Norwich - Newcastle

Aeris

Cisse with not one chance on goal? Fuck me sideways.

There was a ball from Cabaye that was nearly perfect - if he was fit enough to start I reckon he could have given Cisse better chances but sadly he wasn't.

We've really been missing Cabaye & Ben Arfa who can actually supply Cisse - again - Ferguson - in this instance is a moot point - low diagonal balls etc could split their defence on the counter but we weren't getting anything from pinging crosses in against those centre halfs. This is why we need another striker.

Even Pardew said there was no plan B. Hopefully Mike & Derek will buy him one.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a first game and all that but not a shining debut from Debuchy.

Crosses looked piss poor and he looked well steamrollered at the end there when they should have snatched all 3 points.

Early days though.

:lol:

Because Holt got to a header.

Jesus Wept.

Only a first game and all that but not a shining debut from Debuchy.

Crosses looked piss poor and he looked well steamrollered at the end there when they should have snatched all 3 points.

Early days though.

He had been left 2 on 1 at he back post. My view was he'd done well to jump in to holt to put him off.

I'm saying if it was as easy as saying 'keep it on the floor, pass and move, triangles, first to every ball, get touch tight' and all the other shite Sunday league managers shout, every team would be playing like Spain. Do you really think Pardew says 'Reet lads, Cisse is up front on his own today so he's gonna have two men on him at all times, what we need to do is hoof it to him at every opportunity'

This seems to be the perfect post to compliment CT's post about tactics.

For those hoping Cabaye and Ben Arfa are the answer, try not to forget they were playing when it was all going wrong earlier in the season.

The tactics are the problem not just the personel.

So who gets rid ot the shithouse of a tactician then CT?..he's not walking away from a 1 million pay off is he?....

Sounds like your mate Mike who could do no wrong last season has made a right cunt of it again seeing as you've been wanting rid of Pardew since October. And who's coming in to save the day again, just for clarity?...

This post is the most applicable to CT's post about tactics.

Your point is what?

I would have picked Ferguson over Jonas.

Do you also not agree that two managers can send out the same 11 players with different instructions?

Telling full backs to be adventurous or cautious etc.

Do you have a point or have you just gone into clever arse mode?

For those hoping Cabaye and Ben Arfa are the answer, try not to forget they were playing when it was all going wrong earlier in the season.

The tactics are the problem not just the personel.

Which games are you referring to?

CT - Don't patronise me - you're in no position.

I've made lots of points over numerous weeks which you avoid when they contradict your own and you never ''learn'' - as if that's the goal.

Ferguson over Jonas - that would have been an incorrect decision. For reasons stated.

In addition - In a 4321 - often the full backs pretty much act as wingers anyway.

Your point is what?

I would have picked Ferguson over Jonas.

Do you also not agree that two managers can send out the same 11 players with different instructions?

Telling full backs to be adventurous or cautious etc.

Do you have a point or have you just gone into clever arse mode?

What the fuck are you on about? Were we adventurous or cautious against Man U and Arsenal?

So who gets rid ot the shithouse of a tactician then CT?..he's not walking away from a 1 million pay off is he?....

Sounds like your mate Mike who could do no wrong last season has made a right cunt of it again seeing as you've been wanting rid of Pardew since October. And who's coming in to save the day again, just for clarity?...

I'm sure Ashley is as bewildered as everyone else at the stark contrast between last year and this. And yes it would have been better if we had started the season with Anita, Debuchy and another CB to cover Colo and Taylor but those bollocks dropped are not solely responsible for the relegation battle.

Teams like Swansea, Stoke and Sunderland are ahead of us with as poor or poorer players. Let's also remember that had it not been for Cisses arse or horrific refereeing at Everton we would already be in the bottom 3.

Nobody knew that Pardew was going to rely on hoofball with two strikers who couldn't play together. Nobody knew that even though Pardew says Jonas is way out of form, he would refuse to drop him, or that Pardew would cave into Ba's demands at the expense of the team.

I hope Ashley is trying to source a better manager. But I also know that's not the easiest thing to get right at any time, never mind in January facing the drop so I understand if he's hoping that we can somehow scrape home.

