Coloccini - offmans?

McFaul

Apparently his fatha, a coach at San Lorenzo, has been on Argie telly the neet saying he's trying to broker an amicable exit from Newcastle to return to Argentina, but it's been difficult.

Let's face it he's been shite for a good few month, mebeez something on his mind. I think this one has "got legs" but we'll see. See what bull nut has to say about it tomorrow in the paper, if he says it's bollocks start worrying.

He's been shite for a few month? Come again. Wasn't great last night but he's been our best defender all season man

I'd go further than that, I'd say he's been shite in many and average at best since his magnificent display against Sunderland. Anyone who goes to every game would tell you the same.

Wasn't this mentioned a few weeks ago?

Also I see Stevie still reads Newcastle-Online. ;)

Haha I don't! Is there a similarity in my post to something up there? I don't read the toontastic U21 board, haven't for a good few years.

Unconfirmed comments from Osvaldo Coloccini - father of United's Fabricio and youth team director at Argentinian side San Lorenzo - made to a TV station in Argentina and reported on the Goal website:

"Fabricio wants to play for San Lorenzo and he is trying his best to find an elegant way to leave Newcastle. We don't know what Newcastle will come up with, but Fabricio is trying to rescind his contract because he wants to be back at San Lorenzo.

http://www.nufc.com/index.htm

Rubbished by his agent

otas/689522-Lo-de-Gago-hoy-es-imposible-y-el-regreso-de-Coloccini-a-San-Lorenzo-es-solo-una-ilusion.html

The legs took it about as far as your twiglets could carry your kite around

Well at least put a proper link up ya daft cunt.

Can understand Coloccini's frustrations and that feeds into a logical explanation for why he's been far from his best of late. It was a given that defensive reinforcements were required over the summer, a fullback and a central defender. They didn't come and

Colo quickly found himself partnered with Williamson on a regular basis, playing with the limited Simpson on one side, and the losing interest Santon on the other.

I think that if a quality central defender was brought in along with Debuchy we'd quickly see a return to form.

Sounds like bollocks on the fathers end to me

Fabricio Coloccini's agent has denied that San Lorenzo are in talks to re-sign the Newcastle United captain.

Coloccini'sspacer.gif father Osvaldo has told the Argentine media that his son - who only signed a new long-term contract last year - was looking to move back to San Lorenzo, where he played during a loan spell from AC Milanspacer.gif nearly a decade ago.

Osvaldo Coloccini used to play for San Lorenzo himself and is now youth director and he claims that his son wants the move.

"The arrival of Fabricio would be complicated, but there is always a glimmer of hope," he said in Argentina.spacer.gif

"The most difficult issue is that Newcastlespacer.gif just sold a major striker, he is captain and above all an idol, and in the city they love him.

"It would be pleasant the two of us in San Lorenzo, it is the club we love. Fabricio is dying to get back, but is trying to make a graceful exit.

"The contract of Fabricio is high for them and they could let him go to save money."

However, the player's agent Marcelo Lombilla was quick to deny that Coloccini was on his way to San Lorenzo.

"The San Lorenzo thing arises because of a personal matter, and because his father is at the club," Lombilla told Radio 9.

"He has only just renewed his contract six months ago," Lombilla insisted.

"These stories always generate a buzz and generate illusions, but they are just that illusions and nothing more.

"These things written I just cannot believe."

• 2 weeks later...

Rubbished by his agent

otas/689522-Lo-de-Gago-hoy-es-imposible-y-el-regreso-de-Coloccini-a-San-Lorenzo-es-solo-una-ilusion.html

The legs took it about as far as your twiglets could carry your kite around

Pipe down. 1-0