Norwich - Newcastle

Aeris

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone taking positives out of that is grasping at straws. Woohoo we kept Grant Holt and co at bay.

Unless they have someone lined up to replace Pardew I think we are well and truly fucked.

we got a point where we were stuffed last season, we kept a clean sheet after letting in 11 in our last two games, we've lost the last 7 away. Baby steps.

Good point.

Anyone taking positives out of that is grasping at straws. Woohoo we kept Grant Holt and co at bay.

Unless they have someone lined up to replace Pardew I think we are well and truly fucked.

Fucking Mourinho wouldn't have made much difference today.

Replacing Pardew is not the answer - untying his hands from behind his back is.

Your idea today was to cross balls into Cisse - vs Bassong & Turner so you didn't really know who we were playing anyway. Norwich have probably won 90% of their points at home this season

we got a point where we were stuffed last season, we kept a clean sheet after letting in 11 in our last two games, we've lost the last 7 away. Baby steps.

Good point.

Baby steps isn't good enough at this stage of the season.

Have a look through the remaining fixtures and start totting up possible points.

It's grim.

Your idea today was to cross balls into Cisse - vs Bassong & Turner so you didn't really know who we were playing anyway. Norwich have probably won 90% of their points at home this season

All we saw today was a return to early season lack of creativity from the wings.

Protecting Santon is not as important as creating chances.

Pardew and it seems some on here, still haven't learnt this lesson.

It's an inprovement on recent results, of course there are positives to take out of it. It's something.

Not sure why I'm bothering, you know this.

Anyone spinning this sort of line needs to start adding up possible points.

If we don't start creating chances for Cisse we are going down.

It's really that simple.

But launching longballs all fucking game is the perfect tactic? Well it fucking must be it's all we fucking do.

Anyone spinning this sort of line needs to start adding up possible points.

If we don't start creating chances for Cisse we are going down.

It's really that simple.

No, it's really not that simple. For a start you must be assuming the teams below us will pick up points more consistently than us from now till the end of the season. On top of that you're assuming (albeit understandably) that the squad we have now is the same squad we'll have come Feb 1st.

CT in trying to school Tom shocker. This will be interesting.

The arrogance of the youth of today.

There are many people who go to watch Newcastle who don't play football manager, Fifa 13 or watch loads of football on Sky.

That doesn't mean they don't know a shit display, lack of creativity or shit out of form players when they see them.

Silly Boy.

No, it's really not that simple. For a start you must be assuming the teams below us will pick up points more consistently than us from now till the end of the season. On top of that you're assuming (albeit understandably) that the squad we have now is the same squad we'll have come Feb 1st.

Much better to err on the side of caution or for that matter to pin your hopes on some new signing saving us.

Just got back from the match, got to say it was a pretty shit ordeal. I've come to the conclusion that Ashley has had Pardew lobotomised during the summer to make him more accepting of his shit and in the process erased all of the previous season's tactical knowledge, we've got from last year playing attractive, attacking football on the deck to this continuous, useless hoof-balling. I just can't see where else this apparent obsession with long-ball footy has come from. I'm sure we could have won today, Norwich really weren't that great themselves, anywho, I'm off to warm up, it's bloody baltic out there today.

Its the fans I feel sorry for. They don't deserve this passionless crap. Last season gave us some form of hope and how does the board repay that? Shepard would have done something to at least build on that success for the team, for the town, for the fans. All Ashley cares about is his pocket. I don't live in Newcastle but it doesn't stop me from feeling the pain. The place lives breathes and shits NUFC and the board just don't get it and nor do some of those over paid fuckwit players. Money has ruined the beautiful game.

All we saw today was a return to early season lack of creativity from the wings.

Protecting Santon is not as important as creating chances.

Pardew and it seems some on here, still haven't learnt this lesson.

Pure conjecture which is fairly worthless I suppose.

The crosses in the box - were easily dealt with by Bassong/Turner - As I stated that they would be near the start of the thread, Norwich were playing a 451 - crowding the midfield so attacking wise there wasn't going to be much option anyway - especially considering we had no other striker worth his salt to bring off the bench,

So your centre forward isn't winning headers or coming close & the solution is to pepper him with more crosses? Jonas looked decent going forward at times - at times lost but I can't imagine a replacement - especially such as Ferguson making any difference - other than leaving the defense exposed when Santon goes up - Snodgrass is a decent winger*, Holt is a decent header - probably going to get a goal from that.

*So is Pilkington on the other side.

In Norwich's last home game they put 3 past Manchester City - so leaving yourself open & speculating on a chance is pretty retarded - especially seen as Tottenham,Stoke, Man United & Arsenal have all lost there this season,

They are a dangerous, well organised side & they aren't stupid. Give them something to exploit & they will - then they'll shut up shop.

The closest we came was a shot from Obertan - which was well saved, Jonas played a decent ball to Cisse - just an inch off either way. Otherwise both teams were relying on half chances.

I didn't see the game today and I'd never seen any Newcastle games in my life until I was in my late 30s, but thought Jonas was shit and Pardew was shit and Anita was shit and Marveaux who used to be shit was brilliant and Fergy who is around the perfect age to be a taxi driver's catamite was brilliant and I don't think South Tyneside's representatives on here are a load of worthless cunts who should have their legs plucked from their arse.

P.S. Vote Tory & don't giz a job

I didn't see the game today and I'd never seen any Newcastle games in my life until I was in my late 30s, but thought Jonas was shit and Pardew was shit and Anita was shit and Marveaux who used to be shit was brilliant and Fergy who is around the perfect age to be a taxi driver's catamite was brilliant and I don't think South Tyneside's representatives on here are a load of worthless cunts who should have their legs plucked from their arse.

P.S. Vote Tory & don't giz a job

Quite possibly the funniest thing I have read in a long time.