baghdad

As of June 2011, 6594 genocide victims have been identified through DNA analysis of body parts recovered from mass grave in Srebrenica.

Exodus 32:28: The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died.

9/11, 2001: about 3000 people died. It was the namby-pamby ex-student al qaeda benefit dodging bastards in the planes that did it.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Exodus 32:28: The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died.

9/11, 2001: about 3000 people died. It was the namby-pamby ex-student al qaeda benefit dodging bastards in the planes that did it.

Are you saying 9/11 is as put up as the bible?

Parkyesque.