Loic Remy signs for QPR

Tooj

They are showing more ambition than us at the moment tbf. But they're doing it by buying players who are going there just for the money. Which is also what Chelsea and Citeh did when they first got their cash. It's not like Robhino ever there for any other reason!

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Portsmouth comparison someone made earlier seems more apt than Man City or Chelsea.

Robinho was a statement of intent. Massive signing following the buyout that said they would pay top dollar for the biggest name players.

Remy isn't in the same league. It's a relatively low fee for a lad without much of a reputation on the world stage getting wages the club can't afford.

You're right of course but my point was more about why Robhino went there. It wasn't for the chance to win trophy's because there were other clubs who were after him who were much more likely to do that at that stage.

Also his attitude and performances for them confirmed as much.

Wonder who paid for his flight

Hmmmm,

Someone from the QPR board has come out against comments made by Shearer saying Remy sees the amibition of he club like Cesar and that is why he joined them...

The club are not stupid. They will have definitely learned from the last window. They've had 5 months. They'll have spent that time poring over players and compiling and prioritising and valuing a list of 5 strikers and 5 centre backs to choose from. They won't be held to ransom on one, they'll move to the next one on the list if their valuation is exceeded. At least one of each will come off.

Or not and on the 30th we'll sign some aged fucktards that can't get a game where they are.

Do you work for the club?

With our current situation I'd rather we bought someone premiership proven to get us through the rest of the season and keep us up rather than delve into the european market.

When you look at things anyway, Remy was a very hit or miss signing in the first place, if he played well and kept us up then aye he'd be a great signing, but when you see he's scored once in 14 games and he's been injured for parts of the season all the signs point to flop. We need guys that can hit the ground running and make an instant impact.

With our current situation I'd rather we bought someone premiership proven to get us through the rest of the season and keep us up rather than delve into the european market.

When you look at things anyway, Remy was a very hit or miss signing in the first place, if he played well and kept us up then aye he'd be a great signing, but when you see he's scored once in 14 games and he's been injured for parts of the season all the signs point to flop. We need guys that can hit the ground running and make an instant impact.

when was the last time this regime bought a proven premiership player though? i'm struggling. was it nolan?

when was the last time this regime bought a proven premiership player though? i'm struggling. was it nolan?

It would've been aye, ironically a couple of months after he signed we went down. I'm getting to the stage where I think we're running out of time and options and we'll end up going into the rest of the season with our current crop of players along with one or two deadline day panic buys.

Demba Ba was a proven player in the PL. If you're counting 5 months in the PL as proven.

he's proven now. i think he was still a bit of a risk when we bought him, despite his goals in a short period, given it was only 5 months and there was a lot of speculation about his dodgy knee.

This thread has been a little like a protracted Statler and Waldorf scene. "Who is he, he looks good, he's fantastic, get in!, oh melty face, maybe he'll be shit, he's rubbish, dodged a bullet, boooo!"