Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It’s hard to tell. The US FTA was never really possible but the hard Brexiteers will use it as a line to sell.

Of course it’s all in the USA and Russia’s interest to see a broken EU.

Once we leave the EU we don’t have a single trade agreement and will be desperate for any agreement we can pick up. Everyone else knows that, we’ll be easy pickings.

I know what Trump is doing, I'm just questioning if the UK, well let's be honest, English people will buy it. I was going to say I know some intelligent people who admire Trump. On reflection, that's not true. They're either bitter losers, thick as fuck, or both. 

Edited by Renton

The Brexit brigade got their knickers all in a twist when Obama talked about us being at the back of the queue - interference! :panic: - yet something tells me this will be just fine with them. Funny that.

So let me get this straight, the President of the United States has given an exclusive interview to the fucking Sun?  We've only seen the front page and that fact is still so far down the list of wtf that it's not even worthy of a footnote?  The world is fuck fuck fuckety fucked.

We need some Brookerian device that just scrambles all mentions of Trump and Brexit.  I'm moving to Russia.

Regarding Trump, I think he probably knows little of the complexity of why a hard Brexit would be bad (NI, Nissan etc), and is just thinking he’s clever bigging up his mate Boris and Farage.

Re where we are, I’m quite surprised why the ERG are acting the way they are. It’s either Mays plan or no Brexit. I can’t see anyway the numbers work for Parliament to vote for a no deal Brexit. It seems so obvious that I truly don’t understand their game plan. If they start voting down her trade bills this week then I think she will have had enough and quit.

Cant see how any replacement can get through anything better than what she’s offered.

I do think the whole process has been handled very badly and in we should have had a much more positive Government approach to Brexit from day 1 and been tougher in our earlier dealings with Europe.

Given where we are I think the best outcome would be that the deal is put to the people. Accept or stay in. The only problem is that Brexiteers would say that the choice should be accept deal, stay in EU or Hard Brexit and that choice would split the Brexit vote so they will fight a vote all the way.

11 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Regarding Trump, I think he probably knows little of the complexity of why a hard Brexit would be bad (NI, Nissan etc), and is just thinking he’s clever bigging up his mate Boris and Farage.

Re where we are, I’m quite surprised why the ERG are acting the way they are. It’s either Mays plan or no Brexit. I can’t see anyway the numbers work for Parliament to vote for a no deal Brexit. It seems so obvious that I truly don’t understand their game plan. If they start voting down her trade bills this week then I think she will have had enough and quit.

Cant see how any replacement can get through anything better than what she’s offered.

I do think the whole process has been handled very badly and in we should have had a much more positive Government approach to Brexit from day 1 and been tougher in our earlier dealings with Europe.

Given where we are I think the best outcome would be that the deal is put to the people. Accept or stay in. The only problem is that Brexiteers would say that the choice should be accept deal, stay in EU or Hard Brexit and that choice would split the Brexit vote so they will fight a vote all the way.

Did you think the process would be this phenomenonally difficult for any government to carry out with any competancy or with a general consensus in Parliament before you voted to leave the EU? 

10 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Couldn't disagree more. May has failed because she took this tough stance with red lines which were completely incompatible with a good deal. This was ideologically driven with the mistaken belief we had some leverage, when we don't. Instead of setting up a pathetic "war cabinet", she should have adopted a less confrontational approach that respected our neighbours as friends, not enemies.

The damage is done now. We are a laughing stock and there is no easy way out now. Largely due to people with your type of mindset CT. Well done. 

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Did you think the process would be this phenomenonally difficult for any government to carry out with any competancy or with a general consensus in Parliament before you voted to leave the EU? 

No, I assumed that when the politicians put it to the people and promised to deliver on the verdict that they would all do it. It was very clear at the time that voting leave would mean leaving the EU, SM and CU.

Cameron should be shot for no prep for a leave vote and the establishment and most politicians have done everything possible to thwart it. Add some piss poor weak leadership and we are where we are.  Last nights QT was a bit of an eye opener for me as the entire audience seemed to be brexiteers and virtually all unhappy with Mays plan and wanting her to go further.

8 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

was very clear at the time that voting leave would mean leaving the EU, SM and CU.

That's not do much a myth as an outright lie. We voted to leave the EU, nothing else. This is what you do CT. You swallow the lies of the far right and keep repeating them verbatim, no matter how many times you're proven wrong. 

16 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

No, I assumed that when the politicians put it to the people and promised to deliver on the verdict that they would all do it. It was very clear at the time that voting leave would mean leaving the EU, SM and CU.

Really? Most Leavers seemed to believe that we'd still have full access to the SM.

DCS_FvNXoAERVWs.png

Edited by ewerk
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Cameron should be shot for no prep for a leave vote and the establishment and most politicians have done everything possible to thwart it. Add some piss poor weak leadership and we are where we are.  Last nights QT was a bit of an eye opener for me as the entire audience seemed to be brexiteers and virtually all unhappy with Mays plan and wanting her to go further.

"Buyers remorse" ;)

Errmmm...

On 2/21/2016 at 22:46, Christmas Tree said:

Take the main point Chez

"Access to a $16.6 trillion a year Single Market of 500m people is the key benefit".

Does anyone remotely believe that this would change if we were out.

• Haha 8