Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

53 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ll tell you what, the quality of WUMs these days is piss poor. 

You could spot spot this one a mile off, and his patter is rancid. :D

I'm a WUM because you don't like my answers? Perhaps you should stop asking question's if the answers are winding you up. 

Kids today.

11 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

I'm a WUM because you don't like my answers? Perhaps you should stop asking question's if the answers are winding you up. 

Kids today.

It's not so much that. It's more that you aren't answering with any substance.

We're used to these opinions, we get them from CT all the time - and tbf to him, usually with more detail.

I mean you're an anarcho-capitalist ffs, you would have thought you would have some in depth assessments and reasoning behind that.

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It's not so much that. It's more that you aren't answering with any substance.

We're used to these opinions, we get them from CT all the time - and tbf to him, usually with more detail.

I mean you're an anarcho-capitalist ffs, you would have thought you would have some in depth assessments and reasoning behind that.

I don't really feel the need to explain my politics to strangers on the Internet.  I'm a 32 year old man ffs :lol:

The thing is, I guess you could make -some- arguments for anarcho-capitalism. Something about it being a system that mirrors the biological order, and producing the most efficient means by which humanity can progress. Taking away a safety net and forcing everyone who (in the anarcho-capitalist's view) is bone idle and thus being actively damaged by a state that doesn't incentivise them to work.

It's hugely simplistic and takes no extenuating circumstances into account though. The streets would be lined with the bodies of the dead, those who were too weak to 'fight' in an ultra competitive system (which no one would dispose of as you would need a collective payment from the community to some manner of organisation to do so... I mean I guess you could do that. Could call it a 'tax' or something).

2 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

I don't really feel the need to explain my politics to strangers on the Internet.  I'm a 32 year old man ffs :lol:

Then why are you even in here? If you have no need to debate anything, and simply shot in to throw your opinion down, why do you have another 50 posts in this thread? Surely the only other possible reason, is wumming. Which is what you were accused of.

I'm 32 as well (what bearing that has on anything, I don't know). And yet I'm prepared to respect people's opinions enough to debate them properly if I'm going to add mine.

Good grief...

Edited by Rayvin

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Then why are you even in here? If you have no need to debate anything, and simply shot in to throw your opinion down, why do you have another 50 posts in this thread? Surely the only other possible reason, is wumming. Which is what you were accused of.

I'm 32 as well (what bearing that has on anything, I don't know). And yet I'm prepared to respect people's opinions enough to debate them properly if I'm going to add mine.

Good grief...

Holy shit, you're 32...

I have 50+ posts on the thread because I've been asked 50+ questions 

I don't know much of anybodies opinions on the topic because I haven't yet had a chance to ask any questions as I've been quoting others who have had questions themselves.

10 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

Holy shit, you're 32...

I don't know much of anybodies opinions on the topic because I haven't yet had a chance to ask any questions as I've been quoting others who have had questions themselves.

If you read this with a Brummie accent in mind, it sounds even fucking dumber. 

• Haha 2

Just now, SpaceCadet said:

Holy shit, you're 32...

And I'm one of the younger ones on here. In fact in the politics threads, with the exception of the odd cameo from Andrew, I think I might be the youngest. (I don't really know, apologies to anyone I just aged). I'm also on the board of a multi-million pound business, run a side business from home in my spare time, have two degrees (one of them in business) and voted Corbyn and Labour every fucking time I could because I recognise that I am where I am not solely because of hard work, but because I was very fortunate with the upbringing I had and the opportunities I was afforded. If Corbyn gets in and raises taxes, that's more money out of my pocket - but you know what, I'm totally happy with that because the country is falling over due to extensive cuts and the most vulnerable in society are paying the price.

I'm not so bothered what you think about anyone else's views, I'm more interested in your own. Feel free to cross examine me to your hearts content and I'll reply as best I'm able, as long as it's quid pro quo in terms of effort. I wrote a pretty lengthy post to you earlier which was just ignored flatly.

I do not personally have any issue with you having a different opinion to me - I regularly seek out opposing views, which is why I am simultaneously known as the forum nazi, and also a bleeding heart liberal. I even posted on this thread saying how pleased I was that we could add another intelligent voice to the debate. But so far you've offered little in terms of actual content and intelligent insights, and the longer that's gone on, the more everyone else has assumed you have nothing to say. Hence where we are now.

EDIT - apologies to everyone else for the lack of humility, just trying to make a point.

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If you read this with a Brummie accent in mind, it sounds even fucking dumber. 

You definitely don't want a conversation on accents. You're a Geordie, outside of the north east you'd need a translator.

15 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

And I'm one of the younger ones on here. In fact in the politics threads, with the exception of the odd cameo from Andrew, I think I might be the youngest. (I don't really know, apologies to anyone I just aged). I'm also on the board of a multi-million pound business, run a side business from home in my spare time, have two degrees (one of them in business) and voted Corbyn and Labour every fucking time I could because I recognise that I am where I am not solely because of hard work, but because I was very fortunate with the upbringing I had and the opportunities I was afforded. If Corbyn gets in and raises taxes, that's more money out of my pocket - but you know what, I'm totally happy with that because the country is falling over due to extensive cuts and the most vulnerable in society are paying the price.

I'm not so bothered what you think about anyone else's views, I'm more interested in your own. Feel free to cross examine me to your hearts content and I'll reply as best I'm able, as long as it's quid pro quo in terms of effort. I wrote a pretty lengthy post to you earlier which was just ignored flatly.

I do not personally have any issue with you having a different opinion to me - I regularly seek out opposing views, which is why I am simultaneously known as the forum nazi, and also a bleeding heart liberal. I even posted on this thread saying how pleased I was that we could add another intelligent voice to the debate. But so far you've offered little in terms of actual content and intelligent insights, and the longer that's gone on, the more everyone else has assumed you have nothing to say. Hence where we are now.

EDIT - apologies to everyone else for the lack of humility, just trying to make a point.

Bless you.