The 'Celeb' Big Brother thread

peasepud

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the people on their tv screen are; talentless, irritating, frustrating, attention seeking, etc. etc. and so on and so on...

80377[/snapback]

You say that like it's a bad thing!? ;);)

I've watched most of the Big Brother shows, they don't bother me too much. I think watching people interacting will always be pretty interesting, I think what I don't like about the show is the cheap sex/booze tittilation..

I'd like it if there was more discussion and debate, but then I suppose fewer people would watch it.

because if enough people stop watching shit television, it will cease to exist.

it's a lot like religion in that regard. Once sufficient people give up on archaic faith based worshipping the influence and potency of the myriad of organisation who draw power from the fear and guilt of the masses, will diminish, dwindle and die.

Bad TV is a vicious circle, people watch it because there is nothing else on.

because if enough people stop watching shit television, it will cease to exist.

80417[/snapback]

But that's just the thing. It actually isn't shit television, it's entertaining, which is why people watch. Got it yet? ;)

Once sufficient people give up on archaic faith based worshipping the influence and potency of the myriad of organisation who draw power from the fear and guilt of the masses, will diminish, dwindle and die.

80417[/snapback]

I'd never guess you were a student! ;)

Once sufficient people give up on archaic faith based worshipping the influence and potency of the myriad of organisation who draw power from the fear and guilt of the masses, will diminish, dwindle and die.

80417[/snapback]

I'd never guess you were a student! :rolleyes:

80438[/snapback]

;)

Psychology I believe. What he doesn't know about the inner workings of the human mind isn't worth knowing. ;)

Edited by Gemmill

it's a lot like religion in that regard. Once sufficient people give up on archaic faith based worshipping the influence and potency of the myriad of organisation who draw power from the fear and guilt of the masses, will diminish, dwindle and die.

80417[/snapback]

Ironic coming from soemone who thought the Pope was decent harmless old bloke.

Big Brothers appeal to me lies in watching the desconstruction of personality that takes place, even more interesting when it the celebrity facade that deconstructs, or in this series implodes.

The twist in this series with the non-celeb even deconstructs what it means to be a celebrity. If as looks likely Chantelle wins and her imaginary song becomes a hit it will possibbly be the apotheosis of post modern culture

80417[/snapback]

Ironic coming from soemone who thought the Pope was decent harmless old bloke.

Big Brothers appeal to me lies in watching the desconstruction of personality that takes place, even more interesting when it the celebrity facade that deconstructs, or in this series implodes. The twist in this series with the non-celeb even deconstructs what it means to be a celebrity. If as looks likely Chantelle wins and her imaginary song becomes a hit it will possibbly be the apotheosis of post modern culture

80505[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

:yes

I don't have a problem with people watching it tbh, I watch plenty vacuous shite when I'm in the mood, e.g. Corrie. I've watched a little bit of this though and it's terminally dull imo. In all honesty though spongebob, you find it entertaining don't you? Nowt wrong with that of course.

I don't have a problem with people watching it tbh, I watch plenty vacuous shite when I'm in the mood, e.g. Corrie. I've watched a little bit of this though and it's terminally dull imo. In all honesty though spongebob, you find it entertaining don't you? Nowt wrong with that of course.

80507[/snapback]

Yep, I am hooked on this one and loving every minute. I enjoy it as a pantomime as much as the next man, but I do also genuinely find the whole big brother phenomenum fascinating

80507[/snapback]

Yep, I am hooked on this one and loving every minute. I enjoy it as a pantomime as much as the next man, but I do also genuinely find the whole big brother phenomenum fascinating

80512[/snapback]

Let's hope something good comes out of it and Barrymore 'buggered' his career for good.

80507[/snapback]

80512[/snapback]

Let's hope something good comes out of it and Barrymore 'buggered' his career for good.

80517[/snapback]

I must admit I have reservations about watching Barrymore, he really does seem to be a bit close to the edge.

80507[/snapback]

80512[/snapback]

80517[/snapback]

I must admit I have reservations about watching Barrymore, he really does seem to be a bit close to the edge.

80524[/snapback]

He's a jibbering old queen who with a bit of luck will top himself when this is all over

If he is mentally unstable I can sympathised with that, I just don't want him back on the telly as I think he's shite.

80526[/snapback]

I agree with that, I never found him funny in the slightest

80532[/snapback]

Orwight? :rolleyes: Jesus wept!

80507[/snapback]

80512[/snapback]

80517[/snapback]

80524[/snapback]

He's a jibbering old queen who with a bit of luck will top himself when this is all over

80543[/snapback]

have you ever considered a career as a counsellor

If he is mentally unstable I can sympathised with that, I just don't want him back on the telly as I think he's shite.

80526[/snapback]

I agree with that, I never found him funny in the slightest

80532[/snapback]

Orwight? :rolleyes: Jesus wept!

80566[/snapback]

Shouldn't that be "Orwight up the back?" :yes

80507[/snapback]

80512[/snapback]

80517[/snapback]

80524[/snapback]

80543[/snapback]

have you ever considered a career as a counsellor

80571[/snapback]

I did not so long ago but i find a lot of my time these days seems to be taking up advising members of this forum on personal matters