The celebrated return to europe

I ♥ Daddys Cock

Well I've had a great night with Adam Johnson; he's delighted to be signing for us.

Atromitos were great hosts & the meal in Hotel Omonia in Glyfada was tremendous.

Looking forward to press conference in the morning.

At least 7k Mags here tonight

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest by 2007 many of us were getting bored of the Europa League, we must've played 40 games in the UEFA/Europa between 2003 and 2007 and we walked the vast majority of them, the only time it got vaguley interesting was the last 16. When you've had Champions League the UEFA/EL is a very very poor substitute. The EL is the absolute limit of what Sunderland could achieve, or a club like Stoke, for us, we still dream of where we once were.

The fans who were there tonight paid £600 for their flights, to watch a near reserve team battle out a turgid 1-1 draw. Pards was good enough to give the fans an idea it wasn't going to be anywhere near our strongest side. So who the fuck has got £1000 to waste on an European away to third rate opposition to watch our reserves go through the motions? You pathetic mackem arsehole, there are no people in life more small time than you idiotic bastards. You wake up in a SR postcode and you'll die in one, there's no greater insult than that.

I guarantee when Sunderland get in to Europe they'll take 3000 regardless where they play, because NOT ONE OF THEM, has seen Sunderland play in Europe, the same as us when no one my age had seen us in Europe and we took 11.000 to Antwerp in 1994. They'll proclaim themselves as great fans, it's all very predictable.

Edited by McFaul

But only 27 Newcastle fans bothered turning up to follow there european return

:unsure2: embarrassing

Maybe you cant afford to travel to a different country ?

Can all the geordie nation please put there excuses below

The thread is about the embarrasssing 20 fans. rather the other 100,000 who couldnt be arsed to follow there team

It's THEIR you you fucking halfwit!

I thought they might have been about 30,000 went with all the euphoria.

THIS one is THERE.

Sodding mackems will be the death of me...

Shite Catmag lives in Seaham am in for a bollocking :lol:

:lol:

I've just seen that! I wake up in an SR postcode but I practically crawled up the A19 in labour to make sure I didn't have a baby in one!

Just got back from the game, (on Concorde like), me and a few hundred of the lads boarded a few Concordes to see the game and it was a decent run out for the fringe players.

Luckily I brought my tool box mind you.

It was strange how it happened because , 500 of us got together and decided to hire a small fishing trawler to get to the game.

As luck happened, we walks past a few Concordes and both the pilots had the bonnets up on them.

I shouted, " you alright lads" and they shouted, " nah mate, our Concordes have broke down and we aren't in the AA."

I shouted, " here lads, I just happen to have my tool box on me here, do you want me to have a deek at your engines."

Well , they were over the moon and said, " aye, see what you can do."

Anyway, there I am under the bonnet and spots the problem on one and I shouted, "ok mate, get in your Concorde and pump the pedal, your carb had a bit of seagull feather jammed in it."

Sure enough he turns the key and Vroom vroom, it was purring like a kitten.

I jumped over to the other one and guess what? He only had a dropped chip in his carb, obviously from a seagull like and soon enough, his Concorde was purring as well.

Both pilots said, " how can we thank you mate" and I said, " you wouldn't happen to be going to Greece would you, the Newcastle games on and we don't want to miss it...we'll all chip in for the juice like."

The pilots asked me how many of us were going and I just said, us 500, plus the other 1000 that's turned up to watch me fix your motors like.

Sure enough, both pilots get on their phones and a few minutes later, what turns up?

Only another 4 Concordes. Brilliant man.

The pilots all shouted, "howay lads, hop on, we will take you all to Greece free of charge and bring you back because we can't thank Wolfy enough for sorting our motors out like."

Aye it was a great journey and they laid some drinks on for us and sarnies and what not and even brought over a load of air hostesses, in-fact I kid you not, we all had one hostess each attending to us.

Not only that though, as we were flying out, we spotted another few hundred lads that looked like they were hitchiking to Greece, so we picked them up as well.

The planes were packed but we enjoyed the night , all 4700 of us.

Tremendous. *applauds*

Newcastle away crowds in Europe

60 Played

345,256 Total away attendance

5,754 Average away attendance

Sunderland away crowds in Europe,

2 Played

0 Total attendance

0 Average attendance

EDIT: Soz NJS, you mackem lover ;)

EDIT: Soz NJS, you mackem lover ;)

Just trying to avoid any "You think football started in 1992" comebacks.

I think they played a Polish team (open to correction) and I can't imagine any more than 47 being allowed to travel there in the 70s.

Just trying to avoid any "You think football started in 1992" comebacks.

I think they played a Polish team (open to correction) and I can't imagine any more than 47 being allowed to travel there in the 70s.

Vasas Budapest, then Sporting Lisbon.

Interestingly, when we lost to the latter in the UEFA QF in 2005, it meant that all 3 NE teams had played their last games in Europe v Sporting Lisbon, at that time.....