Bordeaux v Newcastle

hmsvictorybdx

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I was there now regardless of what team plays. It looks a fuck sight warmer than here and Brugge really whet my appetite for another trip away. Better to keep the money for the next round though methinks.

Agree. It must be lovely if you have the money to treat these trips like mini breaks with a game thrown in :)

Anyone on Limited resources though would probably better waiting for a decent tie next year.

Agree. It must be lovely if you have the money to treat these trips like mini breaks with a game thrown in :)

Anyone on Limited resources though would probably better waiting for a decent tie next year.

That's what me and my father are doing.

From a "wanting to win it" mentality, I hope we get someone crap in the next round. From a fan hoping for a good tie for my first european away game, I hope we get Inter so I can cheer the Toon along in the San Siro!!

Irish Bar Bordeaux (via twitter)

A9bc0jCCMAAdtat.jpg

I love us taking over places in Europe.

In regards to the finishing top thing, I am no expert on the seeded/who gets who thing but apparently it makes little difference there are just as many unseeded sides who are dangerous than there are seeded sides.

Edited by Gejon

I'd not be shocked to see us knick a 1-0 win you know. Quite a few lads will use this as an opportunity to show that there are options in the the development squad that haven't yet been considered by Pardew et al

Aye for once the young lads will have a game together with little pressure on them, chance to play a bit more freely and show us what they've got. Would have preferred to see Campbell over Ranger though. Hope Tav has a good game too, think that boy has got real potential.

Elliot; Tavernier, Williamson, Perch, Ferguson; Bigirimana, Abeid; Ranger, Marveaux, Sa Ameobi; Sh Ameobi ©

#NUFC substitutes v #Bordeaux: Krul, Coloccini, Simpson, Anita, Amalfitano, Campbell, Cisse. #newcastle #europaleague

Elliot; Tavernier, Williamson, Perch, Ferguson; Bigirimana, Abeid; Ranger, Marveaux, Sa Ameobi; Sh Ameobi ©

#NUFC substitutes v #Bordeaux: Krul, Coloccini, Simpson, Anita, Amalfitano, Campbell, Cisse. #newcastle #europaleague

Oooh brilliant; that Jonas isn't playing.

Ferguson MoM

Pardew out

Agreed Fish, also means we have the chance to rest a key player.

Would have preferred Amalfitano though, the cynic in me says we are pushing for a January sale of Ranger so I can forgive his inclusion and Amalfitano will get other chances if he impresses :D