Loic Remy signs for QPR

Tooj

Them and Villa going down would do me nicely. Not really too arsed who else follows them (would like Stoke but that won't happen) as long as it's not us!

I'm pretty much the same, QPR more for the 'arry connection than the Remy thing and Villa for a whole raft of reasons, chief among them is how fucking bland they are as a club.

Of the teams down there, I'd rather Southampton went down than, say, Reading.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither Reading or Southampton particularly offend me (well every other team does really but them no more than any other) but I suppose they are a cunt to get to for an away game. I have a stronger dislike for Wigan because of their piss poor fans but I find Martinez quite canny so I'm torn a bit there.

In a strange way, seeing Villa floundering around near the bottom of the PL season in, season out would be pretty satisfying as I've a feeling relegation could galvanise them as a club in the long run. (It would still be amusing seeing their fans faces if they got relegated though).

I've never been offended at all by QPR in the past but don't like the fact they're a new money club with financially doped signings/players wages. Also, how many clubs can say that they're last three consecutive managers have been Top grade, number one, top of the tree, utter arseholes?

It would be nice if Wigan would go down this time just so I can avoid the press spunking over Martinez masterfully engineering another great escape ignoring that he is the one who gets them into the position in the first place.

In fairness I don't think any manager in the PL has a greater net profit in transfers. He's really doing it on a shoestring budget.

In a strange way, seeing Villa floundering around near the bottom of the PL season in, season out would be pretty satisfying as I've a feeling relegation could galvanise them as a club in the long run. (It would still be amusing seeing their fans faces if they got relegated though).

I've never been offended at all by QPR in the past but don't like the fact they're a new money club with financially doped signings/players wages. Also, how many clubs can say that they're last three consecutive managers have been Top grade, number one, top of the tree, utter arseholes?

I think Aston Villa may collapse in the CHampionship. Their support is shit as it is.

His philosophy would fit in well with our current players and he'd work within Ashley's constraints.

I think Pardew is doing a good job on the whole but if he were to go then I'd want Martinez as his replacement.

Wouldnt touch Martinez...think people are taken in by him and his lovely accent....you've got to look at what he's acheived on a bog standard premier league budget...next to fuck all. You need to look for the over acheivers tbh. See also Brenda at Liverpool.

Wouldnt touch Martinez...think people are taken in by him and his lovely accent....you've got to look at what he's acheived on a bog standard premier league budget...next to fuck all. You need to look for the over acheivers tbh. See also Brenda at Liverpool.

A bog standard budget of -£12m?

• 1 month later...

Torn.

Sounds like the club weren't happy with his attitude in Jan either way. Rather get Aubemyang.

I've went on about Aubameyang ever since we were linked as I think he is class and is only getting better so he would be my first choice but if Remy is available on a free then I definitely think we should be in there for him.

Only problem being there is no way we will give him the same wages as what he gets at QPR (and rightly so) so you could possibly see some other teams matching that due to the new TV deal.

Torn.

Sounds like the club weren't happy with his attitude in Jan either way. Rather get Aubemyang.

Same here I would rather we went for Aubemyang.

He's certainly shown he can cope in the prem and seems to be scoring evening within a shit team... however, I'd rather we cut off our noses to spite our face in this case because of how things went down in January.

Edited by TheMoog

I've went on about Aubameyang ever since we were linked as I think he is class and is only getting better so he would be my first choice but if Remy is available on a free then I definitely think we should be in there for him.

Only problem being there is no way we will give him the same wages as what he gets at QPR (and rightly so) so you could possibly see some other teams matching that due to the new TV deal.

Squad game. I'd definitely go back in for him, but I'd not shit the stringent wage rules for him. We can offer him a high standard of facilities, of team mates, of support, etc. If he'd rather sacrifice that for Villa and more money, I'd say see you later and not shed a tear.

What a strike! I hate to say it but I'd quite happily go and snap him up in the summer if he becomes a free agent as QPR drop down. The snub in January could be a MASSIVE bargaining chip for wages etc. If he did snub a verbal agreement with us, then he's a wank. But a talented wank!

• 1 month later...