Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With the risk of getting on Gloomy's bad side, the early BBC business/news review showed a page from the telegraph showing a grinning farage waving the Union Jack. Not one word about the story from the guest or the presenter was in any way derogatory or critical of their embarrassing actions. Why put it on? 

35 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

At first I thought "oh aye parody" but that shows you how much I know :lol:

Farage has taken a baseball bat to satire 

The picture looks like a piece of Coldwar Steve artwork. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Brexit in a nutshell. Silly old twats behaving horribly and waving mini Union Jacks while a room of Europeans looks on bewildered. And culminating in Britain having its voice silenced on the European stage. Mint. 

Not stopped him taking an absolute fortune out of the EU for years as an MEP.  Has absolutely no redeeming features at all and hopefully that is the last we ever hear from him or see him - but I very much doubt it as he is a publicity whore. :mad:

So today's the day. I feel genuinely a bit sad this is where we have become as a country. I hope my worst fears are misplaced and both us and the EU will flourish in the coming decades, i really do. But regarding the UK, i really cant see any grounds for optimism. 

00020113.jpg

EL2kayAWoAETa9_.jpg

Who needs Europe anyway. Well worth putting up with a little bit of friction to give us back our sovereignty and trade with the rest of the world! 

UK top trade partners (exports) in 2018:

EU 🇪🇺£291bn
United States 🇺🇸 £50.4bn
China 🇨🇳 £21.4bn
Turkey £10.6bn
Hong Kong 🇭🇰 £7.9bn
UAE 🇦🇪 £7.8bn
Japan 🇯🇵 £6.5bn
South Korea 🇰🇷 £6bn
Canada 🇨🇦 £5.6bn
Singapore 🇸🇬 £5.2bn
India 🇮🇳 £5bn
Australia 🇦🇺 £4.5bn

Edited by Renton

Quite simply there is no real argument to be made for divergence. Economically it's ridiculous, the gains to be made are completely outweighed by the loss of trade with the EU.

It's simply willy waving sovereignty for the sake of it.

I thought this 80 strong majority may have meant that Johnson could take us in a more sensible direction but clearly not. Hopefully the adults in the room can prevent the worst from happening.

46 minutes ago, ewerk said:

EPg4oABX0AE88S9?format=jpg&name=900x900

This is the stuff that is really worrying.

Well nobody round your way is going to vote Tory are they?... regardless of party, denomination, community or football team you support it would appear you're all completely fucked of that's the road he's going down 

Edited by PaddockLad

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Well nobody round your way is going to vote Tory are they?... regardless of party, denomination, community or football team you support it would appear you're all completely fucked of that's the road he's going down 

It's not just NI though is it, although they're getting a double whammy. This is effectively the end of any manufacturing that's integrated with the EU. The NE is projected to be the worst hit, including NI, because we have large automobile manufacturing and supply chains, and are the only region with a net surplus to the EU. At least NI didn't vote for it, unlike us.

:CT:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ant said:

I've now to goto crewe for two days again end of the month to waste time over the east west shit with defra

For fuck sake

Just sit on your arse for the next nine months and when you're asked why you've done nothing tell them you've had assurances from the Prime Minister that no checks would be required.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1