Souness interview just on skysports

LeazesMag

I think even Isegrim said that the Radio one was impressive in that he spoke sense and sounded confident in himself to do the job.

74827[/snapback]

To be fair I already distanced myself from these comments. I know it's hard to believe, but even I talk bollocks some times... :lol:

74832[/snapback]

You "right" bastards are on your high horses enough without distancing yourselves from occasional slips ;);)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It's not helpful. It's not helpful when local newspapers give my players two out of ten and come out with nonsense like they should never wear the black and white shirt again. They're critical of the players themselves and that hurts them. It's critical of the football club, the chairman who backed whatever player was brought in for x amount and it puts enormous pressure on the players.

"Players are always the most important people at a football club and they continually get caned, in my opinion, most unfairly.

"The person who has written that (about Carr) has got another agenda. He wants to make as much mischief for me as possible. I accept that and bring it on.

"If that individual thinks the relationship I have with him, being asked to do it every day, to help him do his job, is so, when it suits him, he can stick it so far up my backside it comes out of the top of my head.

My principle is that you help me, I help you. If you don't help me, why should I help you?

"That story was so far off the mark but it led to great mischief for me. Stephen Carr and I haven't had a bust-up. We've spoken but a bust-up suggests we were about to fight with each other and that has never happened."

"I can assure the fans that, when a game starts, I am for that 90 minutes, the biggest fan Newcastle has. I feel tremendous responsibility and have always tried to do whatever job to the best of my abilities. It's how I approach this one. I am the man in possession of this seat right now and I will give everything I've got to be successful. We'll leave no stone unturned to try and bring success to this club.

"The chants aren't helpful. I've been in the business a very long time and I don't think anyone can say or write anything about me that hasn't already been said. We do it because we love football and want to do it. I still love football, going to games, watching the boys training and matchdays.

"As long as I feel that, I'll always do it. It's not helpful but I'm only interested in the players on the pitch and how it will affect them. I've got broad shoulders and always manage to live with what has been said before.

"I bet I'm the only manager in the Premier League who's not had a single player knock on my door on a Friday and say: 'Why am I not in the team?' Nobody's done anything wrong here. If I could go back six months, I'd still sign the same players, the ones who have left, bar two, I wanted them out of the door. Training maybe we should have moved to the academy sooner but we've done that now. There's not too much I would change here.

"Lady luck has decided it's not for us at this moment in time. It's not the time your head blows off your shoulders but it's time for everyone to stick together and what can you do but work harder?

"As you know, I don't read a lot of newspapers. I understand certain individuals have gone down the road that my days are numbered.

"My attitude to it is just keep working away. When I got this job, you don't get any job really unless they've got lots of problems. I inherited a very difficult situation, a very difficult dressing room and I sorted the dressing room out and got rid of some dodgy characters.

"We have a very strong dressing room now. Most of the players who left, we wanted to leave. One or two, we would much preferred to have stayed but they made it plain they wanted to leave so, unfortunately, they did.

"We brought in some very good players but unfortunately this injury situation has killed us. I'm not hiding behind the injuries as some fool has written, the facts are we have been decimated by injuries.

"Two things happen when you can't put your strongest team onto the pitch. A - you can't play the kind of football you want to play and B - you won't get the same results.

"I'm here, I'll remain here until somebody else tells me differently. I think we have a group of players very much together at this moment in time. I can reassure the fans we're working as hard as we possibly can to win as many games as we can.

"Right now, we find ourselves in a difficult situation, eight of our top men are missing. There's not a club in the country who could withstand that sort of damage to our squad - not Chelsea, not Arsenal, not Manchester United.

"I spoke to him (Shepherd) yesterday,. From my point of view, it's fine. We had a meeting and spoke about the possibility of new players and things we would like to do on that front.

"That was the general theme of the chat we had.

"I think that (the pressure) is the price on the ticket of the manager of Newcastle United.

Certain aspects of the job are extremely difficult, more difficult than at any other football club.

Circumstances here which prevail don't prevail at any other football club.

I won't go into detail on that but it makes managing Newcastle very difficult.

"I think we have, right now, some of our very best players at this club not playing. If you look at Arsenal, the general consensus if Arsenal are not the same team as one player isn't there any more. We're missing seven and eight, five and six, and what does that do to our team? It's not going to be the team we thought we were going to be with those people missing."

Alan Oliver is no doubt creaming himself at the prospect of writing his side of the story tomorrow. "Me, me, it's all about meeeee!" :lol:

Edited by Gemmill

Aye, I just read the interview on .com as well. He really is totally deluded. Being just a wee a bit self-critical wouldn't be too bad.

And he made Anal's job even easier. Now he has another story he can repeat to death for the next years ("I once got attacked by a player ... I got attacked by a former manager live on national TV ... but Geordie boy Lee Clark gave me always interviews and sung me songs when I couldn't sleep)

I aint the most eloquent in the world but this is the eamil I sent

Hello

I have supported Newcastle United for over 40 years. I have never felt so dispirited and as demotivated to support them as I do now. I cant remember the last time I enjoyed a match. Souness is tearing out the heart of Newcastle. We have always put up with underachievement but to watch a potentially top four side be dismantled to be replaced by players who while obviously talented have no leadership or tactics apart from chasing after long balls hoofed up for Shearer is criminal.

The injuries are no excuse, you have to ask yourself why so many? why are players picked before their fitness has been proven? Why is it that souness finds about the location of Dyer from one of his mates? Why is Emre on the team sheet whilst actually in Turkey? Why does Sounness fall out with so many professionals? Why are there so many "cronies" in his back room staff? What exactly does Terry McDermott do?

