Aston Villa vs Newcastle United

Aeris

Relegation pit fight. We'll would probably get stomped on by Bent and his brother Benteke, but Mbiwa if he comes in might be some kind of cure for our defense.

Could do with a new winger in the team though (sell Jonas/Obertan and get in someone a bit fresher in), and the new top striker we've been promised (Graham/Negredo?), and a left-back rotation player (Bong/Haidara?), aswell as a class central mid (Sissoko/De Jong?). I'm at least expecting Mbiwa for this match.

Get all these players in and at least our squad should be competent to start going upwards on the table, a shame it'll probably be with the same manager. Would've damn nice to get some fresh air and new inspiration into the team with a new bloke at the helm aswell.

Listen to me, I'm living in a dreamworld, none of this will happen...sadly.

3-1 to Villa.

Edited by Aeris

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pardew to walk if we lose here like. and i don't think he could have too many complaints if that were to happen. even a draw isn't really good enough. a win could provide the spark to turn the season around, with cabaye and ben arfa coming back and new players to come in (hopefully). a loss is another nail in the coffin when you look at the three games coming after this one.

i'm just happy that result jinxer CT hasn't started the thread this time.

Can't see us winning this one - we wont have time to register any new players anyway & then we have Chelsea & Tottenham to debut them against.

We're in the shit.

Can't see us winning this one - we wont have time to register any new players anyway & then we have Chelsea & Tottenham to debut them against.

We're in the shit.

How's that? We've got 8 days. that's plenty of time.

We're in the shit.

How many days does it take to register someone? thought it was done in hours...

FA cup 4th round this weekend. League matches moved.

We're not in the cup. Again.

I'm glad were not in the domestic cups, we're Villa's 3rd game in eight days.

Like us the have a small squad and loads of injuries, so we should be in a much stronger position. "If" we can get a couple of signings complete, it should give us a bit of momentum.

Hopefully a few of the players that got relegated will remember their smug faces! :glare:

I'm glad were not in the domestic cups, we're Villa's 3rd game in eight days.

Like us the have a small squad and loads of injuries, so we should be in a much stronger position. "If" we can get a couple of signings complete, it should give us a bit of momentum.

The Arsenal rule of fresh legs should ensure that we flog them in the latter stages of the second half.

Seriously though, new players through the door ASAP, almost a week to train together then send them out with something to prove.

He not will play Shola on the right wing ever again (or start him in anywhere). He will not sub off a good performing player like Marveaux for Perch way too early thinking a good tackle will prevent the goals from flowing in. He will not dare to play Willo one more time. He will not tell players to hoof the ball up when it has about never created any goals. His brain will not melt and slide out his ears everytime a life depending decision is needed.

Or will he?...probably

Edited by Aeris

As long as Pardew doesn't revert to kind and shut up shop, making it easier for their tired legs.

Thing with Villa this season, if we can score early and keep the pressure up they could collapse. They haven't strong resolve.

I'd hope to use the announcements of signings as a rocket under the squad.