North East Dialects Survey

cc15

Theres a poster on here called McFaul mate, youve got to speak to him, he's an acknowledged expert on the dialects of the North East. That the acknowledgement comes from himself alone is irrelevent, I think you'll find ;)

Pointless me doing your survey, but I was brought up 4 miles into Scotland and so its a bit different, but thats only by accent, despite what another poster called JawD would have you think :)

good luck with your dissertation, am sure it will be very interesting. You could post it on here afer youve written it?...

:lol: I said I was wrong, let it lie man ;)

Had a go at the survey. As someone who uses "canny" regularly in various scenarios I think I qualify. It bugged up on mobile so I'll do at desktop later.

Done. Canny bit to go through and oddly its a word I struggle to explain to people. Its just fits naturally a bit like "aye" and "like" which I use for no real reason.

I started doing the survey but got sick of fucking seeing the fucking word "canny" for fuck sake !

Wasted 5 mins of my canny shit fucking sunday !

So stick it up your fucking arse, and canny far up as well !

Edited by NYD