Family day out ideas for school holidays

Howmanheyman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And again........

My usual yearly reminder that a week on Sunday (Fathers Day) is the North Yorkshire show.

http://www.northyorkshireshow.co.uk

Prices: Ad £8 Ch £6

This is a great day out with loads of animals, cake tent, beer tent, vintage car show, small funfair, motorcycle display team, steam engines, food tents etc etc [emoji4]

Final reminder

:lol: I've had the same problem. The bairn is going there for his school trip and keeps asking me "What's it called again?" I keep saying "Eeeeshot hewwwwww" like some kind of deranged mackem.

Which I'm not, before anyone fucking starts <_<

:lol: I've had the same problem. The bairn is going there for his school trip and keeps asking me "What's it called again?" I keep saying "Eeeeshot hewwwwww" like some kind of deranged mackem.

Which I'm not, before anyone fucking starts <_<

:lol:

It's in Northumberland , so it's pronounced "Hewph".

Probably.

• 1 month later...

I think this probably belongs here rather than in the Holidays thread, so:

As part of this, I'm going to focus on the Northumberland coast and Newcastle itself during our limited time in the north-east, but we should have time to stop off and do something along Hadrian's Wall on the drive down/across from Arran. What's best for a couple of hours to give a visitor the general impression? Housesteads springs to mind, but it's been years - let's be honest, decades :lol: - since I've done any of it, so I don't really know my Vindolanda from my elbow.

Don't post pictures of small children on here. CT saves them down to his hard drive and draws on them.

It's only really you and lil' Shane. Obviously CT has a thing for children who look like they're suffering from potato famine levels of malnutrition.