Europe?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Europe?

• In
    • Out
    • Undecided

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

:lol:

Not sure I'd go that far. But there's nothing else to do but let them own it, which is what Starmer is.doing tbf. I still think with the disaster it will be and changing demographics the tories are fucked. 15 wasted years though, fucking hell. 

I saw an article in the Guardian the other day which i -think- is encouraging, sort of. It was a series of interviews done with redwall voters - they "liked" Boris because he was positive and patriotic, and while their faith in him has been shaken now, they're still with him. With Starmer, they're not clear what he stands for and are wary.

However, there's a lot of time before the next election and Johnson seems to be just about the only Tory they care for. Since he won't contest the next election, it's unclear to me that the Tories have anyone who could win them over on the same basis. They might of course just move the goalposts when the time comes, but they may also being telling the truth. Maybe it is a personality cult around Johnson more than anything else for a lot of them.

3 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I’m pretty sure, although I may be wrong, the EU  is not looking to restrict British fishing or asking for a veto on our laws.

I think they will be restricting British fishing but it’s in return for market access. There’s no point in having sole access to British waters but nowhere to sell the fish. The restrictions on government subsidies make sense. Of course the EU don’t want someone on their doorstep completely undercutting them, we moaned when the Chinese did it to us.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

I think they will be restricting British fishing but it’s in return for market access. There’s no point in having sole access to British waters but nowhere to sell the fish. The restrictions on government subsidies make sense. Of course the EU don’t want someone on their doorstep completely undercutting them, we moaned when the Chinese did it to us.

See what you did there

• Haha 2

Government now reneging on the WA, according to FT. Why the fuck would ANY nation trust us? Breaking an international agreement within months of signing it. Unbelievable. 

Didn't Johnson spend months telling us what a great deal this was for the UK? Seems a strange move to threaten to cut up such a cracking deal.

And apparently Johnson now believes no deal is in fact a good deal. If so, why didn't we do this 4 years ago?

I wonder what the FLC thinks about this? As you say, cracking, no doubt. 

Edited by Renton

I guess now is the time where we are using the total power of "walking away" as a negotiating tactic. We've been told for years that this is the move that will bring the EU to their knees, so it's the moment of truth...

Edited by Rayvin

In hindsight, it might have been foolish to expect an "oven-ready" deal from someone you know has never actually lifted a finger to cook a meal in his life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom said:

I doubt they could give two shiny shites 

There’s a polishing turds joke in there somewhere, but frankly, I’m so sick of this whole shitshow I can’t be arsed bothering :lol:

The EU would much prefer a deal but they aren’t about to be held to ransom by this bunch of frauds

We all knew it was shite, but Johnson literally won the election on his oven ready deal. It's ironic that Brexiteers rail on about sovereignty and democracy. For the first point, Brexit proves we are sovereign. Are they seriously suggesting EU countries like Germany aren't? As for democracy,  what is that worth when its based on countless lies? It's worth less than nothing imo, I'd rather have the reality of a dictatorship than the pretence of democracy these cunts have reduced us to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

We all knew it was shite, but Johnson literally won the election on his oven ready deal. It's ironic that Brexiteers rail on about sovereignty and democracy. For the first point, Brexit proves we are sovereign. Are they seriously suggesting EU countries like Germany aren't? As for democracy,  what is that worth when its based on countless lies? It's worth less than nothing imo, I'd rather have the reality of a dictatorship than the pretence of democracy these cunts have reduced us to. 

The democracy argument was bullshit anyway.

And on the other side the ERG are set to revolt against the government because they don’t think the bill goes far enough. :lol: 

No Brexit is brexitty enough for the brsve super Spartans of the ERG, led by ex SAS super hero (definitely not a racist or rapist) Mark Francoise. 

Edited by Renton