Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Apart from the Mirror and the Guardian which of the papers doesn't support the Tories? 

Like others on here, I've read a great deal about the NI border problem and I've yet to hear one possible workable solution that doesn't involve NI staying in the SM and CU. It's the one issue in the entire process that cannot be solved by any other means.

Well the Telegraph obviously does, but then they're running the story Renton is quoting... and the Guardian isn't. Not sure political allegiances are featuring on this one much.

Obviously I hope you guys are right, but we've been predicting the imminent demise of this government and various policies etc for fucking ages, and it just keeps soldiering on...

That election last year could end up proving hugely decisive here, amazingly. If she didn't have to rely on the DUP, I have no doubt in my mind that May would just cut NI loose - I guess the question becomes a matter of what Labour will do. I think I trust Corbyn to vote the right way himself on this issue but there are some worryingly pro-Brexit Labour MPs...

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

I think the vast majority of those who voted wouldn’t care less one way or another if Brexit didn’t happen.

it was all worth it then 

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Can this possibly pass without the DUP? Are there enough Labour rebels for it to happen? Would the DUP submit a motion of no confidence before it came to that?

There's no way in hell the DUP will back it, right? This has to be a line in the sand for them.

I don't know how many pro-Brexit Labour MPs there were but we only need 9, don't we? Although I guess some would be cancelled out by Tory rebels...

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

it was all worth it then 

I think most people think a democratic vote was given and that’s that. Nobody was expecting the 2 years of backlash from the elite to thwart the result.

But the bottom line is the average Joe in the street has probably moved on long ago.

I think most people think a democratic vote was given and that’s that. Nobody was expecting the 2 years of backlash from the elite to thwart the result.

But the bottom line is the average Joe in the street has probably moved on long ago.

This isn't a two year backlash from the elite, it's just that you were fucking lied to. That's all it is.

The elite are falling over themselves to try to deliver this man. You realise the 'elite' are the government, right?

Edited by Rayvin

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

This isn't a two year backlash from the elite, it's just that you were fucking lied to. That's all it is.

The elite are falling over themselves to try to deliver this man. You realise the 'elite' are the government, right?

You realise all party’s backed remain?

From Gina Miller to Lord Adonis to Tony Blair it’s been the elite trying to thwart Brexit from day 1.

Im just saying, most voters don’t care that much.

12 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

There's no way in hell the DUP will back it, right? This has to be a line in the sand for them.

I don't know how many pro-Brexit Labour MPs there were but we only need 9, don't we? Although I guess some would be cancelled out by Tory rebels...

I think there'd be about 4-7 Labour rebels. On the other side you'd have Clarke, Morgan, Soubry and Grieve and perhaps some other. I can't see how this happens with the DUP or an election.

Edited by ewerk

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

From Gina Miller to Lord Adonis to Tony Blair it’s been the elite trying to thwart Brexit from day 1.

And who was backing leave? Just the average joe?

The three people you've mentioned have no political power with which to thwart Brexit. The Tories have all the political power, have an opposition party that is also supporting Brexit, and still can't fucking deliver the thing because it seems to be impossible. That is the reality CT. It's not a lack of political will, it's not a conspiracy - if it fails, it is solely because you were lied to.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice try

If all the Brexiters want to go around telling themselves that a shadowy cabal of political elites somehow thwarted this instead of acknowledging that they were woefully misinformed about the consequences of leaving (and in truth, I had no idea NI would scupper this either - all the more reason this should never have been a public vote), then I'm fine with it tbh. If that's what it takes for them to make peace with staying in the single market, let them have it I guess.

Just now, Rayvin said:

If all the Brexiters want to go around telling themselves that a shadowy cabal of political elites somehow thwarted this instead of acknowledging that they were woefully misinformed about the consequences of leaving (and in truth, I had no idea NI would scupper this either - all the more reason this should never have been a public vote), then I'm fine with it tbh. If that's what it takes for them to make peace with staying in the single market, let them have it I guess.

:lol: It's the same ones who divert all the north east investment away from Sunderland and towards Newcastle. It's perfect for them, when you think about it. It's a bit like Scotland voting to stay in the Union (then returning a load of SNP MPs), i.e. if they really got what they claim to want they'd have no fucker to blame

24 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The three people you've mentioned have no political power with which to thwart Brexit. The Tories have all the political power, have an opposition party that is also supporting Brexit, and still can't fucking deliver the thing because it seems to be impossible. That is the reality CT. It's not a lack of political will, it's not a conspiracy - if it fails, it is solely because you were lied to.

:lol: Don’t be naive, these people have lots of political clout, particularly with their European masters. If everyone had simply got behind the democratic decision it would have been done and dusted by now. 

But two two years of secret meetings in Brussels, high court rulings and unelected peers looking out for number one and here we are.

As with most things, Brussels and their puppets here are trying everything to overturn democracy.

:lol:

Well, fair enough CT. As I said, as long as you and people like you are prepared to accept the single market against a backdrop of this 'conspiracy', I have no issue with it.