Moon Landings

Christmas Tree

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You tell me why, then I'll correct you.

The water is working against the hose because it's hitting the pressure of the atmosphere, propelling it backwards. The only way to stop that, is to have something or a larger force acting against it, which would be the fireman.

If that's the case, then putting a hose into water would make it stop.

Which doesn't happen.

Can you see where you're going wrong yet?

The hose is working under pressure due to a pump, so putting it under water will not make it stop, unless it was under sufficient weight of water that nullifies the strength of that pump/pressure.

Aye, the pump provides the pressure which makes the water seek an escape.

Not the atmosphere/medium it escapes into.

The act of escaping that pressure exerts a force on the hose , which wants to move ,but doesn't move because Sam is holding it.

Do you agree?

Aye, the pump provides the pressure which makes the water seek an escape.

Not the atmosphere/medium it escapes into.

The act of escaping that pressure exerts a force on the hose , which wants to move ,but doesn't move because Sam is holding it.

Do you agree?

I agree up to the water escaping the hose. Once that nozzle is open, the water then hits the atmosphere at force.

This is where scientists are clever at fucking with people's minds to have them believe something that just isn't true. I'd never call anyone stupid for believing it because most don't question it, or even know how stuff works anyway.

Take the same hose but under a quarter of the pressure. The fireman (Sam) , opens the nozzle and sees the water come out and hit the deck, basically like us having a piss.

It doesn't push him back or push on the hose much because it's hitting the atmosphere slowly and falling to the deck with gravity force. Turn up the pressure and it now defies gravity by that force and the water fights its way through the air, pushing the air out of the way but in doing so, it's compressing the air directly in front of the water jet which in turn is pushing back on it.

Think of it like a bike pump.

If you push down on a bike pump in the air, it's easy to do because you are pushing air into air. If you try and do it fast, you find that you compress the air far more than can be ejected from the small hole, meaning it creates resistance against your hand, acting like a shock absorber if you like.

If I was to put my finger over the hole and you pressed down on the pump, it would want to spring back up against you because your strength cannot compress the air any more.

If you were to do this in a vacuum, it wouldn't matter if I had my finger on the end or not because you could push that handle right down as it has no air to compress.

Equally in the vacuum, if you pressed down fast on that handle, it would go down very fast and create nothing because there is no pressure to create.

If you were to fill that same pump with air, then slam down the handle expelling the air into a vacuum, the vacuum would create no resistance to it, nor would it compress, because there's nothing to compress , all that would happen is, the vacuum would swallow up IMMEDIATELY and air inside the pump.

If your man in space with the medicine ball had a an elephant ( or something much heavier then him) instead and he tried to throw it. Using as much force as he could muster. Would he move or would the elephant move?

If your man in space with the medicine ball had a an elephant ( or something much heavier then him) instead and he tried to throw it. Using as much force as he could muster. Would he move or would the elephant move?

The Elephant would move simply by the spring of his arms.

Now if the medicine ball or elephant was caught by a second person in space what would happen to ball/elephant and the other man?

Also how would a newtons cradle operate in a vacuum. When your raise and release the first ball what would happen. Would it hit the others and work the same as in air or would something else happen?

Now if the medicine ball or elephant was caught by a second person in space what would happen to ball/elephant and the other man?

Also how would a newtons cradle operate in a vacuum. When your raise and release the first ball what would happen. Would it hit the others and work the same as in air or would something else happen?

In answer to your first question, the person who caught the ball/Elephant would be carried along with it.

Your second question ,' Newtons cradle' in the vacuum of space, assuming space is as we are told and assuming you are releasing one of the balls to crash into the rest assume it would hit them , pushing them all forward and all the wires would end up tangled to hell until they could tangle no more, stopping the force applied.

A few pages ago Wolfy, you stated that nothing can get through the Earth's atmosphere.

You stated that anything trying to get in disintegrates. Trying to get in? Get in from where? Space? But I thought Space was a vacuum! Surely nothing can move in a vacuum.

Renton, wolfy's only said he's a scientist in his 'oh yes, let's just say that's what i am' aloof way - the aloofness he employs when someone shits all over his insane ramblings before he has to go off and take a few days to kid himself all over again. He's not a scientist as no-one would employ someone who can't understand GCSE science. I mean basic forces ffs - i learned and understood that when I was what, 14? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, wolfy, I asked you many pages ago - you can't see your car converting petrol into energy, which you were fine with. However because Rikko hasn't seen nuclear fission with his own eyes, you still can't accept his 100% factual evidence as true. Fantastic stuff.

A few pages ago Wolfy, you stated that nothing can get through the Earth's atmosphere.

You stated that anything trying to get in disintegrates. Trying to get in? Get in from where? Space? But I thought Space was a vacuum! Surely nothing can move in a vacuum.

Renton, wolfy's only said he's a scientist in his 'oh yes, let's just say that's what i am' aloof way - the aloofness he employs when someone shits all over his insane ramblings before he has to go off and take a few days to kid himself all over again. He's not a scientist as no-one would employ someone who can't understand GCSE science. I mean basic forces ffs - i learned and understood that when I was what, 14? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, wolfy, I asked you many pages ago - you can't see your car converting petrol into energy, which you were fine with. However because Rikko hasn't seen nuclear fission with his own eyes, you still can't accept his 100% factual evidence as true. Fantastic stuff.

First of all, I never said nothing moves in the vacuum of space. If you believe I did, bring it up and quote it.

Nobody has shit all over anything I've said. They might have hoyed a few jokes in and many expletives and a few daft pictures of people looking amazed but they certainly haven't proved anything, other than , " they know it" basically the same stuff they say I do.

As for a car and petrol, I have SEEN what it does and how it does it, so that's a bit different to metal fissioning inside a sealed unit isn't.

Rikko hasn't seen fissioning, he's going on the theory and also what he's told.

Oh and as far as your GCSE science is concerned, as a kid and adult, you can be spun anything about the physics/science behind whatever those at the top tell you and you're none the wiser and will go along with it. It doesn't make what you've been taught, right.

I don' t honestly know what's outside this atmosphere and neither does anyone else. You can believe you do , because you are told, but that's all you are hanging on to, as their maths are shoehorned to fit what they say.

As far as what people believe I am, is of no consequence to me, anyone can choose whatever they feel suits...it has no bearing on what actually is.

You should separate yourself from other conspiracy theorists post haste.

People on here are honestly trying to help you. People on there will feed your delusions and paranoia. You've said you're not on drugs and have never used drugs, well I have news for you, the forums and discussion boards that you frequent are your mind altering substance.

Edited by OTF