What's the obsession with crosses?

It's not like we've got Shearer, big Dunc or even a Grant Holt in the team to head it home.

As Tom has rightly pointed out the team will create more chances with cutbacks from the bi-line and diagonal through balls.

Teams like Swansea, Stoke and Sunderland are ahead of us with as poor or poorer players

All three teams listed have better squads and Swansea are fucking class at the moment.

CT - Don't patronise me - you're in no position.

I've made lots of points over numerous weeks which you avoid when they contradict your own and you never ''learn'' - as if that's the goal.

Ferguson over Jonas - that would have been an incorrect decision. For reasons stated.

In addition - In a 4321 - often the full backs pretty much act as wingers anyway.

You telling me that "nothing would have worked against those defenders" is not you contradicting me its you talking shit.

Once again the final product from Jonas was piss poor. (As others have also said in here). It's been piss poor all season. Even Pardew has said he's had a bad season but will stick with him.

I will repeat the point you are woefully struggling to get to grips with.

We need to create chances for Cisse.

He didn't get one chance today.

No chances - no goals.

But I also know that's not the easiest thing to get right at any time, never mind in January facing the drop so I understand if he's hoping that we can somehow scrape home.

How very fuckin conveniant for you and him :lol:

If we had the mackems before the end of Feb and got beat off them then I think he'd be under huge pressure, but we havent got them till the middle of April which is worse in a way, they could end up putting a nail in the coffin of the actual club and not just Pardew.

CT - Read what people post - endless crossing into the box to Cisse wouldn't have gotten us anywhere today - and what crosses we did put in didn't get anywhere for the simple reason that Turner/Bassong would beat him to pretty much every ball no matter who was putting them in and Cisse isn't that great a header of a ball anyway.

Simple. Go back & read though, seriously, learn about it or shut up about it.

How very fuckin conveniant for you and him :lol:

If we had the mackems before the end of Feb and got beat off them then I think he'd be under huge pressure, but we havent got them till the middle of April which is worse in a way, they could end up putting a nail in the coffin of the actual club and not just Pardew.

I think the mackems are immaterial, certainly as far as Ashley is concerned.

Anything other than a win at home next and the nails will be going in.

CT - Read what people post - endless crossing into the box to Cisse wouldn't have gotten us anywhere today - and what crosses we did put in didn't get anywhere for the simple reason that Turner/Bassong would beat him to pretty much every ball no matter who was putting them in and Cisse isn't that great a header of a ball anyway.

Simple. Go back & read though, seriously, learn about it or shut up about it.

Did you watch the game? Serious question.

Jonas put a couple of balls in today that defenders didn't get but unfortunately were too inaccurate for Cisse to get.

Can you not comprehend that a more precision final ball may have reached Cisse?

Ferguson has three assists this season. At least two of those were inch perfect crosses whipped in from just over the half way line that were so good it bought out defenders.

The same could have happened today.

Your simplistic comment that there is no way we could have scored from a cross today is just sim and simple stupid.

My simple comment is so simply simplistic, simple, simple something....

Go and read what I posted before - again we're back to the point whether you're a wum, ignorant or simply daft. We'd have lost if we'd played Ferguson instead of Jonas. Like Arsenal, Manchester United, Tottenham & Stoke lost at Norwich.

I've never seen much evidence that Cisse can head the ball anyway. Besides - they'd have kicked the fuck out of Ferguson & he'd have gone missing.

I think the mackems are immaterial, certainly as far as Ashley is concerned.

Anything other than a win at home next and the nails will be going in.

I dont doubt that for a minute, but it will just be a minority at that point.

The thing is,how are 52000 of us going to react if we get beat at home by the mackems which could conceiveably relegate us?....you do understand that reaction will be a lot worse dont you?...the point I made is if the mackems were coming here in the next month and they beat us that would give Ashley the perfect chance to sack Pardew, just as us twatting them 5-1 gave Hughton a stay of execution until the next time we lost a game. Derby games are piivitol in manager's careers'. The next time the mackems roll into town though there are only 5 league games after that.