Gazza Umbro Advert

wykikitoon

Joe Hart I can think of who has that passion. Rooney to some extent, cant think of any more of the current squad.

Difference being, I'm sure there's not one person who can even imagine Gazza ever coming out with something like that disgraceful "nice to see you home fans booing you" comment, no matter how badly either he personally or the team had played, or how much grief the crowd had given them. Rooney got arrogant and arsey because deep down, that's probably the kind of asshole he actually is in real life, the product of a generation who, unlike gazza, expect to be lauded and monied to the eyeballs simply for being good at kicking a ball. In the unlikely event that Gazza was part of a team that even warranted booing, I'm sure he wouldn't have been anything other than totally embarrassed for letting the country and the fans down, and the only thing he'd have to say on it would be that he was busting a gut to go do better next time. Because unlike Rooney, that's ultimately the kind of guy he was. As this advert shows only too well. Gazza was if anything a victim of the celebrity/money culture that engulfed football beginning with the likes of George Best ironically enough, whereas Rooney is 100% a product of it. A truly unlikeable cunt, even when he's playing well. As for Hart, he seems like a nice guy, but way way too serious in interviews, and not like that at all in private apparently. Lighten up you action man looking fucker.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Difference being, I'm sure there's not one person who can even imagine Gazza ever coming out with something like that disgraceful "nice to see you home fans booing you" comment, no matter how badly either he personally or the team had played, or how much grief the crowd had given them. Rooney got arrogant and arsey because deep down, that's probably the kind of asshole he actually is in real life, the product of a generation who, unlike gazza, expect to be lauded and monied to the eyeballs simply for being good at kicking a ball. In the unlikely event that Gazza was part of a team that even warranted booing, I'm sure he wouldn't have been anything other than totally embarrassed for letting the country and the fans down, and the only thing he'd have to say on it would be that he was busting a gut to go do better next time. Because unlike Rooney, that's ultimately the kind of guy he was. As this advert shows only too well. Gazza was if anything a victim of the celebrity/money culture that engulfed football beginning with the likes of George Best ironically enough, whereas Rooney is 100% a product of it. A truly unlikeable cunt, even when he's playing well. As for Hart, he seems like a nice guy, but way way too serious in interviews, and not like that at all in private apparently. Lighten up you action man looking fucker.

Learn to use paragraphs kid ;)

I agree that I dont think Gazza would say something like what Kebab head said in South Africa (I think thats when he said it).

I dont think Gazza was a victim of the celebrity / money culture. I dont think it helped him with having money and having a lot of hangers on, but I do beleive Gazza does have bipolar disorder from reading his books and listening to the interviews from his ex England team mates.

At the end of the day, you may say Rooney is a cunt and Gazza not, but did Rooney hit them grannies in the face with an iron when he was finished with them? No, by all accounts he was the perfect gentleman and gave them a little pat and a blow on the fanny to cool down after a strenuous 3 minutes of passion. Doreen Flappercunt (83 this year) said as much in an interview with the sun.

Learn to use paragraphs kid ;)

I agree that I dont think Gazza would say something like what Kebab head said in South Africa (I think thats when he said it).

I dont think Gazza was a victim of the celebrity / money culture. I dont think it helped him with having money and having a lot of hangers on, but I do beleive Gazza does have bipolar disorder from reading his books and listening to the interviews from his ex England team mates.

You don't get bi polar. It's either in you or it isn't. He's a plonky who gets depressed like most plonkys after a skinfull

At the end of the day, you may say Rooney is a cunt and Gazza not, but did Rooney hit them grannies in the face with an iron when he was finished with them? No, by all accounts he was the perfect gentleman and gave them a little pat and a blow on the fanny to cool down after a strenuous 3 minutes of passion. Doreen Flappercunt (83 this year) said as much in an interview with the sun.

:lol:

Gazza was a victim of the celeb culture in as much as he was given a shitload of money and attention, and was expected to just handle it using what little intelligence and common sense he was born with. He basically says this in his books, his back room team consisted of Jimmy 5 bellies. He gfot plenty of decent advice from the likes of Sir Bobby, but that's no replacement for having someone there permanently. It's no surprise he made a load of poor life/career/media decisions, and ended up broke. All he wanted to do was play, and have a laugh. Combined with a pretty obvious personality/addictive disorder, he was doomed, you just can't do that in the celeb era. It would be interesting to see how he would have coped had he broken through nowadays, when footballers are given far more help in terms of PR and other advice, especially regarding addictions (and yet most are still cunts, like Rooney).

Gazza was a victim of the celeb culture in as much as he was given a shitload of money and attention, and was expected to just handle it using what little intelligence and common sense he was born with. He basically says this in his books, his back room team consisted of Jimmy 5 bellies. He gfot plenty of decent advice from the likes of Sir Bobby, but that's no replacement for having someone there permanently. It's no surprise he made a load of poor life/career/media decisions, and ended up broke. All he wanted to do was play, and have a laugh. Combined with a pretty obvious personality/addictive disorder, he was doomed, you just can't do that in the celeb era. It would be interesting to see how he would have coped had he broken through nowadays, when footballers are given far more help in terms of PR and other advice, especially regarding addictions (and yet most are still cunts, like Rooney).

Good post.

He speaks like he's twice the age. :(

he does. I can still remember the 18 year old who beat Watford single handed in the FA Youth cup Final then only a short time later led NUFC to a win over Liverpool in the first division and was the best player on the pitch by a mile.

So sad to see him looking every inch like someone in their 70's or 80's.

look i know alot probably dont like him because of his problems but you have to respect him when he played for england he had passion he loved it thease players we have now dont give a rats arse because they dont care theres no passion or determination to win as long as they get the big fat checks thats all they care about.

never watched the advert all the way through before as I find it heart breaking to see the state he's now in, however just have done now, whoever said about the passion he shows playing for his country is right, we don't seem to have that in the national side currently atm, i reckon every person in this thread would show more passion if given the chance

Just when you think you've seen or heard all the class Gazza moments you find another one. I saw a bit of the interview he did on Wogan just after Italia 90 where Wogan asks him how he felt about the tabloids splashing his various lady conquests on their front pages.

'I'm not a puff' replies Gazza

I heard John Anderson tell a tale of the NUFC players being treated to a plane ride to a Southern game and whilst at Newcastle Airport Jimmy White walked past a young Gazza, Roeder and himself. Gazza nudged the pair of them excitedly and said, "Look! There's Jimmy White!". He then shouted at the snooker player. "Jimmy! Hoo! Jimmy White, man!". As White turned around Gazza then bent over to take an imaginary shot with an imaginary cue and smiled at White while shouting "Onnne ahundreeeed and eiiighhtyy!!!"