X-Factor

catmag

Don't watch it but people have been going in about some lass from Grimsby called Ella on my Facebook past few weeks. She still in it?

Yeah, she's only 16 and is class.

Decided not to watch it after experiencing the audition process first hand when I went along to support an ex. Absolute con of a show (as if people didn't know already!). So many people at the auditions (which were the second round of them - pre TV) were obviously mentally handicapped in some way or other and had blatantly been put through to make 'good' television...and then the shit singers get told they are good by both producers and people from SyCo only to get laughed at when they get onto the live auditions and say they are the best singer ever (mainly because they have been told so by TV producers beforehand).

But whatever, at least I got to go and experience the Emirates stadium and see how much of the X Factor stuff is scripted! My ex didn't make it through, but I ain't exactly complaining!

Decided not to watch it after experiencing the audition process first hand when I went along to support an ex. Absolute con of a show (as if people didn't know already!). So many people at the auditions (which were the second round of them - pre TV) were obviously mentally handicapped in some way or other and had blatantly been put through to make 'good' television...and then the shit singers get told they are good by both producers and people from SyCo only to get laughed at when they get onto the live auditions and say they are the best singer ever (mainly because they have been told so by TV producers beforehand).

But whatever, at least I got to go and experience the Emirates stadium and see how much of the X Factor stuff is scripted! My ex didn't make it through, but I ain't exactly complaining!

Yeah, lad I worked with had two auditions down in Manchester for the X-Factor, none of which were in front of any judges, just producers. The lad could really sing as well, and play guitar. He said the same, surrounded by really untalented people who got through and the producers were telling were brilliant. Mind you, it's not a talent contest anyway, it's a popularity contest. For what it's worth, I unfortunately think Cowell is a genius. An evil one, but a genius all the same.

Yeah, lad I worked with had two auditions down in Manchester for the X-Factor, none of which were in front of any judges, just producers. The lad could really sing as well, and play guitar. He said the same, surrounded by really untalented people who got through and the producers were telling were brilliant. Mind you, it's not a talent contest anyway, it's a popularity contest. For what it's worth, I unfortunately think Cowell is a genius. An evil one, but a genius all the same.

I think I'd prefer it if he just had a volcano lair and held the world to ransom with a "Laser Beam".

Wish we were more like China when it comes to dog shit TV like this.

XFactor, Britain's got Talent, Essex thing etc all should be banned.

Just avoid it tbh (hard if your missus 'forces' you to sit through it, although that's where smartphones and handheld consoles come in handy).

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Just avoid it tbh (hard if your missus 'forces' you sit through it, although that's where smartphones and handheld consoles come in handy).

Aye, if she is watching it I go upstairs and read of wank. watch a DVD on the laptop

• 1 year later...