Chelsea sack successful manager

Dr Gloom

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would anyone want to manage Chelsea? Well, apart from the obvious financial reasons. High paid job, pay off gurantee'd within 18 months.

Chelsea managers I doubt have much, if any, input into player purchases. Didn't they sign two or three players whilst managerless? The Abramovih effect will likely filter down to on pitch tactics. Plus you have to work with utter cunts like Lampard and Terry.

I rember when Ken Bates used to whinge on Talksport about Chelsea's utterly shit support when they couldn't drag in more than 14k for a game.

Except its only 6 months since he won the biggest trophy in club football

I suspect it's similar in that they already have a replacement lined up and were just waiting for an opportune moment to sack Di Matteo though.

No Lampard or Terry last night, Drogba in China.All 3 Irreplaceable iyam. As for those who were brought in in an attempt to do so, how many did RDM get a say in? who was manager when Abramovich bought Shevchenko and Torres in over the managers' heads? seeing as the man who prepares and picks the side has no real say on who his players are likely to be at pre season training its a miracle these fuckers have won as much over the last decade.

I have never really rated Di Matteo, so its not good news for anyone if they get say Guardiola in... With hazard, Oscar, mata and possibly Falcao arriving in January... fkin hell.

That being said, Id rather Chelsea win things than Man United or Liverpool, they have had their fair share of success already and a dry spell would do them a world of good.

Always regarded Bobby M as somewhat of a cunt though. He has always had that smug look about him, like he is shagging your missus behind your back or something...

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Forget the Coca-Cola truck advert, "Chelsea sack Manager" is how I know it's Xmas.

RDM managed 23 games for Chelsea, winning the Fa Cup, Finishing 6th and, oh yes, the Champions League. He did this while still maintaining dignity throughout both Terry scandals and knowing that his position wasn't likely to be made permanent. Compare his handling of Terry, to Dalglish's of Suarez. Since JM wqas sacked in 2003 the average tenure for 6 Chelsea Managers is 10.33 months.. mental

Who are the most successful English teams of the past 20 yrs? Man U and Arsenal? What have they in common?

Success breeds stability in those cases, Fish. Not the other way round. Also, the period you speak of is Chelsea's most successful ever isn't it? Also, who is the most successful club side ever? Real Madrid. Hardly a beacon of managerial stability. Money wins things more than anything else and now more than ever. Di Matteo was just a stop-gap anyway. Two losses at the end of last season (perhaps even just losing the CL final) and he probably wouldn't even have been in the job come August gone.

Who are the most successful English teams of the past 20 yrs? Man U and Arsenal? What have they in common?

Well Arsenal havent won anything since I started counting pubic hairs, so Im not sure you can say their last... 8 years have been such a roaring success. They`ve qualified for CL every year though and built a new stadium which is all but payed for.... I guess success in arsenals case is in the eye of the beholder.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Guardiola will go to Milan. What he did at Barca was a tremendous achievement but he did have the best players in the world at their peak to work with.

Don't see why he'd want a blot on his CV when Abramovich sacks him next February because...because NYET that's why.

It was obvious that it would only be a matter of time for Di Matteo. You could tell Roman didn't want to give him the job in the first place but he had no other option after last season's success. That's why he only gave him a short-term contract.

The way they won the CL also left somewhat of a sour aftertaste in romans mouth. It was not how he wanted to win it at all, predicted a massive underdog in both the semis and the finals and parked the bus for 90 minutes and hit them on the counter.

Roman is a fickle owner, he wants to be the favorite - he wants to dominate performances. RDM did none of these things and as such he is now without a job.