Judge me after 10 games........

Christmas Tree

From the Chronny, just so you know its not just me. ;)

A mute point however compared to the more important one that is if we can have a spell of dominating games by using both flanks, creating space for Cabaye and getting the strikers anticipating crosses and making runs.....all will be well. Surely you agree?

Yet we played our best football last season w/ 433.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you not watch the game? Can you not comprehend he was sent out with a more defensive wide role, the role that Pardew has reinvented for Jonas. It was pretty clear to me and those around me. :)

Did you not watch the game? I was watching with an assembly of FIFA approved coaches and referees and it was pretty clear to me, to them and to their unborn children that he had a poor game because the many crosses that he did put in (all from wide positions) were rubbish. :)

Did you not watch the game? I was watching with an assembly of FIFA approved coaches and referees and it was pretty clear to me, to them and to their unborn children that he had a poor game because the many crosses that he did put in (all from wide positions) were rubbish. :)

:lol:

Wonder who Ct watched the game with?.....

From the Chronny, just so you know its not just me. ;)

A mute point however compared to the more important one that is if we can have a spell of dominating games by using both flanks, creating space for Cabaye and getting the strikers anticipating crosses and making runs.....all will be well. Surely you agree?

A mute point?

If rumours are true of Jonas being out for two months then Pardew could find that despite himself, a new winning formation may emerge. We should all be in agreement that there are several teams we need to set ourself up defensively against but the majority we should be going out to attack and win. We have the quality to do it.

Its time to seize the moment Alan.

I would be happy with any of these over the next few weeks. (Injuries / suspensions allowing).

Krul

Santon Taylor Coloccini Ferguson

Obertan Tiote Cabaye Marveaux

HBA

Ba

Krul

HBA Tiote Cabaye Marveaux

Cisse Ba

Krul

Tiote Cabaye Marveaux

HBA Cisse Ba

Youd be happy starting Obertan? He's possibly the worst player we've had in the last ten years! And Marveaux has shown no signs he should be starting either.

Krul

Obertan Tiote Cabaye Marveaux

HBA

Ba

Krul

HBA Tiote Cabaye Marveaux

Cisse Ba

Krul

Tiote Cabaye Marveaux

HBA Cisse Ba

Not one of those is a line-up that Pardew could put out this season, due to injuries/Suspensions. Underlining the fact that you dismiss, that injuries/suspensions have been a bitch....and you're just shouting at the sky.

Youd be happy starting Obertan? He's possibly the worst player we've had in the last ten years! And Marveaux has shown no signs he should be starting either.

Yet Obertan was a constant in the team that had us on 25 points and in 3rd this time last year.

For Marveaux draw comparisons to Ben Arfa this time last year. Bottom line is that if Jonas is out, Obertan, Marveaux or Sammy needs a run.

Not one of those is a line-up that Pardew could put out this season, due to injuries/Suspensions. Underlining the fact that you dismiss, that injuries/suspensions have been a bitch....and you're just shouting at the sky.

The famous HF reinvention of history continues. :lol:

The famous HF reinvention of history continues. :lol:

You rarely keep a discussion going on topic do you.

Every one of your solutions involves

Krul

HBA Tiote Cabaye

Ba

But the spine of that team have only been able to play together for 24 minutes or something.

I think it's a bit harsh you've dismissed Ferguson as a left wing option after 1 poor game mind.

Not necessarily. None of them were put in when Jonas went off.

Well I may be on my own here but I think it's pretty evident what Pardew has done so far hasn't worked.

My solution would be to go with one or two of those, be less cautious and try and get the team playing again.

What would you do?

You rarely keep a discussion going on topic do you.

Every one of your solutions involves

Krul

HBA Tiote Cabaye

Ba

But the spine of that team have only been able to play together for 24 minutes or something.

I think it's a bit harsh you've dismissed Ferguson as a left wing option after 1 poor game mind.

Ain't dismissed him at all and think he was one of the better performers on the day. Think he can be equally dangerous from left back which would allow another attacking option ahead of him.

Maybe Obertan and they could try and recreate the excellent game he had against Bordeaux. Probably out best left wing display all season)

He's saying what a lot of us have been saying about Hatem. He's wasted to an extent in that right wing role and you can see in games he drifts all over the place to try and get the ball. He should be playing centrally behind the striker and we should have 3 in midfield like 90% of the PL where midfield battles are key.

The other headache Bird mentions and we've all noticed this season is the dramatic decline of Guti who's gone from winger to defensive winger, to defensive cover for the left back and now defensive (few runs forward) kinda nowhere midfielder - firefighting nearly all game.

I

t might be an act of god we're spared him for a few weeks. ;) But will Anita play well there? The jury is still out.

Cisse can't be trusted not to miss chances atm so Ba ideally should take the one striker slot and Cisse given the last 15-20min when it is clear Ba is shot in games.

Fitness and spark is really lacking this season and with that the pressing has gone out the window. We've started to look a bit like a Hodgson side in that respect - sitting deep and waiting for teams to come onto us.

There is so much wrong I could write 5 pages. :lol:

The mystery being: What has changed?

Edited by Park Life

Well I may be on my own here but I think it's pretty evident what Pardew has done so far hasn't worked.

My solution would be to go with one or two of those, be less cautious and try and get the team playing again.

What would you do?

I'm not disagreeing that those are sensible options. Just not what Pardew went with.

I'd like to see HBA behind Ba or Cisse in a 442, probably give Marveaux a run on the left and give Anita a go on the right.

They're all going to struggle without a bulldog in the middle who is comfortable on the ball. The fact that poor Perchinho was the next best option on that front, after Tiote, speaks volumes about our lack of depth.

Yet Obertan was a constant in the team that had us on 25 points and in 3rd this time last year.

For Marveaux draw comparisons to Ben Arfa this time last year. Bottom line is that if Jonas is out, Obertan, Marveaux or Sammy needs a run.

I would say we won those games in spite of Obertan rather than due to his input.

With regards to Marveaux, what you say about needing someone to play there if Jonas is out is fine but surely, Ferguson or Sammy have shown more than Marveaux so far? And the comparison to Ben Arfa is a nonsense tbf. Ben Arfa showed moments of real quality but looked like he was struggling to adapt to the team. Marveaux has shown nothing at all so far.

I would say we won those games in spite of Obertan rather than due to his input.

With regards to Marveaux, what you say about needing someone to play there if Jonas is out is fine but surely, Ferguson or Sammy have shown more than Marveaux so far? And the comparison to Ben Arfa is a nonsense tbf. Ben Arfa showed moments of real quality but looked like he was struggling to adapt to the team. Marveaux has shown nothing at all so far.

Aye, 100% spot on as usual.

I think deep down he is a good man, a man who it is clear has worked hard, a man who understands football, a man who has come up through the ranks. A man who was a glazier (window cleaner and mender) and took the risk of a tricky contract at Palace to have a chance to play football. He took a gamble and it paid off.

He is in many ways a man who against all the odds made good. He, it is clear to me has learnt new skills and new methods of enahancing team formats and performance. He through choice has taken on one of the hardest jobs in football and to double that work with two of the trickiest characters to come into the game. He has worked within that budget...Not only the fianancial one, but the one that equates to self-worth. He was one of the lads when at Palace and was reknowned to be one of the ring leaders, perhaps even a future manager, it was a tough gig cause Kenny Sansom used to play left back for Palace and he was one of the best in the country at the time.

I don't know. Sometimes you look up and you can go the extra mile. This is it Pards. This is Newcastle United.

Give it all you know.