US elections 2012.

Park Life

yosemite is an amazing place like. did you do the tioga pass drive through death valley to vegas? unbelievable drive; as is the pch from LA to san fran. i love the place.

Aye, drove both. I wasn't too bad on the pacific coast highway because we were going north so we had the inside lane the majority of the time. But both the drives into Yosemite and out over the Tioga pass involved a lot of time on the cliff edge lane. I'm not keen on heights and I was shatting myself tbh. These huge RVs were merrily going along 6 inches from death. Mad. Unbelievable views though, unforgettable stuff.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: So left wing he has come all the way round to meet the Mormon wing of the Republican Party.

In 4 years the one Liberal act of Obama has been to say in an interview he likes the idea of gay marriage.

He only did that to curry favour with liberal donors in the lead up to the election.

Why would a left winger vote for a stealth right winger without opposition?

on the election...

Nathaniel Read Silver, the 34-year-old celebrated and controversial polling analyst for The New York Times, SAID tonight that President Obama has better than nine chances in 10 to win re-election tomorrow over Republican challenger Mitt Romney.

(Silver’s forecast is on the right side of his FiveThirtyEight Web site.)

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/author/nate-silver/

Silver estimated that Obama will garner 315 electoral votes and pegged him as an 85-percent favorite to carry the all-important swing state of Ohio. Among the other so-called battleground states, he also rates the president as at least an 80-percent favorite in Iowa, Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Four years ago, Silver correctly predicted the winning candidate in 49 out of 50 states. He was wrong only in Indiana, which he said would go to John McCain. Obama won it by one percentage point.

http://blogs.e-rockford.com/applesauce/2012/11/05/nate-silvers-election-eve-forecast-obama-a-91-percent-favorite-to-defeat-romney/

No need to stay up late peeps.

I was resigned to it months ago and while I made the case for a Romney win it's swings and roundabouts between the 2 major parties.

What has surprised me is the turnout. Apparently it is high....and it has been growing consistently for 20 years now. If it breaks 60% then it would be the first time since 1968.

Why the electorate put more and more faith in these 2 corporate owned parties (the same corporations) every 4 years is beyond me.

Well I hope your cynicism didn't affect your enjoyment of your honeymoon.......

The wife is used to me shouting at the radio/tv when confronted with the lamestream media news ;)

....we tended to watch Big Bang Theory instead.

The wife is used to me shouting at the radio/tv when confronted with the lamestream media news ;)

....we tended to watch Big Bang Theory instead.

Why?

penny_big_bang_theory.jpg

Oh. Right... that.

It was quite odd Me and a few others were in the pub and out of the blue he text me "David Cameron is a wanker", the lads around the table agreed, then my Dad text "His fly was unfastened". Which baffled us (our confusion may have been exacerbated by the booze...). I ask him if he's pissed he replies with 'No, just orange and water, you do know I was in his company, right?"

and I'm thinking "No, Dad, I didn't fucking know that, nor did I know that you're in fucking London!"