Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Are you for real, man ? 

Its happening right now, you muppet. 

You sticking your fingers in your ears and going “ la la la” won’t stop it. 

See post above and take heed from a great master of armchair politics.

Mays gambled and won.

41 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

See post above and take heed from a great master of armchair politics.

Mays gambled and won.

May has to win a parliamentary vote on the chequers agreement. There are around 50 hardcore brexiteers on the back benches. She needs the DUP & 100% of her own vote to get It through. What do you think is going to happen Mr armchair exoert? First rule of politics: learn how to fuckin count ;) 

17 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

May has to win a parliamentary vote on the chequers agreement. There are around 50 hardcore brexiteers on the back benches. She needs the DUP & 100% of her own vote to get It through. What do you think is going to happen Mr armchair exoert? First rule of politics: learn how to fuckin count ;) 

No she doesn’t ;)

8 hours ago, Renton said:

You'd be wrong to give him the benefit of the doubt. He talked about negotiating with all EU states separately. Of all the incompetence, I find this the most mind boggling.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/minister-for-brexit-davis-davis-eu-european-union-germany-single-market-trade-deals-unaware-mistake-a7136121.html

Aye, I’ve just seen the tweets. It’s incredible that someone in politics as long as he was campaigned for leaving the EU but didn’t know the first thing about how it worked.

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Are you for real, man ? 

Its happening right now, you muppet. 

You sticking your fingers in your ears and going “ la la la” won’t stop it. 

When has he ever been wrong before? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

No she doesn’t ;)

Ok am not an expert armchair or otherwise. I do know there are votes on withdrawal from the EU in the commons slated for 16/17th July. She won't win them. 

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Ok am not an expert armchair or otherwise. I do know there are votes on withdrawal from the EU in the commons slated for 16/17th July. She won't win them. 

I am

she will

The bills were in danger from the pro Europeans not the brexiteers. The pro Europeans are on side now and the brexiteers need the bills to go through as well.

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

I am

she will

The bills were in danger from the pro Europeans not the brexiteers. The pro Europeans are on side now and the brexiteers need the bills to go through as well.

Why do brexiteers need it to go through? 

3 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Not going to happen. Nowhere near.

No, today was all part of May’s grand, cunning plan. She’ll hope a few more front benchers follow suit tomorrow no doubt.

Strong and stable leadership :lol:

And while we’re at it, I wish everyone would start referring to "May's Brexit deal" as "May's initial Brexit negotiating position, which has led to divisions and resignations within her party” instead.

Chris Green and Conor Burns have resigned. I make that six ministerial resignations now? Tory party is imploding. What a job Cameron did when he lanced the boil. Gave the party septicaemia. It's a horrible way to die apparently.  

Someone tweet him about his inability to avoid schoolboy grammatical errors.  I imagine he'll take that well.

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Why do brexiteers need it to go through? 

Ones the trade bill which legally allows us legally to transfer over all our current bilateral deals.

The second is the customs bill which allows us to legally make our own customs arrangements. 

Some brexiteers may not like Mays negotiating stance but they still need these bills into law. Even if they were to topple her they need this legislation to be in place for future trade deals etc.

The big threat here was conservative pro Europeans forcing May to stay in the customs union. This seems to have died down now although it could still be put in as a backstop.