I could go on and on Souness has to go for the sake of everyone who loves Newcastle United.

Back in 1972 at the age of 20 I travelled to Hereford and watched a they knocked Newcastle United out of the cup, at the time I felt physically sick unbelievably the following week I travelled to Old Trafford and Newcastle beat Manchester United that sums up Newcastle. I once again feel physically sick and only souness's resignation will cure me.

Yours in all sincerity.

Mine:

The last few weeks has finally proved what the majority of Newcastle fans have new since he took over, the job was just to big for him. You've done enough damage Graham so do the fans a favour and walk away gracefully and you may just salvage what little respect the fans have left for you.

As a regular on the Newcastle United forums and from what I hear in the pubs & clubs of Newcastle and from friends and family I would say he now has the backing of around 10% of all Newcastle fans, not anywhere near enough to continue in the job.

P.S please take your backroom staff with you, preferably to Sunderland.

I hope Souness doesn't think that we are all following the stuff Anal Oliver is publishing. Maybe he (Souness) thinks we are led by AO.

If you're reading this Graeme, let me put it straight: Oliver is only reflecting what the fans are saying. Oliver was slow on this matter and is only now starting to print what we are thinking (and many have felt for a long long time - LM for example ;) )

Injuries? Yes.

Bad luck? Who knows.

Charles N'Zogbia in the middle of the park against Liverpool? at Anfield? Yes, unbelievably yes. :lol:

The chants aren't helpful

Probably the only thing he said that I agree with.

As for the NO e-mail, has Boumsong written his thank you letter yet? :lol:

74974[/snapback]

;)

I un-stickied that yesterday, whoever's idea it was didn't send it off and it was annoying me ;)

Reading that interview makes me feel sorry for him. He's clearly lost it and he feels sorry for himself. I don't think I dislike him as a person - it's just that he has to be one of the worst managers around. He's utterly incompetent and he can't see that it's not just about the injuries we have. It's time for the Fat One to put him out of his misery. I hope he gets the sack on Saturday.

The following lines about Shearer sum him up perfectly. Souness doesn't have a clue what football is about. He still lives in the 70s and thinks it's all about fighting, going to war, and kicking the shite out of your opponents. That's why he's a rotten manager and that's why we will never play good football as long as he's in charge. The game just doesn't work like that anymore.

"If you were going to war tomorrow, he would be the first name on the list," he said.

"He plays he style of centre-forward play in the hardest possible way, which is with his back towards the goal, and he's not the biggest of men.

"Generally today, he is playing against men who are three or four inches bigger than him and maybe a stone heavier than him, but he's a man in every sense of the word."

Is he a proper warrior then, Graeme?

Edited by Bombadil

What annoys me (after flicking through todays papers) is that he seems to have fooled most of the press with this interview (again)...

75052[/snapback]

Let's face it, if we'd seen him do that interview with Blackburn we'd probably have bought it too, he does seem to have a way with the press for a completely idiotic, belligerent, talentless, cock-nosed cunt.

What annoys me (after flicking through todays papers) is that he seems to have fooled most of the press with this interview (again)...

75052[/snapback]

I got the same impression. He's probably fooled the Fat Cunt as well. :lol:

More drivel from the tosser (from .cock)

"I can understand the fans frustrations fully. In the Middlesbrough game I thought we did quite well, yet we found ourselves 2-1 down in a game that I didn't think we would lose at any stage."

Is he on drugs or what?

"I can understand the fans frustrations fully. In the Middlesbrough game I thought we did quite well, yet we found ourselves 2-1 down in a game that I didn't think we would lose at any stage."

Is he on drugs or what?

75067[/snapback]

I might get shot down for this but I didn't think we would have deserved to lose against Boro, I thought we were worth the point. The thing most fans were pissed off about was the fact Boro were so awful and were there for the taking, yet we offered very little. As soon as we came out of the ground I said to my mate that McLaren would be on MOTD whining that his team were mugged and deserved to win when in reality it was two bad teams who both deserved nowt.

Is he on drugs or what?

75067[/snapback]

I might get shot down for this but I didn't think we would have deserved to lose against Boro, I thought we were worth the point. The thing most fans were pissed off about was the fact Boro were so awful and were there for the taking, yet we offered very little. As soon as we came out of the ground I said to my mate that McLaren would be on MOTD whining that his team were mugged and deserved to win when in reality it was two bad teams who both deserved nowt.

75109[/snapback]

The bit about not thinking we would lose is fair enough (until their second goal), the rest is pure shite though, "we did quite well" ffs!

Is he on drugs or what?

75067[/snapback]

75109[/snapback]

The bit about not thinking we would lose is fair enough (until their second goal), the rest is pure shite though, "we did quite well" ffs!

75114[/snapback]

Oh aye, like I said, two bad teams that deserved nowt. We didn't outplay Boro at any time but it was quite obvious that they were poor. Like you say, if that is 'playing quite well' then bring on Chelsea.

Is he on drugs or what?

75067[/snapback]

75109[/snapback]

75114[/snapback]

I couldn't see the whole match, but I agree that Newcastle didn't exactly look like losing, but neither did they look like winning it. And when struggling against a very poor opposition to say that we did well is hilarious.

Is he on drugs or what?

75067[/snapback]

75109[/snapback]

75114[/snapback]

I couldn't see the whole match, but I agree that Newcastle didn't exactly look like losing, but neither did they look like winning it. And when struggling against a very poor opposition to say that we did well is hilarious.

75123[/snapback]

Boro had the better chances though - they fluffed two nailed on goals in the first half iirc. Considering they conceded in the last 10 seconds, I can see how they would consider themselves unlucky.