Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Andrew said:

What a load of fucking bollocks that tweet is.

Political "Leaders" my arse, what is fucking leadership about that load of shite? 

I want my political leaders to have some fucking brains and the balls to do whats actually best for the people of the country, having the expertise and experience to do so regardless of whether a heap of people who don't understand the issues don't like it.

Since when has letting "I want that, even though its known to be terrible for me" happen been the way to lead anything? You don't let your stupid fucking kids run into traffic or drink bleach because they wanted to, you fucking stop it because you know that its bad for them. 

Equally, since when has leadership been about passing all the responsibility for something you helped cause (she actively campaigned for this) onto those who were largely misled about what it would entail? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well, only 6% of MPs and peers bothered to read the impact papers. Fair enough. I mean, it's not about how it impacts people's lives any more is it? It's about the will of the people.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/05/brexit-impact-papers-viewing-requests-made-by-just-6-of-mps-and-peers

If this is democracy it can go fuck itself as far as I'm concerned. 

I don’t really blame them for that though. They already know that it’s going to be bad for the country, they don’t need something nicked from Wikipedia to tell them that.

Though it should be the first question put to every leave MP. Swiftly followed by, ‘why not?’.

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

:lol::lol:  

New PM please.

Clearly the closest Anderson's been to a "real" person in about 30 years too.

So for the first time in ages I watched a bit of newsnight last night. John Cleese was on and was acting like Basil Fawlty, the one where he bangs his head and insults the Germans. Completely incoherent.

Anyway, this particular multimillionaire brexiter has now had enough of the UK so is pissing off to spend the rest of his life in the Caribbean. Strikes me he is a typical example of the elite brexiter. Completely unable to articulate an argument to support Brexit, then when all goes to shit, it's toys out the pram and they're out of the country.

Good riddance you lanky piece of shit (and yes, I used to love Monty python and Fawlty Towers). 

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

So for the first time in ages I watched a bit of newsnight last night. John Cleese was on and was acting like Basil Fawlty, the one where he bangs his head and insults the Germans. Completely incoherent.

Anyway, this particular multimillionaire brexiter has now had enough of the UK so is pissing off to spend the rest of his life in the Caribbean. Strikes me he is a typical example of the elite brexiter. Completely unable to articulate an argument to support Brexit, then when all goes to shit, it's toys out the pram and they're out of the country.

Good riddance you lanky piece of shit (and yes, I used to love Monty python and Fawlty Towers). 

Presumably he was on for 'balance'. What a fucking joke the BBC has become

On 7/10/2018 at 00:14, Christmas Tree said:

Ones the trade bill which legally allows us legally to transfer over all our current bilateral deals.

The second is the customs bill which allows us to legally make our own customs arrangements. 

Some brexiteers may not like Mays negotiating stance but they still need these bills into law. Even if they were to topple her they need this legislation to be in place for future trade deals etc.

The big threat here was conservative pro Europeans forcing May to stay in the customs union. This seems to have died down now although it could still be put in as a backstop.

Uhhh...

55 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye Ive just read some of the interview, basically "I don't like how the brexit I voted for is going, fortunately I am rich enough for it not to matter so I'm fucking off and leaving everyone else with the consequences"

Cunt.

13 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Aye Ive just read some of the interview, basically "I don't like how the brexit I voted for is going, fortunately I am rich enough for it not to matter so I'm fucking off and leaving everyone else with the consequences"

Cunt.

Erm, you're fucking off too. Cunt. ;)

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Erm, you're fucking off too. Cunt. ;)

I voted to stay in though. My fucking off is washing my hands of this whole affair from an entirely different starting high horse

Thousands of electricity generators would have to be requisitioned at short notice and put on barges in the Irish Sea to help keep the lights on in Northern Ireland in the event of the hardest no-deal Brexit, according to one paper drawn up by Whitehall officials.

That could involve bringing back equipment from far-flung countries such as Afghanistan – where the UK is still part of Nato-led operations – said people familiar with the paper’s contents.

The eye-catching scenario is contained in a private government paper outlining the various negative consequences of Britain leaving the European Union without any deal.

The situation could come about because Northern Ireland has shared a single energy market with the Irish republic for over a decade, in one of the consequences of the Good Friday Agreement of 1998.

Britain is hoping to negotiate a deal to allow that single electricity market on the island of Ireland to continue after Brexit.

But in the event of a totally disruptive rupture with the bloc Whitehall officials fear that power providers in the republic could end the provision of electricity because the UK would no longer be part of the European electricity market.

That would mean the government scrambling to get hold of thousands of generators to prevent blackouts in the province, under this worst-case scenario. Officials are concerned about the availability of this many generators at short notice – thus the need to commandeer some from the military.

One government official said the idea of electricity barges in the Irish Sea was one of the most “gob-smacking” elements of the government’s no-deal preparations: “I can’t believe this hasn’t really been noticed by the wider world,” he said.

A government spokesman acknowledged the existence of the contingency planning for Northern Ireland blackouts and that it included generators on barges.

Cheers, CT.

18 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Cheers, CT.

The mainland is at risk of powercuts too. There was one day last week when renewables only generated 1% of the energy the grid required. We had to import 20% from France and Holland. Energy is subject to complex EU regulation. We'll be cut off in the event of a no deal. 

Got them over a barrel, haven't we? :icon_lol:

19 hours ago, Renton said:

CT's analysis. :lol:

Whatever he says the opposite happens.

He even popped up in the World Cup thread for the first time yesterday. Blame the fat little ginger cunt for that as well tbh

So Lloyds of London is soon to be Lloyds of Brussels.

There’s over three hundred years of British history walking out the door.

Edited by ewerk

WORLD EXCL: Donald Trump warns Theresa May her soft Brexit blueprint will "kill" any future trade deal with the US. Full @POTUS interview with @TheSun from 11pm.

Well this is all going swimmingly.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

WORLD EXCL: Donald Trump warns Theresa May her soft Brexit blueprint will "kill" any future trade deal with the US. Full @POTUS interview with @TheSun from 11pm.

Well this is all going swimmingly.

Glad he's not interfering in Brexit like that Obama fellow did. 

It’s of no surprise to me. Agriculture is the first thing the US want in a trade deal. If we accept that we decimate our own agriculture industry and also prevents our agrifood industry from exporting to the EU and this single issue creates a hard border in NI.

It was always a non-starter.